Ally McCoist's CV

8watp8

2011/12

Champions League Qualifier - knocked out by Malmo

Uefa Cup Qualifier - Knocked out by nk Maribor

League Cup - 3rd round defeat to Falkirk

Scottish Cup - 5th round defeat to Dundee United

Positive was amassing the 15 point lead over Celtic by October, as well as the 4-2 and 3-2 victory over the scum.

However the the 15 point league was basically thrown away and was overtaken around Christmas time.

Players in:

Wallace

Boca

Aluko

Goian

Bartley

Ortiz

Bedoya

Matt Mckay

Mervan Celik

The excuse this season was admin, although we were knocked out of every cup bar the Scottish Cup and lost the league lead before Christmas.

2012/13

Bearing in mind all the shit that had gone on over the summer and no pre season etc;

Ramsdens cup - knocked out by Queens in quarter final

League Cup - Humiliated by Inverness in quarter final

Scottish cup - Humiliated by Dundee Untied in 5th round

Positives - beating the spl leaders, at the time, Motherwell in league cup, winning league at a big margin(however with some shocking results and performances along the way)

Players in:

Black

Shiels

Sandaza

Cribari

Kyle

Faure

Argyriou

Templeton

Stella

The excuse was no pre season, however we were seeing the same performances at the end of the season as we did at the start.

2013/14

through first round of ramsedens cup against Albion Rovers

Knocked out of league cup in first round against Forfar Athletic

Players in:

Bell

Law

Daly

Clark

Peralta

Smith

Foster

Mohsni

The excuse this term of not being able to play our new signings(implying he doesn't think spl standard players are capable of beating amateurs). The excuse about Green is awful, if it was Neil Lennon saying that he would think Rangers' season would be a failure without a cup then a manager should use that as motivation, there are off field mind games all the time in the big leagues it is up to a competent management team to motivate players in the right way no matter who is making comments.

This post is spot on! Going back to before the money troubles with some of the results we had in Europe then he's signings overall have not been good enough

Most folk were pleased with the signings at the time. The players haven't performed

Most folk were pleased with the signings at the time. The players haven't performed

So coincidently, 90% of the players dont perform, but its nothing to do with the manager?

It couldnt be that the manager is shit at motivating them and getting them to perform. Part of the job description is it not?

Exactly, but some would have you believe it's a two year emotional reaction :rolleyes:

Some people want it to work out so badly for Ally they're ignoring the potential long term damage to the club.

My priority is Rangers, not trying to turn the greatest ever Ranger into a decent manager.

We're not a work experience placement.

2011/12

Champions League Qualifier - knocked out by Malmo

Uefa Cup Qualifier - Knocked out by nk Maribor

League Cup - 3rd round defeat to Falkirk

Scottish Cup - 5th round defeat to Dundee United

Positive was amassing the 15 point lead over Celtic by October, as well as the 4-2 and 3-0 victory over the scum.

However the the 15 point league was basically thrown away and was overtaken around Christmas time.

When did we beat them 3-0 under Ally?

So coincidently, 90% of the players dont perform, but its nothing to do with the manager?

It couldnt be that the manager is shit at motivating them and getting them to perform. Part of the job description is it not?

I know! I'm just so gutted that things aren't working for Ally. Just wish he could turn it round. I think they were the wrong signings for the divisions we are playing in. My problem is Ally is my era as a player and I hate the fact that he is failing as a manager

Ally is a great guy, but a great manager? No.

He is paid something like 700,000.00 pounds in the lower divisions?????? Is this not a little over the top?

Time to get value for money.

Sack the management team and bring in the guy who managed QoS last season.

I know! I'm just so gutted that things aren't working for Ally. Just wish he could turn it round. I think they were the wrong signings for the divisions we are playing in. My problem is Ally is my era as a player and I hate the fact that he is failing as a manager

We all do,the fact remains though that it just isn't working :(

He is paid something like 700,000.00 pounds in the lower divisions?????? Is this not a little over the top?

I'd rather go for Stuart McColl

Allan Johnston the manager who did fantastic for QoS but he's just left them to take the helm at Kilmarnock . If he continues in that form , would be a great appointment but cant see it happening as the timings all wrong .

If you worked for a shipbuilder and the guy who was recognized as the greatest welder the company had ever seen took over from the managing director when he retired and, over a short period of time, the finished product became so bad that even the local model boat club were beating your company to the contracts, the greatest welder would get his arse oot the door. What may I ask is the difference in regards to our greatest goalscorer?

@PH

Ally have maybe left and went and got some valuable experience at another club before coming back a more complete manager ?

Even if Ally did try and gain experience outwith The Rangers, he has shown he can be easily outmanaged by guys in the third and fourth tier of Scottish football that operate on a fraction of what he has. What would he be like managing say Forfar?

I've supported him -- but performances such as the one vs Forfar and his outburst vs Green, we can do without. On his last legs here.

A big part of a managers job is to develop the players and get them performing. He has failed to do either.