Updated Membership Group Proposal

JMorrison1872

We as season ticket holders can vote on non season ticket fans joining at a later stage. say we as season ticket holders pay £15 then they non season ticket holder pay 25 or something. But the season ticket holders decide the fate of this supporters trust no one else as I said if Greta uncle Waldo in Canada wants to donate via paypal, why should he have the same voting rights as me? does he buy his book year in year out? does he watch us at Ibrox in rain, sleet or snow? so great uncle Waldo pay say £25 per season? all of a sudden he has the same rights as me and I buy 2 books every year until the day I die? Ad I stated the season ticket holders would decide the fate. You want in the supporters association or whatever it get called then it's simple buy a season book or get entry at a later date via season ticket holders having a vote on it. But great uncle Waldo's money would be appreciated and he could be a non voting member! but we need to get something up and running? Get a few season ticket holders in and around the Glasgow area to discuss this and approach the club. We could do so much from helping buy pitch and do stadium up. But the money will never be used to buy shares.

I can appreciate where you are coming from but you are expecting non uber fans who may love the club as much as yourself to contribute for nada ? That's not going to work my friend. As it stands £15 on a season book ain't going to raise much but if you include those that can't attend matches for whatever reason then you could possibly double or treble it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you want to hear the voices of all the fans not just those who go to games, you ideally want to be tackling the issues that are stopping people from buying season tickets. Giving non season ticket holders the vote will allow us to see and adapt to any concerns making the club more accessible to all, after all the whole point is to make the club as strong as humanly possible. On a side note it would also be a bigger stick to force any boards hand with, if you have big numbers expressing their desire for a specific change it makes it harder to ignore plus would make any raising of funds easier to achieve. sorry for no paragraphs stupid site wont let me use the return button again.

Season tickets holders only to start with, one of the first thing on the agenda could be non season ticket holders joining. 25,000 adults at 15 per head would generate 250,000 and 10,000 juveniles at 5 per head would generate 50,000. That alone is 300,000 per season. that is a hell of a lot of money to put to good use and can only be good for the club.

We could have our own board and hopefully one day put our chairman on the actual board, as fans we need a representative on the board. And a s for the Rst this scheme would just eat them up, as they would be forced to join the new scheme which the club would recognize as the only voice of the fans.

if the group is for st holders only then I don't really see what the end goal is? All this would do is give places like ff more power as they have a bigger share of season ticket holders than say RM. Is the whole point not to make the club as strong as possible and to give our fractured support one voice so we can finally reach our potential? If it is only season ticket holders then it is nothing more than just another clique deciding what is best for the whole support, count me out, there is more than enough of them already. Being a season ticket holder does make you a better fan than others it just makes you luckier. What happens if you have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and have led an active part in the club but then due to ill health you have to give up your season ticket does that mean you no longer deserve a say? You cannot bring the support together by telling large parts of it you are a better fan than them. Very short sighted to say the least why swim in a small pond when you could swim in the sea?

We could have our own board and hopefully one day put our chairman on the actual board, as fans we need a representative on the board. And a s for the Rst this scheme would just eat them up, as they would be forced to join the new scheme which the club would recognize as the only voice of the fans.

how could it be the voice of the fans if only st holders have a voice?

just had a thought instead of not giving non ST holders the vote why don't we make it a points system for voting? If you are a season ticket holder your vote counts as two and if you are a non season ticket holder your vote counts as one.

Having different voting weighting has merit. It would open up the possibility of allowing those who wish to pay in a bit more over the standard amount to have an extra vote. One of the fundamentals of this is to generate more club income, so we should look at all ways of including as many people as possible, and allow them to contribute more if they wish.

if the group is for st holders only then I don't really see what the end goal is? All this would do is give places like ff more power as they have a bigger share of season ticket holders than say RM. Is the whole point not to make the club as strong as possible and to give our fractured support one voice so we can finally reach our potential? If it is only season ticket holders then it is nothing more than just another clique deciding what is best for the whole support, count me out, there is more than enough of them already. Being a season ticket holder does make you a better fan than others it just makes you luckier. What happens if you have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and have led an active part in the club but then due to ill health you have to give up your season ticket does that mean you no longer deserve a say? You cannot bring the support together by telling large parts of it you are a better fan than them. Very short sighted to say the least why swim in a small pond when you could swim in the sea?

