Glasgow Boyne Celebrations and Central Scotland

Skelf

I posted earlier and stated about the relevance of the Battle of the Boyne and others throughout history. These Battles set up a constutional government based on democracy and freedom of speech. This structure remains to this day. My point was that with democracy and freedom of speech you can vote, discuss any topic, SUPPORT RANGERS and still not agree with each other. I think thats a fair enought reason to appreciate what significance it had. We all support RANGERS and for that reason i respect all views on this forum. Cheers.

My favourite story about the Orange walk is the one when my sister (an RE Teacher) met one of her pupils who was out watching the parade. My sister was surprised by this as he had never shown any interest in religion in class and when she seen him back t school she said she had seen him and had never realised he was a practicing Christian. To which he replied. 'I'm no a Christian, I'm a proddy'.

13 April 1915

Rangers 2 (Lister2) Patrick Th 0

Benefit for Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland.

10 May 1955

Linfield 0 Rangers 2 (Waddell, Hubbard)

Benefit for Sandy Row Orange Halls.

Source - Rangers The Complete History.

We played in fundraisers for Roman Catholic Schools too.

My favourite story about the Orange walk is the one when my sister (an RE Teacher) met one of her pupils who was out watching the parade. My sister was surprised by this as he had never shown any interest in religion in class and when she seen him back t school she said she had seen him and had never realised he was a practicing Christian. To which he replied. 'I'm no a Christian, I'm a proddy'.

Made up story inspired by the infamous "I'm no Roman but I am a catholic" YouTube video.

oh fuck its the other stormtrooper

We'll that's entirely up to you. I have absolutey no reason to make it up.

None ? You've got a clear stick up your arse when it comes to this topic and make that clear in almost every thread made about it. It's hardly unreasonable to think you'd make up a story that makes people that enjoy this stuff look stupid.

Again, I call bullshit.

To be fair to The Dude I remember reading something about it too - not loads but once anyway

My point is if you have a large fan base who are orange, unionist, loyalist and sing the songs at games etc then it's not something you can dismiss if you have a problem with it then your the bigot yourself

The excuse what's it got to do with Rangers is bullshit, it's connection by sheer Assosciation - what does Penny Arcade, Simply the best, Erasure, the drifters or 3 little birds have to do with Rangers? Even less but you never hear the sad little minority say whats pop music got to do with Rangers do you

Well since you said that I definetely don't believe it's complete bullshit now.

It's perfectly believable some random school boy who enjoyed watching a walk doesn't actually know anything about religion.

Says nothing about the actual members of the walk though. The folk I know who play in bands know shitloads about it and the history behind it.

To be fair to The Dude I remember reading something about it too - not loads but once anyway

My point is if you have a large fan base who are orange, unionist, loyalist and sing the songs at games etc then it's not something you can dismiss if you have a problem with it then your the bigot yourself

The excuse what's it got to do with Rangers is bullshit, it's connection by sheer Assosciation - what does Penny Arcade, Simply the best, Erasure, the drifters or 3 little birds have to do with Rangers? Even less but you never hear the sad little minority say whats pop music got to do with Rangers do you

Im genuinely surprised that there isnt a huge uproar about penny arcade by the tarriers and the appeasers in our support tbh.

Thats a genuine point. The song has been sung for years by the loyalist community for the reasons many know. Why do people think the song is so popular?

You deliberately troll these threads, you always have done, amazed admin let you away with it.

A bit like you do, in any national team threads that pop up. Not nice when people come in threads just to have a sly dig, is it? Crying to admin, when you do the same thing is retarded.

It's perfectly believable some random school boy who enjoyed watching a walk doesn't actually know anything about religion.

Says nothing about the actual members of the walk though. The folk I know who play in bands know shitloads about it and the history behind it.

Thats a valid point mate. Do you have to be a protestant to enjoy the parade?

I used to work in Glasgow city centre and some years id be working the big walk weekend. The amount of chinese, americans etc you would see with the cameras out enjoying the atmosphere was unreal

A bit like you do, in any national team threads that pop up. Not nice when people come in threads just to have a sly dig, is it? Crying to admin, when you do the same thing is retarded.

Its slipping struthy boy

None ? You've got a clear stick up your arse when it comes to this topic and make that clear in almost every thread made about it. It's hardly unreasonable to think you'd make up a story that makes people that enjoy this stuff look stupid.

Again, I call bullshit.

If I wanted to make people look stupid I'd have went to much more effort than a throwaway story like that. I have no gripe with Orangeism or anyone who chooses to follow it, I've made that clear on a number of occasions, simply those who do their utmost to make it look as though it is the very core of our club. It's an important part of our history which has lost most of its relevance to the club today (like a number of other organisations)

I'm not overly religious even though I do believe in a God and have believe in Christian values

I love the parades for purely patriotic reasons - I'm a loyalist

You don't have to be a church going Protestant to enjoy the parades that's a popular myth taigs and handwringers love to throw about

Most of us were probably in the BB as kids can we have a thread on their big parade?