Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Buzzing for RE8 next year. 

What did you think of 7 if you've played it? 

I haven’t played it mate. I’m not a big fan of first person shooters so I’ve never really been that interested in it. Is it worth playing? Apparently 8 is going to be FPS too :anguish:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I haven’t played it mate. I’m not a big fan of first person shooters so I’ve never really been that interested in it. Is it worth playing? Apparently 8 is going to be FPS too :anguish:

It’s incredible. Saying that, I’m not someone who played RE back in the day, but as far as horror games go, I’m big in the genre, and RE7 might top the list for me.

Love it.

I played TLOU2 and then Resident Evil 2 right off the back of it so I’m thinking to move away from survival horror for a bit. I have God of War & Injsutice 2 to play so I might play one of them for a change of scenery and then go back to RE3. I was bad enough worrying about Mr X so the throughly of Nemesis is giving me the fear :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You play RE3 at all?

End boss fight on hardcore or Nightmare is a killer.

I find myself pretty good at RE games but dodging perfectly is pretty hard. 

I picked it up a few weeks ago bug haven’t played it yet. Might just smash through it soon though because it’s quite a short game isn’t it? 

I’m on 3 day weeks from now until Christmas because I had annual leave to use up and then we are off work for a fortnight so I’m going to have plenty of time on my hands to game until the new year :lol:

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

RE7 is superb, the first half of the game is brilliant but tapes off a wee bit after that, still worth a play through as it'll be duck cheap now. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I played TLOU2 and then Resident Evil 2 right off the back of it so I’m thinking to move away from survival horror for a bit. I have God of War & Injsutice 2 to play so I might play one of them for a change of scenery and then go back to RE3. I was bad enough worrying about Mr X so the throughly of Nemesis is giving me the fear :lol:

God of War is different gravy, easily one of the best games of last gen. 

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

RE7 is superb, the first half of the game is brilliant but tapes off a wee bit after that, still worth a play through as it'll be duck cheap now. 

My thoughts in a nutshell. Might have made my top 10 or even 5 of all time, but it felt almost like two different games.

The DLC is all great too though as well, it’s packed with content. I’m going to get Village purely based on the love I have for 7.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

must be shite, is my way of thinking.

It's fine, playable but it doesnt tear up any trees. I wouldn't say it's worth a penny over 15 quid though. 

The intro is the highlight of the main story. The recruiting any character mechanic is pretty cool, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The mission design is where it really falls down... After 15 hours it's super, super repetitive and alot of the interactions are actually recycled throughout.

Glad I played it on Uplay+

Had a full on rage quit playing RE2 after work. Obviously to get S+ on hardcore you can’t save more than three times and you have to do it sub 2:30. I used my first save before the first Birkin fight and my second one before I tackled the sewers because I wasn’t overly confident with them. Got through them, the second Birkin fight and most of NEST (including the lickers) with my plan to do my final save before the final Birkin fight and Super Tyrant but I fucked it in the room with the Ivy’s and Mr. I used my sub weapon because I got caught and I forgot to take a second one out the box and ran straight into another ivy. Actually fucking raging at myself because that is one bit I never expected to die at :lol:

On 23/11/2020 at 01:18, BridgeIsBlue said:

the latest god of war showed how a game can still blow my mind. a masterpiece in gaming and storytelling.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Had a full on rage quit playing RE2 after work. Obviously to get S+ on hardcore you can’t save more than three times and you have to do it sub 2:30. I used my first save before the first Birkin fight and my second one before I tackled the sewers because I wasn’t overly confident with them. Got through them, the second Birkin fight and most of NEST (including the lickers) with my plan to do my final save before the final Birkin fight and Super Tyrant but I fucked it in the room with the Ivy’s and Mr. I used my sub weapon because I got caught and I forgot to take a second one out the box and ran straight into another ivy. Actually fucking raging at myself because that is one bit I never expected to die at :lol:

smashing resident evil 2 in super fast times was so much fun. and because you could not just save it to get the top rank it added that extra element of fear into the game.

Hate how the games went after the third one. the first one and the second one are iconic titles.

Just finished miles morales tonight, got the new game+ and a few other trophies to get for the plat, 

Just like the other spidey game it was a cracking game, defo not as long, the side missions stretch it out but they also break up the main quest so no part of the game ever feels forced or a chore

Miles is vastly better at fighting than org spidey due to his venom powers, he has way less gadgets and mods though, and like previous game the fighting is so fluid, you can move, slip, slide, zip and flow so easily between enemies, 

The best part of the game however is the setting, new york is utterly gorgeous, set in the winter, its just so amazing to look at, the citizens, the building, the traffic, the trains, everything makes you feel like the city is alive

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just finished miles morales tonight, got the new game+ and a few other trophies to get for the plat, 

Just like the other spidey game it was a cracking game, defo not as long, the side missions stretch it out but they also break up the main quest so no part of the game ever feels forced or a chore

Miles is vastly better at fighting than org spidey due to his venom powers, he has way less gadgets and mods though, and like previous game the fighting is so fluid, you can move, slip, slide, zip and flow so easily between enemies, 

The best part of the game however is the setting, new york is utterly gorgeous, set in the winter, its just so amazing to look at, the citizens, the building, the traffic, the trains, everything makes you feel like the city is alive

You wrote all of this and didn't even bother to mention Spider-Cat. For shame.

20 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Is Watch Dogs decent games? See the 2nd one is only 12 quid on the ps store..I only played the first for about 5 mins at a mates house. Not sure whether to play that or try the Resident Evil 3 remake..

They can be quite repetitive, drive here. hack something, solve a little puzzle and then leave.

Watch Dogs 1, was okay, but the lead character was a bit of wet wipe and a lot of people are still bitter about being lied to. Car handling is pretty shitty too and there's not much variety.

Watch Dogs 2 was a lot better. They fixed a lot of the problems with 1, whilst fundamentally it's still go here and hack this, you do get a choice on how to approach missions. There's also a lot more gadgets and customization to play around with. Starting gang fights and calling the cops on random NPC's is pretty amusing. Unfortunately a lot of people were stung with WD1 and never bothered to give it a shot. I'd definitely say its worth a bash for 12 quid.

Watch Dogs 3 whilst pretty to look at, is a massive backwards step.

Playing Valhalla, fairly immersive. Not one for Viking stuff really but it’s holding my attention anyway for the meantime. Seen it’s about 60-90 hours as you have to conquer 16 areas, will be at it well into the new year. Nice graphics on the 4K/HDR. Easy combat and Witcher-esce sailing/dialogue. I’ll hopefully take a chunk out of this before Cyberpunk on the 10th.

8 hours ago, CR3 said:

Playing Valhalla, fairly immersive. Not one for Viking stuff really but it’s holding my attention anyway for the meantime. Seen it’s about 60-90 hours as you have to conquer 16 areas, will be at it well into the new year. Nice graphics on the 4K/HDR. Easy combat and Witcher-esce sailing/dialogue. I’ll hopefully take a chunk out of this before Cyberpunk on the 10th.

I canned it because I can't be fucked with all the sailing and dialogue that you can't skip until you unlock the fast travel. Just don't have the time anymore sadly. 

That, and, I went up to the caves and got my arse handed to me by the old guy wanting a valiant death because it was still too early in the game and I hadn't really developed my character at all :lol:. Prick

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I canned it because I can't be fucked with all the sailing and dialogue that you can't skip until you unlock the fast travel. Just don't have the time anymore sadly. 

That, and, I went up to the caves and got my arse handed to me by the old guy wanting a valiant death because it was still too early in the game and I hadn't really developed my character at all :lol:. Prick

is the sailing long every time then?
Was hoping ‘Fast travel’ was going to be a thing soon. I’ve basically done one area and the shit with your brother where you get the hidden blade to assassinate.