Ray Wilkins

AlBear.

On Goals on Sunday there gushing about his time at Rangers. Says it was his most enjoyable time in football.

It's a sad situation that his knowledge and experience isn't being utilised currently in an official position at a football club. Clearly had a negative impact on Chelsea after he left.

Would we be happy if someone of his calibre came back to Rangers in an official capacity? Or is the "jobs for boys" mentality the scourge of football?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What role would he have?

He's a man of integrity so I doubt he'd want to be associated with the current board. I don't see any role available in the coaching staff but I doubt he would take one anyway. I think he's probably happy with his current role as a pundit. Probably only a London club could tempt him back into coaching.

Despite his awful first appearance on sky sports when he kept telling players to stay on their feet and was calling players by first name I think he's one of the better pundits about, a complete gentlemen you actually cant fault him for anything he is so wise and sincere about everything

can remember he came back to Scotland to play for the edinburgh junkies and got a standing ovation from the crowd when he was subbed at Ibrox, league cup game i think mid to late nineties. when his name gets mentioned everyone thinks of that goal against the mhanks what a fantastic strike

can remember he came back to Scotland to play for the edinburgh junkies and got a standing ovation from the crowd when he was subbed at Ibrox, league cup game i think mid to late nineties. when his name gets mentioned everyone thinks of that goal against the mhanks what a fantastic strike

He joined them at 40!

What role would he have?

He's a man of integrity so I doubt he'd want to be associated with the current board. I don't see any role available in the coaching staff but I doubt he would take one anyway. I think he's probably happy with his current role as a pundit. Probably only a London club could tempt him back into coaching.

You don't see any role available in the coaching staff REALLY !!! how about Kenny and Durrants postions .

On Goals on Sunday there gushing about his time at Rangers. Says it was his most enjoyable time in football.

It's a sad situation that his knowledge and experience isn't being utilised currently in an official position at a football club. Clearly had a negative impact on Chelsea after he left.

Would we be happy if someone of his calibre came back to Rangers in an official capacity? Or is the "jobs for boys" mentality the scourge of football?

its only jobs for boys if the boys are fucking awful at the job, wilkins would be an outstanding coach imo, look how composed he was on the ball, never rushed things and kept the ball well, that alone is a thing we could really be working on, nevermind his other abilities

would have him here in an instant