Updated Membership Group Proposal

JMorrison1872

Iang I agree with what you say. If as JM stated in the beginning that it was something to bring the fans together and with a paid membership it would have to include the club as pat of that but they fans group separate from the club in a way that they are not part of the board but are included in talks.

This would have to be part of the organisation that the fans are involved with discussions when they will be putting a vast sum of money into the club on a annual basis. If we just handed the club an amount of money then it would classed as a gift and taxed separately, so when put into the clubs a/c it would be taxed again.

With money from the fans being put into the club in the way that JM is suggesting then it would lead to more transparency of the funds when being discussed with the committee that would be need to be elected to run the group. The election could be run in one of two ways those who are interested supply an e-mail address or a postal address for the older fans who want to be involved and don't have a PC. or the club will run the election.

JM there is a lot to be done the seeds have been planted take it to fruition either get the club involved to promote it or get thousands of leaflets printed with information and where to get more information.

Good Luck hope it comes off.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JM, I posted in your other thread, and will here by your sufferance, on this topic too, I believe your pricing of the non season ticket holders is way too low in all honesty and even if a proportion of what I mentioned before (£10 per month) were used to help in enabling others to be members of the overall group, to be part of it, I would be for that (a member/supporter could have lost a job temporarily or not being able to afford just now). Maybe set up a system where the fund buys tickets for a limited number who cannot afford the game for what ever reason but have been members before (don't know just throwing that one out there). ST holders not able to attend bung them into the kitty routine and fuel the flame.

After all not all bears can afford season tickets or a certain amount a month, but £20 for a non season ticket holder per year is too low for me if you can honestly afford more and know a tenner is not that big a drain to your personal income, to those on less can be susidised by us (got to watch who to subsidise here wink, wink). We also need to have enough to make a diff to the club and hence have our voice heard.

Would be great with the kids feature but again have to remember those who cannot as a family travel to Glasgow so the b/day cards etc could be subsidised by the adult group for our amateur bears and maybe a personalised greating from a player once in a while for the big events or birthdays, what would it take a few seconds to say "happy birthday ...... hope you have a good one"?

The more I speak and write about this the more enthusiastic I get but I can possibly see it being railroaded as well hence controls at the top need to be tight, no rolling 20 year chairman memberships with secret AGM's.....

Doubt I am the only bear that wants something like this but worries about the controls.

JM, I posted in your other thread, and will here by your sufferance, on this topic too, I believe your pricing of the non season ticket holders is way too low in all honesty and even if a proportion of what I mentioned before (£10 per month) were used to help in enabling others to be members of the overall group, to be part of it, I would be for that (a member/supporter could have lost a job temporarily or not being able to afford just now). Maybe set up a system where the fund buys tickets for a limited number who cannot afford the game for what ever reason but have been members before (don't know just throwing that one out there). ST holders not able to attend bung them into the kitty routine and fuel the flame.

After all not all bears can afford season tickets or a certain amount a month, but £20 for a non season ticket holder per year is too low for me if you can honestly afford more and know a tenner is not that big a drain to your personal income, to those on less can be susidised by us (got to watch who to subsidise here wink, wink). We also need to have enough to make a diff to the club and hence have our voice heard.

Would be great with the kids feature but again have to remember those who cannot as a family travel to Glasgow so the b/day cards etc could be subsidised by the adult group for our amateur bears and maybe a personalised greating from a player once in a while for the big events or birthdays, what would it take a few seconds to say "happy birthday ...... hope you have a good one"?

The more I speak and write about this the more enthusiastic I get but I can possibly see it being railroaded as well hence controls at the top need to be tight, no rolling 20 year chairman memberships with secret AGM's.....

Doubt I am the only bear that wants something like this but worries about the controls.

This is why a co-op makes more sense. Regulators would ensure a lot if the concerns can be addressed.

