Marius Zaliukas signing talks - (Official)

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing that he chose not to sign, but I.won't be losing any sleep over it. We seem to be fairly well covered at the back so in an injury crisis we should be ok. Next summer we can try to sign a top class CB and move some of the dead wood on.

The amount of people on here who gave the management shit over this signing. Well, the board offered a contract to the player that was affordable to the club and it was rejected. All those that want us to watch the bottom line, not over spend on "unnecessary" wages better get use to this sort of thing.

As it stands we don't particularly need another CB, right now, even though he would have improved our squad and likely been a main member. We offered, he rejected. End of. No need for a thread of stupid, repetitive, petty arguing over a player many thought superfluous who isn't signing anyway.

I think Ally was looking at the big picture in case we have a good run in the Cup and meet Inverness, Aberdeen or Celtic. In that case good CB are gonna be necessary. To play against the likes of Dunfermline and so on the current squad is more than enough.

But if we meet the so-called top guns and happens what happened last season against Dundee United where our CB made a fool for themselves then all those who say that we don´t need CB will thrash Ally and the players.

I personally would´ve gone for Pandza: 26 years old, 1,88m, international experience and could stay at the team for years to come, but we´ll definetely stick with the boys that we have at the moment.

But if we lose agains a SPL team and our CB are all over the place don´t complain.

Quite happy about this to be honest, not needed for the time being, yes we need to build a team for a few years time but this will hopefully give us some good scouting time to get another good defender in when the time is right. Even if it's only till January we should have more than enough cover till then.

now its judgement time for the manager and the board,ally made a huge tactical blunder by not following in walters footsteps,the first thing walter would have done is brought in 2 or 3 quality experianced centre halfs and built the team around a strong defence,ally never done this and in my opinion its a huge mistake ,and we will pay the price for it in the scottish cup.the board cant hide behind the transfer embargo now,be very interested to see if they invest money into the team and buy some quality instead of wasting wages on bosman dross with no sell on value.

now its judgement time for the manager and the board,ally made a huge tactical blunder by not following in walters footsteps,the first thing walter would have done is brought in 2 or 3 quality experianced centre halfs and built the team around a strong defence,ally never done this and in my opinion its a huge mistake ,and we will pay the price for it in the scottish cup.the board cant hide behind the transfer embargo now,be very interested to see if they invest money into the team and buy some quality instead of wasting wages on bosman dross with no sell on value.

Depending on the cup draw we may dip into the transfer market in early January (dependant on our financial situation and if we can move people on). There may be CBs frozen out that could be tempted up north.

It infuriates me when people question the financial logic in signing players. As if Ally has a fucking club credit card sitting at the reception in Ibrox, using it whenever he feels.

Our board are under more scrutiny and pressure than ever given the recent events. While the books won't look fantastic, I have no doubt that a budget was set and that Ally is working within it.

The biggest issue here is that Zalliukas rejected us. He would immediately become our best centre-half, hands down. Why has he knocked us back, though? He's unemployed, has been in our magnificent stadium, experienced the atmosphere and everything else while with Hearts.

He will regret his decision for the rest of his life. I guarantee that.

Smith should be back up LB, i honestly cant see why we would take our best player and one of our main attacking threats in Walllace and put him at CB unless every other player who can play CB including Daly and Jig was injured all nine of them and thats highly unlikly, im not trying to give you a hard time but i cant stand players out of position.

Thats why I said worst case scenario, as in, everyone is out, which is very unlikely. Its worth noting Wallace was brought to the club it was mentioned that he can play CB. Im not a fan of playing players out of position either but Mccoist has previous for it

Thats why I said worst case scenario, as in, everyone is out, which is very unlikely. Its worth noting Wallace was brought to the club it was mentioned that he can play CB. Im not a fan of playing players out of position either but Mccoist has previous for it

Ally has never played Wallace at CB. He's never said he could play CB. That was your suggestion.

To make that statement then criticise the manager playing players "out of position" is a bit rich.

This amazes me.

We are waiting ( and arguing like fuck amongst ourselves in the meantime) to see the accounts, to see if the club is viable, to see if there IS a plan that will get us through the next year given the amount of money that has been spent, and we are looking at extra expense.

I hope to God that Ally is not spending money the club has no way of affording.

Ally doesn't sign the cheques but,of course it'll be his fault if the money men give the go-ahead for new signings,ffs!!!

Ally has never played Wallace at CB. He's never said he could play CB. That was your suggestion.

To make that statement then criticise the manager playing players "out of position" is a bit rich.

To be fair, the article on the official site does mention Wallace as cover for CB.

IMO is would be very stupid to play him there - why stifle his attacking prowess by playing him in the middle? :s

:lol: Your last sentence is quite a understatment :D