Spot on.

Exactly my thoughts on this.

It has to include all either that it is just another splinter group.

If you have contact with them, I would be interested in discussing this proposal with then

I did register my interest way back in the Dark Days when the Admin was happening mate.

I may have a link on this site I will have a look later on mate.

Need to check my pm .

If you check their website it's still running and these guys seemed to have a start on others with this.

I know fan ownership is a different concept but they may have discussed it with others within the Club.

I am not sure though.

Speaking as a ST holder I agree. This should be open to all.

A - it will cause division

B - why limit the amount of cash coming in

Good work JM.

Agree with this. Tap into 40,000 ST holders. Or tap into other fans (200.000 at Manchester, thousands at home and abroad) plus ST holders. We shouldn't fall into the trap of discounting people who are not ST holders. That is only creating another division.

This 200,000 'fans' in Manchester line needs to be looked at objectively

The vast majority probably had never been to Ibrox for years and probably haven't been since

We need to concentrate on our core fans

because season ticket holders put their money upfront year in year out that has helped this great club over the years. Without 35,000 plus season book over the last 2 years, then as a club we would have been fucked.

the club has benefited from far more than just season ticket holders cash, we sell 10000 paper tickets per home game as well. There are plenty of fans who spend thousands a year on merchandise or on club activities but who do not own a season ticket due to work or family commitments. Having a season ticket does in no way guarantee you spend more on the club than someone without one. Would those who travel to away games not then deserve more of a say than just a season ticket holder?

the club has benefited from far more than just season ticket holders cash, we sell 10000 paper tickets per home game as well. There are plenty of fans who spend thousands a year on merchandise or on club activities but who do not own a season ticket due to work or family commitments. Having a season ticket does in no way guarantee you spend more on the club than someone without one. Would those who travel to away games not then deserve more of a say than just a season ticket holder?

Agreed. Also there are plenty of fans who can't get near a match because of work commitments but who bought shares. Limiting it to ST's is thinking distinctly small fry.

This 200,000 'fans' in Manchester line needs to be looked at objectively

The vast majority probably had never been to Ibrox for years and probably haven't been since

We need to concentrate on our core fans

The Manchester 200,000 was used as an example of how many others we could tap into. Some would - some wouldn't but to expect people without ST's to splash there cash for zilch do you think they're going to say "aye nae bother" .We should generate as much as possible. The key to this being successful IMO is inclusion not exclusion.

Speaking as a ST holder I agree. This should be open to all.

A - it will cause division

B - why limit the amount of cash coming in

Good work JM.

Nah lets limit the cash to only Season ticket holders and their kids, with 40K (I am even increasing my earlier figures for you) at £15 per year is £600K, not a bad wedge, with baby bears on £5 per year (assuming that we have say half the number) 20K @ £5 = £100K. Total £700K

However, if we pull in 10K non season ticket holders WORLDWIDE (a very achievable amount) on £10 per MONTH we get £1.2Mil to add to the £700K and we now have a £1.9Mil turnover (did you notice I have not added the worldwide baby bears to this little total?).

I see how you can feel comfortable to ignore such representation and exclude the buying power such an organisation could offer for discounts and services (The non season ticket monthly payers would be almost double your amount in income). What could the new org contribute with those funds?

Oh and uncle fecking Waldo in Canada is not buying a sodding season ticket he can't use as he wants the seat in Ibrox to be filled by someone who can attend (god forbid sing), pretty sure it is illegal to sell more ST's than you can fill so we will be capped at the season ticket limit with your model Copland. It would not be great to watch games with half the stands at Ibrox empty (like happened sometimes last season) but all the ST's purchased. Sometimes thinking is a god given right and very underused.

EDIT: GMCF not having a pop at you, highlighting your post to show a ST season ticket holder with a kind of positive understanding.