If the club would agree to a co-op, them I'm sure non-season ticket holders like me would gladly join a Membership scheme. My worry over this, and I'm being pessimistic here, is that we are so fractured as a fan base at the moment, that anyone coming forward to front this on behalf of the club or the support, will be looked at suspiciously.

All I hear when talking about the club/fan relationship is blazers and spivs. Take your side........

Before we can go forward with this so far excellent idea, we need to weed out the dissenters on both sides of our current divide.

Until that happens we have no chance of moving forward.

This is why a co-op makes more sense. Regulators would ensure a lot if the concerns can be addressed.

We have fan run groups, they aren't any use.

A club&fan groupbwould help build fan-club relations as well as the club being held accountable.

You say you support this idea, this idea is to be run club & fan.

If the club would agree to a co-op, them I'm sure non-season ticket holders like me would gladly join a Membership scheme. My worry over this, and I'm being pessimistic here, is that we are so fractured as a fan base at the moment, that anyone coming forward to front this on behalf of the club or the support, will be looked at suspiciously.

All I hear when talking about the club/fan relationship is blazers and spivs. Take your side........

Before we can go forward with this so far excellent idea, we need to weed out the dissenters on both sides of our current divide.

Until that happens we have no chance of moving forward.

Again! This is why a co-op works, particularly with the support of SD

We have fan run groups, they aren't any use.

A club&fan groupbwould help build fan-club relations as well as the club being held accountable.

You say you support this idea, this idea is to be run club & fan.

Supported by the club but run by and

on behalf of the fans

RSA, assembly or association can't remember which probably because they don't a gage with fans... Was supported by the club and funded by the club. Set up by DM but has been a failure.

on behalf of the fans

RSA, assembly or association can't remember which probably because they don't a gage with fans... Was supported by the club and funded by the club. Set up by DM but has been a failure.

Agree.

The RST and RSA seem to get their knickers in a twist and many fans think it's a pissing contest now.

Then we have the other factions.

Fans are pulled from pillar to post at every opportunity, with no leadership and every one of them with a different agenda.

on behalf of the fans

RST, fan run and a total defunct organisation.

RST peddle agendas regardless of what fans want, their members either support their views or are pretty much ignored.

I really don't think your argument has substance.

RST, fan run and a total defunct organisation.

RST peddle agendas regardless of what fans want, their members either support their views or are pretty much ignored.

I really don't think your argument has substance.

Can you just tell me what you think my argument is because I am confused..

At the same time I am saying I support you. You may have missed that.

Quite happy to go on Rangers Chat on Monday to discuss this! I really do think it needs exposure now more than ever. I predicted this chaos and tried to forestall it but some feelings are entrenched within the existing groups. Happy to discuss it all!!

http://wp.me/p3XWcg-7 ... Have another read people, added a lot more to it tonight.

This is possible, let's make this idea grow.

Share this link on social media and lets get the interest building, if people that are not members of RM want some input, PM me and I shall supply then my email.

JM,

I like the fluffing out with the material bro, your doing a great job, fantastic even trying to drive this.

I know it is picky but you have to cast a wider net as mentioned in previous posts by a drunk bloke (me), you can get 40K paying top wack (£10 on top of ST's for a year ) or 100K paying £4 for the year your getting the same, but a tiered approach and those that can afford a settled monthly (not yearly settlement, I showed figures before) that will not make them miss more than one round in the bar a month would be a better solution imo. People like me will understand why I have to pay £10 a month but cannot attend games due to other commitments but still love my club enough to make sure she is looked after.

Oh and to a previous poster who suggested Numibianbear could buy a ticket if he was attending the match or not I would say two things, firstly it is an empty seat in the stands for the East side to laugh at as he uite obviously can't attend every match at home, second and most importantly the club can only sell so many season tickets for our fans and buying one when you cannot attend may deprive someone who would, pies don't eat themselves (taste aside). I hope the ones who can't make it give them up to fellow bears for the night.

