Peralta is a superb find

Boab

Playing out of position makes him abit vulnerable. However I think when he finally settles in scotland he will be a superb player for us. As for going down like his been shot, well hes played all his football in south America and thats the norm and if its a cup final against the tims and we win a penalty I dont care if hes dramatic. I think ally has done good signing him

Not just for what he brings us on the pitch, but off it too.

http://www.latribuna.hn/2013/09/29/arnold-paso-en-fiesta/

Google translate: "Finding no opponent in third division of Scotland is Glasgow Rangers, who fielded Arnold Peralta in the 8-0 win at Stenhousemuir. Peralta was on from the start, but with the party resolved coach decided to replace when he ran 81 minutes.

Rangers march leader with 21 points and the next date will face Ayr United FC."

Having our games reported on by international media will help develop our brand.

First time I've seen him play,he's certainly no winger.If Temps or Crawford had played wide today we would have had 10

If Daly (2), Little, Law had not all missed sitters plus hitting the woodwork twice we could have had 12.

Peralta, Daly and Law all seem to add a sense of urgency that was missing last season.

I see the same few are falling over themselves to try and point score like children here....."ally did this see, look"....not to burst the bubble but it was apparently via green that we discovered and got perralta and moshini came via Paul sturrock.....now even regardless of this there is no doubt we need to improve our scouting network as both ally and Mather have admitted.

I think he looks decent....in the 4-1-3-2 if he can play a bit more central and allow foster to provide the width I think we will get more out of him as I don't think he is suited to playing as a winger at the moment but to be fair his energy and effort means he does offer a good option down that side.

I see the same few are falling over themselves to try and point score like children here....."ally did this see, look"....not to burst the bubble but it was apparently via green that we discovered and got perralta and moshini came via Paul sturrock.....now even regardless of this there is no doubt we need to improve our scouting network as both ally and Mather have admitted.

Not really fair that kev. If they had come in and flopped straight away, or struggled to adapt and integrate, we all know who would have taken the stick for bringing them in...

Not really fair that kev. If they had come in and flopped straight away, or struggled to adapt and integrate, we all know who would have taken the stick for bringing them in...

I don't doubt some would use that as a stick to beat ally with mate you are right but on the flip side you can't argue your case in praise of him and his scouting when he wasn't the one who discovered either....I'm not critising him and I find the point scoring on both sides of the debate childish....however the reality is we do need to get in a proper scouting system to help us get back to the top!

I don't doubt some would use that as a stick to beat ally with mate you are right but on the flip side you can't argue your case in praise of him and his scouting when he wasn't the one who discovered either....I'm not critising him and I find the point scoring on both sides of the debate childish....however the reality is we do need to get in a proper scouting system to help us get back to the top!

If I remember correctly Ally personally flew out to Honduras to watch him, didn't he? Or sent Kenny maybe?

How do you think SAF found Ronaldo, saw him on holiday down the beach kicking a can? Nobody personally discovers players anymore. Scouting of players is a vast worldwide network that you use to the best of your ability.

Yes, we do need some investment in our own network and as far as any of us know we are setting this up now, but to give the manager no credit whatsoever for bringing in players just isn't fair.

Especially when so many have criticised the manager solely for any players brought in that haven't impressed. No one blamed the CEO etc then, they blamed the manager. Now we seem to have 'discovered' a couple of promising players it's only fair the manager gets some praise.

Well done Ally. :clap:

If I remember correctly Ally personally flew out to Honduras to watch him, didn't he? Or sent Kenny maybe?

How do you think SAF found Ronaldo, saw him on holiday down the beach kicking a can? Nobody personally discovers players anymore. Scouting of players is a vast worldwide network that you use to the best of your ability.

Yes, we do need some investment in our own network and as far as any of us know we are setting this up now, but to give the manager no credit whatsoever for bringing in players just isn't fair.

Especially when so many have criticised the manager solely for any players brought in that haven't impressed. No one blamed the CEO etc then, they blamed the manager. Now we seem to have 'discovered' a couple of promising players it's only fair the manager gets some praise.

Well done Ally. :clap:

The point is it shouldn't be a judgment on ally in relation to scouting as that's not his job....yes you can judge a manager by his signings and I give mccoist a great deal of credit for convincing these guys to sign for the club at this time but some are trying to say ally discovered moshini and perralta which is untrue.....

Actually your ferguson example is a bad one as ronaldo was discovered playing in a pre season friendly against utd....

Am I on the right forum today? Sensible comments about giving a young lad from the other side of the world time to settle in and adjust to our footballing ethics i.e. playacting not being the norm and acceptable (except in the case of the greeting Greek from the East End).