Lets play The National Anthem Before Every game.

Dunny_01

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Dunny,then i would play Follow Follow by Alexander Murray Smith and the Back 'O' town syncopators.Julescotia played this as his backing for his highlights piece for the Stranraer game.What a find,in the old 'ragtime' rendition,would certainly put the crowd in an upbeat mood......

Yeah BP i defo take your point and maybe i should push the "political" part a wee bit more but ill leave that to more elequent posters as im a scrapper whilst voicing my views!

Rangers Football Club and Scotlands British identity is severely under threat, and in my eyes outside football!, were goin to stand back and let Salmond n crew push there agendas day in day out.

The suggestion i put was to Let us show the world, whilst creating a spectacle similar to last nights summerslam WWE where the national anthem is played. Im sure Amy McDonald, Mongolian band etc would love to do that at a Rangers full house.

you know my point mate im just no good in getting it over, ill phone in Rangers chat and make my point clear.... and ill brush up on my politics and start a campaign too haha

:lol: I agree with your desire to have a rousing 'anthem' of some sort at the start.

I disagree with your point about it being GSTQ and tieing the club into the politics of the independance vote (as I am all for independance)

Basically we agree on the need for more noise at the start we disagree on our politics :pipe:

As the " Quintessantial British club" we don't even pay our taxes to take care of Her Majesty, so I think it would be a bit much to now start singing songs, asking God to save her. Just my humble opinion. Cheers.

B7 B7 B7 Quick

Who thought this user account should have been passed.

As the " Quintessantial British club" we don't even pay our taxes to take care of Her Majesty, so I think it would be a bit much to now start singing songs, asking God to save her. Just my humble opinion. Cheers.

B7 B7 B7 Quick

We're deid yet you obsess over us you spunk covered freaky bastard :lol:

B7 B7 B7 Quick

Since you asked sooo nicely.

I would call on Craig Mather and Everyone at Rangers, to install a new tradition, and play the National anthem before every home game before the game starts.

With the commonwealth games coming up and the National vote on Independance.....I would like to see, Glasgow Rangers '' The Quintessential British Club'' performing a new ritual at every home game, similar to the way The Americans do before every NFL / Baseball game, having the Rangers players and /not the away team;.... standing for our anthem and sing loud and proud.

Surely there are no rules against stopping us starting this now.. Its our identity and we should jump on this now, on the lead up to the most important year in British history. The Rangers fans would love it, and certainly would have Ibrox packed for kick off. AND IF there is ANY Fifa ruling on this, then get Broxi Bear in the centre circle and get it loud and proud over the tannoy.

I would and my wee boy would love to see the Mongolian brass band for example, playing this before kick off.....what a spectacle it would be.

I would love to hear the boys on here's opinion on this....

Need to get this started soon in case McColl gets in

I wouldnt say it is very appropriate. We need something that everyone can get behind, and there are some in our support that would not want that. Rangers supporters come from a broad church and everyone should be respected. The last thing we need right now is a further division in the support. Lets just keep to trying to encourage people to sing Rangers songs.

B7 B7 B7 Quick

This is a Rangers forum. You sound like a Timothy. Just my humble opinion. Cheers.

Would never happen and would be cringey as fuck, after the first few times the novelty will wear off and can you imagine in years time getting a shit team in scottish cup with barely 20,000 in ibrox then blasting out a national anthem wanting everyone to sing. Leave it to the actual NATIONS, we are a football club. Not to mention that there are thousands of Bears who want independence and also that the Queen has nothing to do with whether we are independent or part of the union, she would be our head of state regardless.

I'd say yes. Right up until some idiot tries to make it all about Northern Ireland because they don't actually care about football in the slightest.

At that poiint the anthem and those who despoil it should be banned.

Are you aw there and a wee bit mer?