Who should McCoist show the door ?

DNW

Get rid of Black, Hutton, Hegarty, Perry, Faure, Cribari and Cole, none of whom are good enough and have not showed enough. Defo keep Shiels though he was doing ok and was earning a great deal of praise from many who could see the paralells between his style of play and that of a Dutch maestro we had some time ago :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defo keep Shiels, he can't play that badly again and we know he is capable of a lot more

Perry can go anyday along with Cribari, if we can get that area sorted then we have the premise of a team that could well go unbeaten next season - although we could have played a lot better that was never realistic last year considering the hand we were dealt. That should be our target, why not aim high we have made a few excellent signings in Bell, Law and Clark?

Sadly a few of the younger lads will need to move on, young Aird started well but not sure he will make it now, along with Hemmings and Cole too

Make available for Transfer Cribari, Perry, Cole, Hegarty, Black, Goian, and Bocanegra, we should not be Buying of any contracts. Think we should keep Sheils and Faure. Hutton I cannot make my mind up on, think in an attacking midfield he might play the holding role quite well. Naismith along with a few others needs to be punted out on loan, there might be a footballer in there.

Perry-He showed excellent promise in the few appearances he made alongside Weir but has been atrocious this season past. Failing in basic, simplistic defending such as heading the ball. He was a bombscare this season.

Cribari-I genuinely struggle to see any positives in his play, he seems tidy enough passing but that otherwise he's such an irrelevance of a Footballer. Also seems afraid to head a ball and his communication with other defenders is abysmal.

Faure-Seems much more confident and comfortable at CB, so I'd maybe settle for keeping him and playing him at CB if we could get rid of Perry and Cribari.

Argyriou-Seems much more comfortable going forward than he does defending but he's not very good at either. Not always, but majority of the times I've seen him attempt to cross a ball he's been dire.

Black-Was reluctant to welcome him t the club and he never proved me wrong, I don't rate him whatsoever and still fail to see what he actually brings to our team. Sick of him standing over almost every single freekick and wasting it.

Hutton-This year was his chance to prove himself and he started off putting in a real shift but just became a joke.

We have pages of comments on 'bring on the youth players', 'develop our own talent', 'give the youngsters a chance' and 'Murray park youth policy'.

Suddenly after the most tumultuous year in the history of The Rangers Football Club a question is posed 'who do we get rid of?'.

Immediately the people who want youngsters developed pipe up with Perry, Crawford, Naismith, Hutton, Cole and Aird. All of these guys are youngsters who, with the exception of Aird, came through our youth system. One season, not a full season for most under trying circumstances, and you want rid of them??

People wonder why fans running football clubs is a bad idea.

We need to keep the nucleus of the squad together, add some experience, see out this season and see who emerges with pass marks. Same applies to the coaching staff.

Objectives for this season;

• Improve quality of football on display
  • Increase fitness levels
  • Win the division comfortably.
  • Challenge for Scottish Cup and League Cup. Semi finals should at least be achievable.

Any players not improving or working to improve fitness can leave in January.

Hutton ( total waste of space ) Agree

Black ( doesn't give a shit ) Agree

Faure ( fat bastard ) Hes worth another season

Cribari ( not good enough for div 2 ) Agree

Shiels ( done fuck all and injury prone ) I still have hopes for him

Would personally give all the youngsters another full season before making any judgements on them...

Add Perry to that and either Argy or Cole.

We have pages of comments on 'bring on the youth players', 'develop our own talent', 'give the youngsters a chance' and 'Murray park youth policy'.

Suddenly after the most tumultuous year in the history of The Rangers Football Club a question is posed 'who do we get rid of?'.

Immediately the people who want youngsters developed pipe up with Perry, Crawford, Naismith, Hutton, Cole and Aird. All of these guys are youngsters who, with the exception of Aird, came through our youth system. One season, not a full season for most under trying circumstances, and you want rid of them??

People wonder why fans running football clubs is a bad idea.

We need to keep the nucleus of the squad together, add some experience, see out this season and see who emerges with pass marks. Same applies to the coaching staff.

Objectives for this season;

• Improve quality of football on display
  • Increase fitness levels
  • Win the division comfortably.
  • Challenge for Scottish Cup and League Cup. Semi finals should at least be achievable.

Any players not improving or working to improve fitness can leave in January.

Good post (tu)

My view is that with the signings already in and no doubt more to come, will greatly curtail the game time for most of last years youngsters and the likes of Stoney, Murdoch will be lucky to feature.

Spot on re the training methods and attitude..............a Manager/Coach that doesn't evolve will be left behind as the game changes faster today. Last year never mind trying to use tactics from 10 years plus are no use today.

Managers and Coaches have to be assessed on a regular basis.............yes a team can be winning, but what about the style, are the Manger and Coaches strong re laying down the law to players , are they addressing the specific weakness in their players and hand in hand with this are they players showing a willingness to sort out their own weaknesses by staying behind and working on them and watching their diets.

Most of the youth were absolutely horrendous and i know it was their first season playing for the first team but you can tell that they won't make it in the long run.

By the time we get back to the SPL you'll be lucky if there are more than 2 of them still starting for us.

Black, Hutton and Shiels should still be here.

Faure, Cribari, Perry, Hemmings, Naismith, the greek boy (unless he's on a shite wage, I'd keep as back-up), Goian and Bocanegra (for his wages, not ability), should all be shown the door.

We should be looking to sign 2 centre backs, a right back and a central midfielder. Get the right players in those positions and next season we will have a team far better to watch than last, that's for sure.

Argyriou is seriously one of the worst players ive seen at ibrox , he cant pass ,defend and always looks really nervous on the ball. I would release him.

Other than that i wouldnt get rid of too many

Naismith because i dont think he has the right atitude.

Hope a few of the younger ones get to go out on loan because i reallyn dont see them getting any game time other than mcleod

I have heard, Shiels, Black, Argyriou, Hutton and Naismith are the ones getting shown the door.

You read Frankie's tweet then

Frankie@GersnetOnline 2h

Looks like Shiels, Black, Argyriou, Hutton and Naismith could be casualties along with Goian & Boca. Others on brink as well?

He pointed out later it was based on nothing but guesswork on his part

We're never gonna release Black or Shiels

Aslong as Hemmings is put out of his misery i'll be happy. Hasn't worked out. I like the guy but he's never getting a game here. Will surely be released and best of luck to him when that happens. The continued drive to sign up midfielders suggests Hutton won't be around for long either

Definitely cribari as he is mince, black and Hutton as their attitude

is rotten, faure and agyriou as the are just not Rangers class no

matter what league we are in.

I would keep shiels as he has a creative spark, as for the youngsters

I would give them all another season as squad players as the wages

won't be that much to keep them.