Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to defend Black here, although I will say at least his attitude towards the game didnt change. He played to win, played well and indeed scored in the game.

That being said, what a fanny. Needs to be punished by the club, needs to apologise sincerely, and needs to work his socks off on the park to earn forgiveness.

Ok now that's sorted lets sort the rest of Scottish football our rather than single one footballer out of 1000s that bet. It only fair??He bet against us I bet against us ffs last season because the odds where good if I won, opps that makes me not a real Rangers supporter, some people need to get a grip and stop using their own agenda to get rid of him because they don't or never like IB

Difference is you are not on the park affecting the result, d'oh!

Meh.. he had a bet like a lot of other players,I don't think it's been confirmed he bet against us when playing or having an effect on the result. The fact he wasn't charged under Rule 23 suggests he didn't. So if all he had was a few bets I don't have a problem with it. If confirmed he played in games and bet against us he should get the bullet of course.

NO SURRENDER IAN BLACK.

Who has not made a mistake in their lives? some of the posters in hear want blood ffs

It is done and dusted - move on and give the guy a break, focus your anger on those who tried to kill us.

Let the guy get on with his career.

Gambling on football would be a mistake, an acceptable one. Gambling on your own team to fail to win (if true), unforgivable and disgraceful. Please bear in mind he may have done it more often then just once, he was just caught once and admitted it. For me it is black and white, he has admitted doing it and therefore has to go.

Gambling on football would be a mistake, an acceptable one. Gambling on your own team to fail to win (if true), unforgivable and disgraceful. Please bear in mind he may have done it more often then just once, he was just caught once and admitted it. For me it is black and white, he has admitted doing it and therefore has to go.

You have got to be joking DD, he played to win in that game and I believe scored the winner? You say he may have done it more and not got caught, then again he may not have.

He may have caught a double decker bus to the moon to meet Elvis but then again he may not have.

Thank fuck you are not on a jury.

Judging by your recent photo, you may be a Spaniard but then again you may not be.

Get the picture how stupid your thought process is?

Keep the negative thoughts and comments to yourself lest the tarriers are looking in and rubbing their hands at the negativity.

Oh - you already are.

The Club should discipline him and draw a line under it. He bet against us in a game we won 4-0 in which he played well. I know Rangers fans who have bet against us. Black has never claimed to be a Rangers supporter, so I have no issue with him doing it. He will be down a lot of money with the combination of the SFA fine and Club fines. Lesson learnt IMO.

panel decision in full

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following case:

Alleged Party in Breach: Ian Black, Rangers FC

Dates: 4th March 2006 to 28th July 2013

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Season 2012/13 and preceding Rules and Articles):

(1) By betting on three football matches on then-registered club not to win.

(2) By betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then-registered club.

(3) By betting on a further 147 football matches.

Outcome: Admitted

Sanctions: (1 & 2) 10 match suspension. Three match suspension to be served immediately, seven matches suspended until the end of season 2013/14 to take effect upon any breach of rules 22 or 23. (3) Censure.

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Rule 33 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14): No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bet in any way on a football match (except authorised and registered football pools).

Please note that there is no evidence to suggest any breach of Disciplinary Rule 23 (Rule 34 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14).

Disciplinary Rule 23, for reference: No club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall knowingly behave in a manner, during or in connection with a match in which the party has participated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through betting.

So Ian Black is guilty on charges 1 and 2, with no evidence in breach of charge 3.

13 games in total, 3 games betting AGAINST and 10 games betting FOR "his then registered Club".

It's interesting to read Rule 23, especially where I've highlighted.

In summary:-

1. Did he bet against Rangers?, I'm not sure. If he did, he wasn't playing where Rule 23 is concerned.

2. The "then registered Club" covers 7 years and can be a somewhat cantankerous use of words in spreading doubt. Are the SFA saying Ian Black bet against Rangers 3 times, or, against ICT 3 time, or, against Hearts 3 times, or 2 of these Clubs, or a conglomeration of all 3 Clubs. I think they deliberately used this term to clusterfuck our support; and it has worked when reading through this thread.

A 3 match ban and £7500 fine is not as bad as was once thought, so quite light really. I think this also helps the SFA as they will now get notified of quite a few "betters".

Ian Black was stitched up by a Ladbrokes employee, that's obvious, but he was doing what hundreds, probably thousands of players, have been doing for years. Do we all work/live/play by the rules?, not many of us, I'm afraid.

You have got to be joking DD, he played to win in that game and I believe scored the winner? You say he may have done it more and not got caught, then again he may not have.

He may have caught a double decker bus to the moon to meet Elvis but then again he may not have.

Thank fuck you are not on a jury.

Judging by your recent photo, you may be a Spaniard but then again you may not be.

Get the picture how stupid your thought process is?

Keep the negative thoughts and comments to yourself lest the tarriers are looking in and rubbing their hands at the negativity.

Oh - you already are.

Are you serious? If he has done it once, it is likely he has done it again, thats just logic, im not convicting him. It would certainly explain some of his performances from the season. Even if it was just once, irrespective of how he played, there would be no other reason that he placed the bet other than the hope it would come in. What man puts a bet on that he hopes to lose. A sudden change of conscience does not change intent.

Are you serious? If he has done it once, it is likely he has done it again, thats just logic, im not convicting him. It would certainly explain some of his performances from the season. Even if it was just once, irrespective of how he played, there would be no other reason that he placed the bet other than the hope it would come in. What man puts a bet on that he hopes to lose. A sudden change of conscience does not change intent.

To be fair, normal punters bet against their own team all the time. They see it as a win/win situation.

I've bet against Scotland before hoping it wouldn't come in.

Sandaza got punted for much, much less.

It's all very well saying he bet against us in a game we won 4-0, however, if it was 0-0 and their striker was running through in the last minute would Black burst a gut to get back to tackle? I doubt it.

Gamblers are inherently greedy, selfish fools.

You have no proof that he has done it again, just supposition and not logic - like I said thank fuck you are not on a jury.

He has accepted he was wrong, and been punished.

I may have a different opinion of him if he had not admitted it and got found guilty.

Have you not made mistakes DD? I know I have.

Move on, support the players and the team - we have had enough negativity

so you are suggesting if he did bet against us he didn't try in order to get a bet

up, surely his win bonus would outweigh his winnings on a coupon?

Black bet on us last season several times with a -3, -4 handicap, including the first match of the season where we drew with Peterhead.

As far as I am aware the betting against his own team incident was indeed betting on us to draw as part of an accumulator.

It is an absolute disgrace if after this issue, we do not see several other players brought up on similar charges, because we know it is happening throughout the game at all levels.