Ian Black Given 3 Match Ban (7 Suspended) & £7.5k Fine

bluenose_72

Fucking joke.

90% of players put bets on.

If Black is getting punished then the rest need punished too. Time for us bears to get trawlling on twitter, Facebook etc and build up a list. I have seen countless players posts betting slips online. Fed up with Rangers and our players being made example of.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) By betting on three football matches on then-registered club not to win.

While we are all high Fiveing here we still have a Rangers player who has placed bets on matches involving the team he plays/played for and his chosen result was for his team NOT to win.

That concerns me and I would like a full explanation from him before I will call this a result or otherwise.

While I can't actually disagree and tell the people wanting Black sacked that they are wrong, I don't think it's as black and white as that.

One thing I've learned from this is that there's a difference between betting on your team not to win and throwing matches. The game in question Black actually scored and played well.

Plus I've been told it was handicap betting, which muddies the waters a bit more but also doesn't make it seem as bad (to me personally)

The club should toe his baws for being so stupid and of course fine him 3 weeks wages for the 3 games he can't play for us - then hopefully we can move on.

For someone who doesn't bet much, what does this mean? Why is this not as bad as just betting on your team not to win? (which would seem pretty bad to me)

I think those that want him sacked just don't want him playing for us, the one game that involved us whilst playing for us he actually scored the goal which made him lose the bet, I'm guessing from that he was more interested in us getting the points than winning a bet.

Black has been great this season. I have been looking forward to watching him play.

Its just unacceptable to bet against your team though. I regard this as a worse offence than Sandaza's. Sandaza was pish, and I didnt want him playing for us. Still was a very harsh sacking though.

For someone who doesn't bet much, what does this mean? Why is this not as bad as just betting on your team not to win? (which would seem pretty bad to me)

it's just betting a team minus goals ... for example Celtic vs Shaktar a couple of weeks ago, I knew Celtic would go through so I bet them minus 2 goals ... bet a tenner and ended up with £60 (if I remember correctly?) so when they won 3-0 I won the bet - if that makes sense?

Fucking joke.

If Black is getting punished then the rest need punished too. Time for us bears to get trawlling on twitter, Facebook etc and build up a list. I have seen countless players posts betting slips online. Fed up with Rangers and our players being made example of.

What % of players bet against their own team in games they participated in?

I don't have a problem with players betting on their own team to win but any other bet could be a bit dodgy. If Ian Black has bet on us to lose while playing for us he should hang his head in shame and he should be shown the door. We cannot afford to allow one of our most seasoned and highest paid players to remain at the club if he has done that. Im not sure how exactly contracts are worded or anything like that and am not sure if he would just be sacked or would have to be paid off. If as we suspect there are many more players at many other clubs who have been betting let us establish the high ground from the off and let it be known that WE WILL SACK ANY OF OUR PLAYERS IF THEY BET AGAINST US. ....

I'm pretty sure the contract says you aren't allowed to break any SFL rules. One of those rules is no betting on any football matches anywhere in the world. If he broke that rule, he broke the contract.

Not to sure on who or what teams and games Ian Black was betting on. If he admitted doing wrong and the punishment is fair then so be it, but nobody for one minute will tell me that there is no other player out there who hasnt been doing the same thing. I really get a wiff of timothy on this, they are that obsessed to try and cause trouble for rangers. I now wonder if the bookies who brought this to light will do the same with any others betting this way as i beleive there will be more. Lets also see if the jokers at the sfa are as fast to jump on other players outwith rangers. Fuck the sfa and all the rhat infested media.

With the precedent now set, the SFA need to clamp down on any similar cases across the country. Saying that, Black is an idiot. If he has bet against Rangers Football Club, nevermind any of his previous clubs, he should be sacked. There is absolutely no excuse.

The case will be closed now , the SFA will do damn all against others unless its another of our players .........

If Educator has remembered correctly, and it does bring back a faint memory for me, he did bet that we would draw a game and it was Black himself who scored the goal which caused him to lose the bet. Think that shows that he was more interested in us winning the game than winning a bet.

That is certainly a mitigating factor, and is the reason why he wasn't charged with the more serious offence of manipulating the outcome of a match.

With regards to suggestions above, and it being an addiction would that work?

I do know, for a act, that you can't be punished for any alcohol related issues if you declare yourself an alcholic , do the same rules apply for gambling?

plenty of alkys in the Bar L that would disagree with you on that score

Fucking joke.

Players are allowed to bet just not in competitions that they have been involved in.

For example black could of easily bet on the English premiership. If others have done what black did and have placed bets in competitions that they are involved in they should get the same treatment. However, I dont think that is very common place

Players are allowed to bet just nit in competitions that they have involved in.

For example black could of easily bet on the English premiership. If others have done what black did and have placed bets in competitions that they are involved in they should get the same treatment. However, I dont think that is very common place

Apparently they are not allowed to bet in any game anywhere in the world

Think SFA should be asking that all clubs now should be obliged to ask these questions when players are signed, or given a new contract. Would be in the clubs and players own interests. I would be happy for this to happen, even with an amnesty period, as we would possibly then see how much "due diligence" was shown by the SFA in their investigation. Wont happen though. SFA will keep the blinkers on to focus on Rangers.

What % of players bet against their own team in games they participated in?

You'd be surprised. Played alongside quite a few lads who had the other team to win. One even threw a Scottish Cup tie after telling us BEFORE the game that he had a few ton on the other team (goalkeeper as well). Was sacked by the club and that's as far as it went.

For everyone excusing his actions by the fact that he played well and scored a goal in the match in question.

What position would he have put the club in if by chance we had played badly that day, he didnt score that goal and we ended up losing the match?

He would have put the club in a position where there would have been genuine thoughts of match fixing. The damage he could have done to the club would have been massive.

I don't bet much either but any time I've bet on an accumulator I've picked random numbers first then gone down the list to see who it is I'm actually betting on, same with horses if I know which races I'm betting on I pick random numbers for each race and pick the relevant horse. Don't think it's the same thing!

it's just betting a team minus goals ... for example Celtic vs Shaktar a couple of weeks ago, I knew Celtic would go through so I bet them minus 2 goals ... bet a tenner and ended up with £60 (if I remember correctly?) so when they won 3-0 I won the bet - if that makes sense?

Ah OK. If he did this I would be less concerned. It needs to be made public exactly what the bets involving Rangers were. As fans we need to know so we can make our own minds up.

For everyone excusing his actions by the fact that he played well and scored a goal in the match in question.

What position would he have put the club in if by chance we had played badly that day, he didnt score that goal and we ended up losing the match?

He would have put the club in a position where there would have been genuine thoughts of match fixing. The damage he could have done to the club would have been massive.

He was wrong, no doubt about it. No-one can deny it. He's been stupid, but he's been punished. Personally I'm happy to move on provided he's fined 3 weeks wages for the games he can't play and he's had his baws severely toed - and of course never does it again.

I think Sandaza is different. He was sneaky and purposely tried to manouvre a way out of the club. The line from him "contact me and not Rangers" was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Didn't care about him admitting he was only here for money - he was just being honest.

I don't bet much either but any time I've bet on an accumulator I've picked random numbers first then gone down the list to see who it is I'm actually betting on, same with horses if I know which races I'm betting on I pick random numbers for each race and pick the relevant horse. Don't think it's the same thing!

Mmm. As I say, we need to know what the bets were.