SPFL looking to change rules on administration.

bawsburst

What a daft idea, So the think instead of giving them a -10 we should just relegate them and possibly.. cause them to fold altogether.. Who would be brought in if this happened half way through the season. and would the points other teams gained against them be taken away.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no coincidence that as soon as somebody mentions Rangers could go into admin again Doncaster and the cabal start fiddling with the rules again. I would bet this won't come into effect until next season when they can see how Hearts are doing. If Rangers aren't in admin, they will hold off on this to save Hearts again.

As for it applying to all, we have already seen that is not the case. Once they skelp us with it they will just change the rules again. Either that or do their usual and tag on "At the discretion of the SFA/SPFL" which allows them to do anything they like and claim it is a different matter.

Fortunately we ain't going into admin so it is all irrelevant as far as we are concerned and I'm sure any talk of this will vanish as soon as that becomes clear.

Biggest load of shite ive ever read, has anyone of any substance said were headed for admin, the SPFL, the tarriers and the media are in a bloody fantasy world.

So... I thought we all agreed on here that there is no chance of 'Admin 2' and yet now everyone is claiming that the reason for these possible new rules is simply to punish Rangers??? <cr>

You can't have it both ways.

Totally sick of all this constant financial and political bullshite on here (more often than not peddled by the OP, it has to be said). :redcard:

SPFL board consider relegating teams who enter administration

9 October 2013 10.39am.

• image.jpg

The SPFL board is planning changes to its rule book which could see clubs who enter administration being relegated instead of suffering points deductions.

Any such move could spell bad news for some of football’s biggest names.

Rangers have just announced losses of £14.4 million and former director Dave King warned in August that the club could be in administration by Christmas.

Ally McCoist’s side are eight points clear at the top of League One after eight games but some financial analysts have claimed they may need another cash injection to see out the season.

Hearts have no idea when they may be able to exit administration, while Kilmarnock are £9.8m in debt and suffering plummeting attendances as fans protest about the running of their club by chairman Michael Johnston.

In the last 12 years Motherwell, Hearts, Livingston (twice), Morton, Dundee (twice) and Dunfermline have slid into administration while Gretna, Clydebank, Airdrie and Rangers then were liquidated.

Prior to the SPL and Scottish League merging this summer, the two bodies had their own rules when it came to punishing clubs who failed to live within their means.

In the wake of Rangers’ demise, the SPL belatedly introduced a set penalty, which saw the offenders deducted a third of the points they had won the previous season as well as being hit by a signing embargo.

Hearts were the first club to be affected by that ruling, starting this season with -15 points after going into administration in June.

In November 2010, Dundee were handed a 25-point penalty by the SFL board, who had no limit to the sanctions they could dish out because they had failed to live within their means for the second time in a decade.

Now the league bodies have merged, the SPFL board — chief executive Neil Doncaster, Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Eric Riley (Celtic), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Bill Darroch &#8232;(Stenhousemuir) — are updating the rules for the new organisation.

“That’s where the prospect of relegation comes in,” said a well-placed Hampden source.

“In the past, the SPL’s hands were tied when it came to punishing clubs which had suffered an insolvency event because they had authority over just the 12 members.

“Consequently, they couldn’t impose a relegated club on the SFL. Now, though, there is the opportunity to provide a 42-club solution and relegation is a punishment which has been discussed.”

http://tinyurl.com/spfl-rule-changes-proposed

I've yet to see a financial analyst tell us we'll run out of money before the end of the season. So that's a lie.

What do u mean 'don't own their stadium'? Who does?

The Co-Op owns their midden, at least until they pay off the morgages they have on it.

At the moment, I believe they are only paying interest on the debt, and still have the whole loan outstanding. They have to have paid it off by 2018 iirc.

So... I thought we all agreed on here that there is no chance of 'Admin 2' and yet now everyone is claiming that the reason for these possible new rules is simply to punish Rangers??? <cr>

You can't have it both ways.

Totally sick of all this constant financial and political bullshite on here (more often than not peddled by the OP, it has to be said). :redcard:

What we know and what they think (off the back of seeing us lose 14 million in a year) are two different things tho

I've yet to see a financial analyst tell us we'll run out of money before the end of the season. So that's a lie.

You know that I know that and they know that we know that they know that, but the rebs don't want anyone to know that everyone knows that we all know that. (tu)

Originally written by Ewing Grahame at the Express

http://www.express.c... Football Feed)

My initial reaction when I read it this morning that he was at the wind-up due to the deliberate inaccuracies in the piece regarding our "liquidation"

ewing grahame is the perfect vehicle for what is possibly another load of scaremongering pish after all he another fanbhoy with a keyboard ! (tu):sherlock:

PS - 25,000 NOT OUT !

As long as it's one rule for everyone then I don't see an issue.

It would certainly dissuade the people in charge of Scottish football clubs from being reckless again in the future.

It has ALWAYS been ONE RULE.

ONE RULE for Rangers and ONE RULE, with less stringent penalties, for everyone else.

The Co-Op owns their midden, at least until they pay off the morgages they have on it.

At the moment, I believe they are only paying interest on the debt, and still have the whole loan outstanding. They have to have paid it off by 2018 iirc.

Having a mortgage on something does not mean u don't own it. They would only not own it if the started to default in payments and it was repossessed!

What a daft idea, So the think instead of giving them a -10 we should just relegate them and possibly.. cause them to fold altogether.. Who would be brought in if this happened half way through the season. and would the points other teams gained against them be taken away.

if they operate the same as lower leagues then yes all points won or lost by that club are wiped out. it has happened in the last week to I think it was hitching who went bust. and it has happened to many non league clubs who have folded for many reasons. results are just wiped clean.

It's a stupid idea that will never see the light of day far too many variables.

- What happens if Hearts finish bottom of the prem this season but are still in admin at the start of Championship season as well? Are they relegated Two divisions or one?

- What happens if the spfl prem has 3 maybe 4 teams in Administration in one season do they relegate all of these teams in one go?

- When would relegation take place? if a club goes into admin in January but they manage to get a cva in April are they still relegated?

No wonder Scottish football is fecked with guys from Alloa and Stenny telling clubs like Rangers what the rules are?

Would Man utd be dictated to by the likes of Tamworth in England as that's what we seem to have in Scotland.

Sooner we get someone on that SPFL board to fight our corner the better.

I think more info is needed.

Is it relagated down one league?

Is it relagated to the bottom of the current league and is it immediate when the event occurs?

That's what I'm intrigued by. I mean if it is announced half way through a season that someone has been relegated their players have nothing to fight for immediately altering the complexion of the games in the league for all other clubs. Or do they just award everyone a 3-0 win. Def need more info

It's a stupid idea that will never see the light of day far too many variables.

- What happens if Hearts finish bottom of the prem this season but are still in admin at the start of Championship season as well? Are they relegated Two divisions or one?

- What happens if the spfl prem has 3 maybe 4 teams in Administration in one season do they relegate all of these teams in one go?

- When would relegation take place? if a club goes into admin in January but they manage to get a cva in April are they still relegated?

No wonder Scottish football is fecked with guys from Alloa and Stenny telling clubs like Rangers what the rules are?

Would Man utd be dictated to by the likes of Tamworth in England as that's what we seem to have in Scotland.

Sooner we get someone on that SPFL board to fight our corner the better.

Spot on mate, was thinking exactly the same. Farsical idea.