East Fife looking to splash the cash

Just noticed East Fife have been taken over recently and are now looking to go full time.

They're very close to signing Christian Nade and are also interested in Nuno Gomes (according to STV), former Hearts defender Ismael Bouzid and a Ligue 1 player. :lol:

Can't see this ending well for them if they pull off some of these moves.

Potential title rivals for us for the upcoming season? :craphead:

We can't be talking about the same Nuno Gomes :lol:

They put this on twitter last night:

We are talking to mcbride, Steven Campbell and Scott durie. We are looking at Portuguese international Gomez and a France ligue 1 player

Different spelling of "Gomes" but STV seemed to take it as being Nuno Gomes. Keith Downie from STV later said there has been no contact as of yet, but who knows. :lol:

Is this for real? I dont buy papers so not heard of it. Even if they do get to the spl do they not only have like 500 fans?

I heard a certain team from Fife is sinking into the abyss, so they might pick up a few extra fans from that. :pipe:

If they pull off some "big" moves then they'll probably get more punters through the turnstiles, but will still be lucky to have 1k in the home end. It'll be good for them while it lasts, but things will probably turn nasty in the long term.

Gate money from us will cover any of their outlay this season. We also hosted them at Ibrox in the League Cup last August which they got half the money from and, unless I'm mistaken, that money alone would keep them in business for the next 4 years or something?

All the best to them anyway.