Chris Graham - Why the hatred?

A Topic earlier (regarding the banning of a poster) got pulled very quickly.

A Topic earlier (by a fairly new poster) asking if Debate was allowed got locked very quickly.

This Topic is obviously personal about an individual.....but we are now into 5 pages. Why is it still here?

It seems that anyone brave enough to put their head about the parapet is there to be shot down, primarily by our own supporters. People seem to jump to the conclusion that Chris and others believe they are speaking for the Rangers support, when in fact I don't believe that to be true. Chris gives his opinions on the likes of STV and if others assume that he is speaking for our fans then that is their fault.

If we put half as much energy into working together as we do squabbling with eachother then perhaps things would be very different. Sadly though such unity seems unlikely any time soon.

Way to sensible a view mate...

Chris thinks he is better than everyone dont ya know :lol:

It seems that anyone brave enough to put their head about the parapet is there to be shot down, primarily by our own supporters. People seem to jump to the conclusion that Chris and others believe they are speaking for the Rangers support, when in fact I don't believe that to be true. Chris gives his opinions on the likes of STV and if others assume that he is speaking for our fans then that is their fault.

If we put half as much energy into working together as we do squabbling with eachother then perhaps things would be very different. Sadly though such unity seems unlikely any time soon.

I've never seen anyone (from Edgar, to Macmillan, to Kerr and more) say they're speaking for everyone. That would be ludicrous and untrue.

All these people are doing is, when asked, giving their opinion - usually on behalf of those they represent - to give a flavour of what the Rangers support is thinking. It may be reflective of the majority, it may not; but if anyone has serious opposition to these people and/or organisations, it's more constructive to offer an alternative.

Why should admin cut this thread? It's a fair point the OP asked about someone who has often been quoted/used by the media about RFC issues.

Na I know. It just came quickly off the back of the utter bullshit in the 'Green to stand down' thread.

Thought it was gonna just be another thread of people calling him a dick, but it has evolved into, at least slightly reasoned debate about him. Fair enough (tu)

Some very fair points mate....I don't think you could name a "famous" rangers fan/spokesman who isn't derided by a vocal minority! That is why IMO fan ownership would never work....

Has Chris' reaction been perfect. No, it's not but given the utter nonsense he's subjected to from people, it's not a surprise he responds in kind occasionally. That's unhelpful so I think everyone should rethink their style in that regard. But it won't happen because for some, personality issues have overtaken every other consideration.

We've seen it time and again for weeks now.

I've watched Graham represent our interests brilliantly on TV - doing a grand job in standing up for our club. I've never met the man, but if I ever do I want to stand him a pint for making a complete fool out of Britney. That alone should cut him a lot of slack from our supporters.

But, having now said all of that, I'm also of the opinion that the main driver of attacks on Graham from fellow Rangers supporters is envy. It's embarrassing to watch some of the playground grade idiocy thrown at him by our own.

One went as far as to claim that Graham being appointed to a position within Rangers would 'light the blue touch paper' on inter-fan violence.

:000000082:

Some of us are right cunts though :pipe:

Theres too many people out there trying to speak for the fans (Dingwall, Chris Graham, all the bloggers etc) I dont mind when someone posts their opinion but when it comes down to bitter arguments and people pushing agendas and Rangers fans calling each other cunts and treating each other worse than theyd treat a tim then its gone too far.

Look at the way D'Artangan conducts himself on forums etc - That's what I call a fans spokesperson.

But what happens the first time he appears on tv and you don't agree with his opinion? You may be able to accept that but others won't and we just go round again!

It seems that if anyone gets close to the club posters automatically take a dislike to them. They also seem a bit jealous in case a blazer is passed out and it's not to them.

That sounds about right. Petty jealousies seems to have a part to play in the abuse doled out to anyone who has the audacity to voice a differing opinion.

Look at the way D'Artangan conducts himself on forums etc - That's what I call a fans spokesperson.

Yeah he does. But he's not really a spokesperson, as far as I'm aware, in the literal sense. If he did become a MSM spokesperson he'd probably get slaughtered too.

I never really seen the big deal on him getting paid by the BBC.

IMHO it's the ones with a problem with him who are making a big deal as they think it's something to hit him with.

Is he getting paid

If he is fine if he is not fine

I suspect he is just far to darn handsome for some to handle :lol:

Well its as good a reason as the majority of the pash posted about him

When I first heard of Chris Graham I had no idea how he became "known" or who he represented (just himself as it transpired).

I read some of his posts some time back and he came across well. Unfortunately, in my opinion, his ego has now become rather inflated. He also appears to have become a bit of a lap dog for FF and MD. Perhaps it's a two-way thing.

Whilst I don't disagree with everything he says, I do disagree with quite a lot. He has also, again in my opinion, become rather childish in some of his posts and has let himself down. It appears to be a "bloggers" disease where self-importance takes precedence over content and by far exceeds ability and actual importance. Chris Graham isn't alone in having this affliction.

I never really seen the big deal on him getting paid by the BBC.

IMHO it's the ones with a problem with him who are making a big deal as they think it's something to hit him with.

Chris wouldn't have been paid anything other than expenses at the very most.

Honestly, since when did we allow Rangers haters like Jane Lewis at the BBC dictate our thinking. She must be loving the stushie it's caused. Aren't you Jane?

I'm not defending anyone. In fact I've criticised and disagreed with Chris plenty of times.

I think Chris (and myself as well) have disagreed with Bill several times recently but there's not been any abuse that I've seen. I tend not to mention Bill all that much myself as I think his blogs recently have been poorly judged so not really worth much consideration. But that's only my opinion.

You are a good friend to Chris. My opinion is if he had answered the questions asked a couple of months ago a lot of this would have been avoided. I am really sorry Chris wanted a good Rangers supporter banned and got his way.

Anyway I have to go to work but I'll read about me being a mentalist later on Twitter, Facebook, CRO, and Gersnet. :dry:

But what happens the first time he appears on tv and you don't agree with his opinion? You may be able to accept that but others won't and we just go round again!

The first time D'Art didn't say exactly what we all wanted, a few people would get annoyed. The second time it happened, he'd be accused of being a MD lapdog. After that, it would be open season on his personal life and profession.

When I first heard of Chris Graham I had no idea how he became "known" or who he represented (just himself as it transpired).

I read some of his posts some time back and he came across well. Unfortunately, in my opinion, his ego has now become rather inflated. He also appears to have become a bit of a lap dog for FF and MD. Perhaps it's a two-way thing.

Whilst I don't disagree with everything he says, I do disagree with quite a lot. He has also, again in my opinion, become rather childish in some of his posts and has let himself down. It appears to be a "bloggers" disease where self-importance takes precedence over content and by far exceeds ability and actual importance. Chris Graham isn't alone in having this affliction.

This.

He was viewed very positively in the early days by most including me.

There seems to have been a watershed moment when he moved firmly into the RST/FF/Dingwall camp and became little more than a mouthpiece for them. That's when he lost the respect of his detractors.