As to my thoughts on the club's stance on this, they should recoignise the new group and eventually (after seeing the numbers) accept them as official fan base spokespeople and not have anything to do with any other group who "voice an opinion". In that way they will be able to control the way the club support is seen to respond to supporters opinion by having only one voice. The rest can be the ones on the edge if they will not come together as one support (harsh I know but how harsh has our infighting been?). Who would follow MD outside of the 1.5K?

biggest enemy we have just now at times is us, our board and "potential" board are doing exactly what we as supporters do, lets rip the feckers throat out.

Again! This is why a co-op works, particularly with the support of SD

RST are already part of SD Sccotland and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't want to be involved with 2 separate groups from one club. Theres nothing to stop this being set up independently of SD with the same principles of a Community Benefit Society (http://www.uk.coop/community-finance-community-benefit-society).

I was involved in my home town teams supporters club in England and, without the assistance of SD, they have representative on the board of the club. Money raised is used to provide supporters facilities and provide funds for the club for specific purposes and not just handed over for the sake of it (in the past that has included purchase of equipment and wages for a loan player amongst other things). The SC is run by supporters but the club is fully supportive whilst having no overall influence.

Whether such a thing could work when scaled up to Rangers level is debatable but I think its worth investigating as I don't believe any of the current groups fulfil the brief ( I know some don't seek to so this is not a blanket criticism). The principle of one member, one vote must always be upheld for these sort of groups (season ticket holder or not). It is also important that the members have a say in how the funds generated are used and that they should only be used for capital expenditure rather than as a supplement to running costs. There could be a mechanism where the club identifies a specific project/purchase. Some projects/purchases may be pre approved by the members (capital equipment such as groundskeeping/medical equipment up to a pre determined limit) and any other expenditure is voted on. This retains control over members money without getting too bogged down in the process.

In principle this is a great idea with huge potential but the structure needs to be carefully considered to give fans something to uite behind and benefit the one thing we all care about, Rangers.

JMorrision, It should be done through the club, It should be season ticket holders only, £15 a year per adult, 5 a year per juvenile, monies added on to season book so it saves on postage, when we pay our books every year our monies go into a supporters trust account, these monies are used to upgrade and maintain stadium, buy the pitch if possible, we elect our own fans to represent us, any share we own get used by our elected members, open a paypal account for non season ticket holders and other fans abroad who want to donate, but they do not get a vote like season ticket holders( Why would they complain? The bread and butter of the club are making the choices for them). Someone needs to approach the club with this idea, but the club have no control over it or the monies it generates. This is solely down to the season ticket holders. I do not think it is fair that a supporter who lives abroad and donates to this gets the same voting rights as me, I buy 2 books every year for that right. This way we would lock in all season ticket holders, we could discuss this if it ever happened at one of the meetings regarding non season ticket voting rights, but it would blow the rst and their members out the water, if they want to be part of it then they buy a book like the best of us, and everything is done via email to keep the cost at a minimal. I have been banging my head on about this for ages, We have to many fans groups with no real power, I want a fans group with power, we could hire a member of staff in the ticket office to deal with our stuff, And the idea of about 500k to play with every season could really help improve our fantastic stadium.

JMorrision, It should be done through the club, It should be season ticket holders only, £15 a year per adult, 5 a year per juvenile, monies added on to season book so it saves on postage, when we pay our books every year our monies go into a supporters trust account, these monies are used to upgrade and maintain stadium, buy the pitch if possible, we elect our own fans to represent us, any share we own get used by our elected members, open a paypal account for non season ticket holders and other fans abroad who want to donate, but they do not get a vote like season ticket holders( Why would they complain? The bread and butter of the club are making the choices for them). Someone needs to approach the club with this idea, but the club have no control over it or the monies it generates. This is solely down to the season ticket holders. I do not think it is fair that a supporter who lives abroad and donates to this gets the same voting rights as me, I buy 2 books every year for that right. This way we would lock in all season ticket holders, we could discuss this if it ever happened at one of the meetings regarding non season ticket voting rights, but it would blow the rst and their members out the water, if they want to be part of it then they buy a book like the best of us, and everything is done via email to keep the cost at a minimal. I have been banging my head on about this for ages, We have to many fans groups with no real power, I want a fans group with power, we could hire a member of staff in the ticket office to deal with our stuff, And the idea of about 500k to play with every season could really help improve our fantastic stadium.

