Marius Zaliukas signing talks - (Official)

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 replies thus far and not one thinks this would have been a necessary (or in some cases even good) signing - with the vast majority happy he has not signed. Now, it could be people are making the best of a bad situation and if he had signed would have been praising it - but somehow i never had that impression with the Zaliukas signing.

It begs the question....why did Alistair wish to sign him?

Mohsni, jig, cribari and faure all capable at this level. Worst case Wallace moves inside and Smith goes lb.

Cribari and Moshni for me I feel Jig offers more upfront and I think Faure had a couple of good games start of season that's all he's done really

Amazes me it really does.

There was a thread one or two weeks ago about big Zaliukas and plenty of names in here said they'd take him.

Now he is shite?

Contradictions ten a fucking penny.

We've missed out on a good CB with bags of experience in Scottish football, but hey let's kid on we don't care and the big man's shite

There was a thread one or two weeks ago about big Zaliukas and plenty of names in here said they'd take him.

Now he is shite?

We've missed out on a good CB with bags of experience in Scottish football, but hey let's kid on we don't care and the big man's shite

Shall we all head to the Erskine Bridge instead then?

Why would we put Wallace at CB when we have plenty to fill in? Mohsni and Faure with Gasparsotto, Cribari, Jig and Hegarty as cover, get rid of Perry hes terrible.

I said worst case. Plus with Ally's penchant for playing his signings, it would let him fit Smith into the team. Hegarty and Perry arent good enough and Gasparotto looks like he will never get a chance so yer, id rather see Wallace ahead of all 3 of them.

Cribari and Moshni for me I feel Jig offers more upfront and I think Faure had a couple of good games start of season that's all he's done really

Im happy with Either Faure or Cribari playing in there to be honest. Cribari gets a tough deal but he looked a lot better with a proper centre back in there with him. Wouldnt mind seeing a Cribari Mohsni partnership

Now he is shite?

Are you new to being a football fan? :)

Pandza es off too. He is set to sign for Gornik Zabrze, Polish team. I was said he is a very good defender, but I haven´t seen him play. Finances apart I think we need a top defender to play along Moshni and let Jig play in midfield or even in more forward areas... But we´ll stick to what we have at the moment

I said worst case. Plus with Ally's penchant for playing his signings, it would let him fit Smith into the team. Hegarty and Perry arent good enough and Gasparotto looks like he will never get a chance so yer, id rather see Wallace ahead of all 3 of them.

Smith should be back up LB, i honestly cant see why we would take our best player and one of our main attacking threats in Walllace and put him at CB unless every other player who can play CB including Daly and Jig was injured all nine of them and thats highly unlikly, im not trying to give you a hard time but i cant stand players out of position.

Clearly not, still doesn't excuse the fact people changing their tune not even two weeks after deeming him worthy of being a Rangers player.

If you can explain how that makes sense please tell me what I've missed

It was a joke based on the fact that football fans are notoriously fickle.

A more serious answer: if people were happy with the idea if signing him, I'm pretty sure it wasn't with a blank cheque book in mind. It appears that we've offered what we think he is worth and he has turned it down, and rather than pay over the odds for him we've decided to make do with what we have. Nothing to get upset about, and shows we've learnt from past mistakes. I'm happy enough.

It was a joke based on the fact that football fans are notoriously fickle.

A more serious answer: if people were happy with the idea if signing him, I'm pretty sure it wasn't with a blank cheque book in mind. It appears that we've offered what we think he is worth and he has turned it down, and rather than pay over the odds for him we've decided to make do with what we have. Nothing to get upset about, and shows we've learnt from past mistakes. I'm happy enough.

I'm happy he has as well, but not for the false reasons some appear to give.

I've said from day one we should role with the young guns and I stick by that.

Doesn't mean I think he is shite all of a sudden