Union Bears Season 2012/13

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I wasn't in the RST then, I'm afraid. No conspiracy here compadre.

I've already given one example of a ridiculous loan fee arrangement. The rest of what I've said, is merely asking questions of Green, Ahmad and Zeus in general. We have a right and a responsibility to the club that we love to demand these questions are answered.

He should and will be removed should he not be re-elected. The members of the Trust will decide. Personally, I will not be voting for him.

We know that you were not member, but you are a member now.............so as a member do you think this guy is an embarrassment to the rst and he should be removed Y/N

You are making accusations as to misconduct re people involved in getting the Club moving forward again Y/N

So your spokesman/board member has misused his position in the past, is he a hindrance to the rst looking credible Y/N

Buzz

I really dont think you can dismiss this in quite such an offhand manner - and I have spoken to the poster RST personally about this on more than one occasion. (You can verify this if you so wish)

The money you refer to was a huge issue - but Harris' letter and statement of resignation cited a whole host of failings on all levels - aside from the outstanding monies and the time it took for repayment. I wont bother rep[eating them all here but it made grave reading and I believe has proven to be the catalyst to much of the distrust which exists nowadays.

When persons involved at that time, in fact who were the catalyst to it all, are now in senior positions with the Trust itself it does little to inspire confidence.

I was one of the first members of the Trust - I still believe in the concept of fan ownership - but recognise in its current format, and with it's reputation in tatters,amongst much of the Rangers support the RST will never be able to deliver on that.

Well I'm glad that we have a bit of common ground.

I trust you have, but not that I could verify it anyway because I don't know the identity of the poster. I highly doubt they would know mine, I am just a normal member who believes in the cause and acts on his own initiative.

I remember it well and I remember the massive problems it caused the Trust. As I say, I was not a member at the time and was one of many who was outraged.

Obviously this person remaining in a senior position in the Trust is always going to be a stumbling block to its reputation. But you know what, if we believe in fan ownership, to my mind, there's only one way to remove that person and change the reputation of the Trust. And that is to join up and do it democratically. So that's what I've done.

It may be very well be the case that this aim of mine fails and the Trust never plays any significant part in the Club, but it certainly won't be down to a lack of graft.

The fact he was re-elected unopposed last time round (and however many times before) says a lot about those casting the votes - no?

Perhaps - I personally would say it says a lot about the lack of people willing to stand.

Yes but knowledge of acquaintances is not enough is it ?

Which is why we should have demanded answers at the time. It is too late now to do anything other than gossip about the role of Donald Muir and his role in our downfall unfortunately. He ran away into the sunset.

To be fair they backed the winner of the race as Walt is there and Green is gone/going .I see the young ones as I call em as non offensive .They support the team and that for me entitles them to their own opinions even if I disagree with some.We were all young once and we all make mistakes .In their eyes they are having a ball and why not .The football has been pish for ages and I've left many a game thinking why the fuck had I bothered .It's to their credit they continually back the side .

If theres one thing that the whole debacle of the past year has caused, it is a total obliteration of any unity from the fans, us fans cannot reach a consensus on any issue and its as though no 2 rangers fans can agree on any 2 issues. Its a mess, I cant wait till its all out and done and dusted and we can get back to arguing about football, cause arguing for the past year about boardrooms and staff members and leaks and all the unknowns is doing my nut right in. And the amount of tarriers turned accounting experts in the past year is fucking unreal as well.

Indeed they do, just some question the timing of the expressing of them and the way in which it is expressed.

Trying to hijack the announcement of the IPO was not the way to go about things,

Furthermore, the Union bears and other groups need to remember that they only speak for their groups and not necessarily for the Rangers support as a whole. Some of the Rangers Groups seem to think they speak for all the fans when they know full well that they do not.

That's not true though is it? They issue statements in their own group names.

These groups never pull up the media for being way off the mark re speaking on behalf of the Rangers fans...........I have gone through my fury recordings and he never corrects them re this when he's on tv .with his "good guy , once you get to know him" pal,talking about english as his good guy.

I have no need to correct them. They don't say I speak for all the fans and neither do I. But I'll add that to the list of things you've made up.

That's not true though is it? They issue statements in their own group names.

The tone of the statements issued has led to misinterpretation by the press that they speak for more than they do. If the press were aware that some of these groups had small memberships then they may not attach as much weight to the statements as they currently do.

I see you have not addressed the issue of the ill timed protests therefore I am guessing that you agree with that point.