Best ever Rangers Goalie

stourloyal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this. cant believe you rate shagger a better keeper than Klos or even Woods.

You're probably right. I was quite young when Woods was keeper, although I remember him being sent off against the bheasts and Graham Roberts stepping into goals. That was some game!!! When Stefan Klos was our goalie I'm ashamed to say I had stopped going to games and couldn't afford sky, as I had young children to run after, and it was the end of his career with us when I started going to games again! That's why I chose McGregor.

Great seeing the names coming through. I never saw Dawson, Bobby Brown or Niven who are/were revered by those who did! The keepers I've seen in my time are just amazing - nobody has mentioned Gerry Neef or Lionel Charbonnier. Without a shadow of doubt - for 50 years (and more) we have been just way ahead of any other team in the country but then that is true of pretty much every position if the truth be told!

Goram without a doubt then Woods. I can't believe the way some are running down Waterreus. He was an excellent 'keeper, just not flashy. Good on the ground and in the air and his distribution was better than any other 'keeper I've ever seen. Klos was a wonderful shot-stopper but poor in the air and his kick-outs from pass-backs were woeful.