Union Bears Season 2012/13

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tone of the statements issued has led to misinterpretation by the press that they speak for more than they do. If the press were aware that some of these groups had small memberships then they may not attach as much weight to the statements as they currently do.

I see you have not addressed the issue of the ill timed protests therefore I am guessing that you agree with that point.

I certainly haven't agreed with all their protests but they have the right to do what they want within the law.

I certainly haven't agreed with all their protests but they have the right to do what they want within the law.

Indeed. The point being though is that timing is they key. They are more likely to be listened to if they do it at the right time. Their recent statement whereby they were effectively trying to blackmail Rangers was, to be frank, an embarrassment.

If I was the member of a group and they were doing that sort of thing in my name, I would either leave the group or seek to remove the leaders of it.

No doubt the UB create a good atmosphere in the stadium but I to wish they would choose their songs better, I don't care about Northern Ireland or Ireland and a football stadium is not the place for songs about them either.

I was a big supporter of them and even overlooked their stupid things like ending everything with No Surrender, sad to say to them it is 2013 they should move into the current times not hang around in the old bigoted times.

I support Glasgow Rangers, I don't support Walter Smith, Alli, Ian Black etc etc I support Glasgow Rangers and in the last statement they spat out they were throwing threats at my club how they would need to consider their options if they didn't get what they wanted.

After that IMHO after that I have no respect or support for them and they can Fuck Off and try not to let the door hit them on the way out.

I was going to finish my rant with a No Surrender but didn't want to be cringeworthy or just make myself look like a total tosser.

No doubt the UB create a good atmosphere in the stadium but I to wish they would choose their songs better, I don't care about Northern Ireland or Ireland and a football stadium is not the place for songs about them either.

I was a big supporter of them and even overlooked their stupid things like ending everything with No Surrender, sad to say to them it is 2013 they should move into the current times not hang around in the old bigoted times.

I support Glasgow Rangers, I don't support Walter Smith, Alli, Ian Black etc etc I support Glasgow Rangers and in the last statement they spat out they were throwing threats at my club how they would need to consider their options if they didn't get what they wanted.

After that IMHO after that I have no respect or support for them and they can Fuck Off and try not to let the door hit them on the way out.

I was going to finish my rant with a No Surrender but didn't want to be cringeworthy or just make myself look like a total tosser.

You've made yoursel look like a total tosser with the rest of your post

I really hate cunts like you

Loyalist songs and no surrender is not sectarian you sound like a taig

They're bigoted for ending songs with No Surrender?

He's just a wee poofter that should support a family club like Clyde, shouldn't be on here after a rant like that who the fuck needs tims and enemies when you've got so called Rangers fans rolling out shite like that

Yeah OK whatever.

I don't care much for wars from years ago, I do care about my club getting hit with fines for their songs.

And I didn't say anything about no surrender being bigoted I just think it makes them look like neds that's all.

And I stand by their stupid threat to the club, I'm not happy with the way things have went but I wouldn't spit my dummy out and threaten the club.

Yeah OK whatever.

I don't care much for wars from years ago, I do care about my club getting hit with fines for their songs.

And I didn't say anything about no surrender being bigoted I just think it makes them look like neds that's all.

And I stand by their stupid threat to the club, I'm not happy with the way things have went but I wouldn't spit my dummy out and threaten the club.

You get loyalism and bigotry mixed up they can't fine the club for singin N Ireland songs as you put it those songs were here before you and will be here when your gone accept it or find a new club

Well I didn't mean it that way I just think it is cringeworthy and makes them look like Neds that's all.

Slate them for banners or whatever but posting shit like that is the type of stuff the tims make up, not accusing you of being a tim but that post was out out of order.

We have enough cunts on our case songbook wise without our own joining in.

Fair enough, but with the songs we need to start being more wise, we don't want UEFA all over us, UEFA gave us a fine and IMHO the bad rep that came with it was worse than the money it cost us, the power that be and the press will slobber over everything we do so we need to give them as little as possible to hit us with.

Fair enough, but with the songs we need to start being more wise, we don't want UEFA all over us, UEFA gave us a fine and IMHO the bad rep that came with it was worse than the money it cost us, the power that be and the press will slobber over everything we do so we need to give them as little as possible to hit us with.

What songs are you on about? Loyalist songs are fine police have confirmed this

I have no need to correct them. They don't say I speak for all the fans and neither do I. But I'll add that to the list of things you've made up.

:7325: made up :7325:

I suppose I have made up your new STV show due out next month then? You now the one that's touts you and english as the new Colin and Justin.

Think they are on a winner with that one , tell me tommy should I get a cord suit..............fury you are the man, we have dined well on your exclusives that your puppetmaster gives you to cause havoc with plus you work out cheaper on expenses than dhungwall.........now tell me again what has mini promised you, is it the Dickson job?

Buzz finishes and you appear like the monster coming over the hill fury................when is rst coming back as her shift must be coming up as she has been missing.

While they do bring colour to that one corner of Ibrox it's almost as if everyone else has given up responsibility for singing to this one small section. In the past you had large sections of crowd singing the same song, with slightly different timing so you never new who to keep up with, all around the ground.

They all have scarves but never wear Rangers tops, just those black jackets as some kind of uniform?

Buzz

I really dont think you can dismiss this in quite such an offhand manner - and I have spoken to the poster RST personally about this on more than one occasion. (You can verify this if you so wish)

The money you refer to was a huge issue - but Harris' letter and statement of resignation cited a whole host of failings on all levels - aside from the outstanding monies and the time it took for repayment. I wont bother rep[eating them all here but it made grave reading and I believe has proven to be the catalyst to much of the distrust which exists nowadays.

When persons involved at that time, in fact who were the catalyst to it all, are now in senior positions with the Trust itself it does little to inspire confidence.

I was one of the first members of the Trust - I still believe in the concept of fan ownership - but recognise in its current format, and with it's reputation in tatters,amongst much of the Rangers support the RST will never be able to deliver on that.

Well good on you if thats the case. However I think the un-opposed elections alluded to by others shows the kind of problems which exist. Reading the letter and statement of resignation by Harris it wasnt the money issue which alarmed me the most, bad as it was - it was the underlying sense of cronyism which had allowed such a situation to fester and prevented Harris from making full disclosures on the concerns he had.

I have been asked a no. of times to do an article on the subject of fan ownership - in fact it was on the list of questions which Rangers Chat had for me on air the other night but because they had so money calls we never got round to it - to date I have not done this as I feel it would be divisive rather than unifying. Perhaps it is an issue which should be addressed however.