Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

37 minutes ago, CR3 said:

is the sailing long every time then?
Was hoping ‘Fast travel’ was going to be a thing soon. I’ve basically done one area and the shit with your brother where you get the hidden blade to assassinate. 

Sailing isn't as important when you get to England. You still will from time to time, but most of it will either be on foot or horse.

5 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Sailing isn't as important when you get to England. You still will from time to time, but most of it will either be on foot or horse.

My mate said it gets better at that point and opens fast travel 👍🏻

Just finished Wolfenstein The Old Blood, thought it was decent so picked up the other games.

The second one is meant to be amazing so looking forward to getting that.

Was going to pick up Cold War as well but still seems to be having an issue with crashing on the Series X so hanging off.

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

Was going to pick up Cold War as well but still seems to be having an issue with crashing on the Series X so hanging off.

Cutscenes and menus are buggy on a current-gen (X) with the non-optimised version for me but I just deal with it, my mate’s game switches his Series S off on the optimised version:lol: Modern Warfare actually done that to my X. Think it was some sort of coding issue with parties and the dashboard.

Fast travel in games is overrated (tenuous link).

Just finished Death Stranding after about 4 weeks of playing and while technically there is fast travel in the game, the main gameplay element consists of how you actually get from point A to point B.

I'm aware I'm a wee bit late to the party with this game (came out a year later on PC) but for those who played it what did you think? Did you complete it because it was definitey a marathon?

I'm still trying to make my mind up about it. In terms of gameplay it was different. For the most part it wasn't fun in a traditional sense but I'm glad I played it and I did enjoy it however I definitely won't be replaying it. There are a few fun gameplay elements there but for me the story, and more importantly trying to work out the story, while enduring the difficulty of travelling from point A to point B (there's that tenuous link again) is what made the game stand out.

For a Kojima game the story was expectedly complex but actually made sense in the end (while still very fucked up). Probably helps that it is single game without a ton of lore to go over through many games. Yes looking at you MGS.

Speaking of MGS. I haven't played the entire series but MGSV The Phantom Pain is easily in my top 5 games of all time. While Death Stranding is a masterpiece in its own right and the story and the connections to the characters will stay with me for a long time, ultimately it just didn't have enough fun in it's core gameplay to categorise it with some of the elite games.

Forgot to mention - graphics with DLSS are unreal as are the character models, especially Sam played by Norman Reedus.

On 23/11/2020 at 01:18, BridgeIsBlue said:

RE7 is superb, the first half of the game is brilliant but tapes off a wee bit after that, still worth a play through as it'll be duck cheap now. 

God of War is different gravy, easily one of the best games of last gen. 

RE7 was incredible. I'm a big RE franchise fan and they had died off for a few years then this came out and was class. Genuinely "fuck me" terrifying as well at points. Totally agree it went strange after the mansion a wee bit.

Always wanted to get into GOW but hate starting something halfway through and the original gameplay seems a wee bit too dated for me to try now.

Currently in a 3 day binge into fallout 4.

On 02/12/2020 at 01:18, Jamie0202 said:

Fast travel in games is overrated (tenuous link).

Just finished Death Stranding after about 4 weeks of playing and while technically there is fast travel in the game, the main gameplay element consists of how you actually get from point A to point B.

I'm aware I'm a wee bit late to the party with this game (came out a year later on PC) but for those who played it what did you think? Did you complete it because it was definitey a marathon?

I'm still trying to make my mind up about it. In terms of gameplay it was different. For the most part it wasn't fun in a traditional sense but I'm glad I played it and I did enjoy it however I definitely won't be replaying it. There are a few fun gameplay elements there but for me the story, and more importantly trying to work out the story, while enduring the difficulty of travelling from point A to point B (there's that tenuous link again) is what made the game stand out.

For a Kojima game the story was expectedly complex but actually made sense in the end (while still very fucked up). Probably helps that it is single game without a ton of lore to go over through many games. Yes looking at you MGS.

Speaking of MGS. I haven't played the entire series but MGSV The Phantom Pain is easily in my top 5 games of all time. While Death Stranding is a masterpiece in its own right and the story and the connections to the characters will stay with me for a long time, ultimately it just didn't have enough fun in it's core gameplay to categorise it with some of the elite games.