Agree with every single word

If you want to get involved buy a ST

Closed shop not good.

This should be open to all Rangers Fans including those who cannot for whatever reason attend regularly.

Can only sell so many St so it's limited. The Rangers support is unlimited.

Fair point but by getting a ST you are committing your money to the ongoing functioning of the club

That ingress of funds every year allows the club to plan ahead, set budgets, buy players etc

Those people should be the ones who shape and run the new organisation and if others want to join fair enough but they shouldn't be allowed on any committee.

This is about supporters and a persons support should be judged by his commitment by purchasing a ST and his attendance at games

No disrespect to anyone who doesn't fall in to this criteria but you can see on RM that we have dozens of posters banging on daily about sacking the board and they didn't even buy shares

You gotta be in it to win it should be the motto

Fair point but by getting a ST you are committing your money to the ongoing functioning of the club

That ingress of funds every year allows the club to plan ahead, set budgets, buy players etc

Those people should be the ones who shape and run the new organisation and if others want to join fair enough but they shouldn't be allowed on any committee.

This is about supporters and a persons support should be judged by his commitment by purchasing a ST and his attendance at games

No disrespect to anyone who doesn't fall in to this criteria but you can see on RM that we have dozens of posters banging on daily about sacking the board and they didn't even buy shares

You gotta be in it to win it should be the motto

Don't dispute any of that at all.

We can agree that this should b. Open to all then?

The thing about this group is it appeals to our younger Fans with the Kids group they are the future now.

We must Unite and grow if not we just stay stale.

Anyone know what ever happened to the fan ownership model Rangers unite?

Has fan ownership passed now?

Think this thing could work.

Never going to happen.

First refusal on away European games? :lol:

Far too much spare time on your hands

Not at all, this has been put together over the course of 3 weeks.

I care about the fans being represented properly.

If you can't see any logic behind this being pushed for then I pitty you.

Don't dispute any of that at all.

We can agree that this should b. Open to all then?

The thing about this group is it appeals to our younger Fans with the Kids group they are the future now.

We must Unite and grow if not we just stay stale.

Anyone know what ever happened to the fan ownership model Rangers unite?

Has fan ownership passed now?

Think this thing could work.

If you have contact with them, I would be interested in discussing this proposal with then

Closed shop not good.

This should be open to all Rangers Fans including those who cannot for whatever reason attend regularly.

Can only sell so many St so it's limited. The Rangers support is unlimited.

Agree with this. Tap into 40,000 ST holders. Or tap into other fans (200.000 at Manchester, thousands at home and abroad) plus ST holders. We shouldn't fall into the trap of discounting people who are not ST holders. That is only creating another division.

We as season ticket holders can vote on non season ticket fans joining at a later stage. say we as season ticket holders pay £15 then they non season ticket holder pay 25 or something. But the season ticket holders decide the fate of this supporters trust no one else as I said if Greta uncle Waldo in Canada wants to donate via paypal, why should he have the same voting rights as me? does he buy his book year in year out? does he watch us at Ibrox in rain, sleet or snow? so great uncle Waldo pay say £25 per season? all of a sudden he has the same rights as me and I buy 2 books every year until the day I die? Ad I stated the season ticket holders would decide the fate. You want in the supporters association or whatever it get called then it's simple buy a season book or get entry at a later date via season ticket holders having a vote on it. But great uncle Waldo's money would be appreciated and he could be a non voting member! but we need to get something up and running? Get a few season ticket holders in and around the Glasgow area to discuss this and approach the club. We could do so much from helping buy pitch and do stadium up. But the money will never be used to buy shares.