Forgot to mention - graphics with DLSS are unreal as are the character models, especially Sam played by Norman Reedus.

Loved it, MGS2 was the first game I ever really fell in love with and I've played most things Kojima has brought out since (wasn't a fan of Zone of the Enders). DS was a masterpiece IMO. The story, characters and gameplay was outlandish but sort of grounded as you would expect - I've replayed it now twice, probably not one I'll go back to for a while but it's definitely in my top 10 in terms of the effect it had. Can't wait to see what the crazy cunt gets up to next.

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Anyone getting Cyberpunk?

Got a feeling this could be one of the games of century. Stoked for it.

I've got it on delivery this week - not too sure about it. I've never been a fan of the FPS genre -  and while I know this is a bit more complex than that, I've not done too much research on it myself.

Have to say though, I went into the Witcher completely blind so I'm quietly optimistic.

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Anyone getting Cyberpunk?

Got a feeling this could be one of the games of century. Stoked for it.

Oh aye👍🏻 Hope it’s a Wednesday at midnight launch compared to 5/6pm on Thursday to appease Americans as that’s when the Lech Poznań game kicks off and I don’t want my first experience of the game to be drunk or hungover.😂

14 hours ago, CR3 said:

Oh aye👍🏻 Hope it’s a Wednesday at midnight launch compared to 5/6pm on Thursday to appease Americans as that’s when the Lech Poznań game kicks off and I don’t want my first experience of the game to be drunk or hungover.😂

It's midnight in all time zones AFAIK except on PC where it is midnight GMT accross the globe.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Good to know what you all think of cyberpunk, considering buying it

I'm a fence sitter too. I loved the Witcher 2, liked the Witcher 3... But I've never jumped on the cdprojekt band wagon, so I wasn't buying into the cyberpunk hype.

Admittedly i've not played it, but it seems to be getting a very mixed response so far, mainly on consoles. Buggy with poor performance seems to be the biggest criticism at the moment. Apparently it's running between 720p - 900p on the Xbox and PS4 with significant frame drops. 

The main story and the size of the game, particularly the sheer amount of things to do is getting praised, but it seems to be a jack of all trades, master of none. 

Doesn't sound like its a game to rush out and buy, I'll wait for a discount and afew patches.

Only been playing Cyberpunk for a few hours. Story and gameplay are good but the game looks and runs terribly on the PS4. Characters and vehicles randomly appearing and disappearing etc. There's also a weird thing when a character moves and the pixels lag behind giving them a phasing effect. 

When you're in the streets of Night City it's not getting above 15 to 20 fps. The game simply isn't made for the PS4, borderline unplayable.

Was buzzing for Cyberpunk but I'm not going out and buying a new console just to play it, hopefully they fix the quality of life issues with patches soon. Probably end up waiting until I get a PS5 to play it, might as well finish Witcher 3 in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Mols94 said:

Only been playing Cyberpunk for a few hours. Story and gameplay are good but the game looks and runs terribly on the PS4. Characters and vehicles randomly appearing and disappearing etc. There's also a weird thing when a character moves and the pixels lag behind giving them a phasing effect. 

When you're in the streets of Night City it's not getting above 15 to 20 fps. The game simply isn't made for the PS4, borderline unplayable.

CD Project Red have a history of really good support for games way after a game releases. They'll definitely sort it out with future patches. Expect a visual downgrade though but worth it IMO for a better frame rate.

I've been a massive fan of them since the very first Witcher game where they really listened to fans of the game and implemented fans changes with an enhanced edition which was free to purchasers of the original game.

@Brian Fantana  as much as it’s got some bugs to be expected in such a detailed game and big release, I’ve put in 6 hours and can say it’s comfortably on course to being a generational title as long as it’s maintained and kept well through its own road map. 

You’d need to be playing on at least an X on Xbox, could only guess a PS4 Pro on the other side but haven’t seen performance,

anyone playing on a machine from two generations ago (circa 2014 consoles ... shouldn’t be allowed to quite frankly.:lol: