Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

September 

Wasn’t a fan of Dishonoured and didn’t play Prey so I’m not expecting I’ll like it much as it’s Arkane studios. 

When it comes to Bethesda I’m all in on the Fallout/Skyrim games more or less.

Dishonoured is good I thought Prey was OK give it a play since it's available mate. 

I love the Fallout series my girlfriend prefers the Elder Scrolls though the first she played was Skyrim. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Does anyone know how I can get a hold.of a playable version of Hideo Kojimas P.T? 

A PC version is fine?

The original demo was only ever on PS4 so the only options you have to play it are to pay silly money for a pre-owned PS4 with PT already installed or alternatively you can download the unofficial fan-made remake for PC which is meant to be decent. You should be able to find a link to download that on Google no problem. 

5 hours ago, EMRFC said:

Just completed The Last of Us, wow amazing game can’t believe it took me this long to play it. Part 2 is currently downloading as I type this.

I couldn't get into it at all, seemed way too slow so gave up, same with days gone as well. Tbf I found quite a few of these Sony killer exclusives the same, horizon zero dawn was another that got amazing reviews but was basically a other generic 3ps action adventure. 

The latest god of war was different class tho and ghosts of tshusima while looked amazing was basically a Japanese version of assassins creed and got really repetitive and boring towards the end, even miles morales felt nothing more than a story expansion to spiderman. 

Really enjoyed rift apart tho as that just played and felt different to everything else Sony seems to throw out. 

Despite playstation being THE console for exclusives can't see anything that really excites me the way horizon 5 and halo Infinite does. Sure GT7 is due but no one knows when and after the GT sport I don't hold hope that it can even rival forza motorsport. 

Starting to regret getting the ps5 over the series x now given the lack of availability of both consoles and almost every other game of note is multi plat 

On 31/08/2021 at 22:21, rabc10000 said:

I couldn't get into it at all, seemed way too slow so gave up, same with days gone as well. Tbf I found quite a few of these Sony killer exclusives the same, horizon zero dawn was another that got amazing reviews but was basically a other generic 3ps action adventure. 

The latest god of war was different class tho and ghosts of tshusima while looked amazing was basically a Japanese version of assassins creed and got really repetitive and boring towards the end, even miles morales felt nothing more than a story expansion to spiderman. 

Really enjoyed rift apart tho as that just played and felt different to everything else Sony seems to throw out. 

Despite playstation being THE console for exclusives can't see anything that really excites me the way horizon 5 and halo Infinite does. Sure GT7 is due but no one knows when and after the GT sport I don't hold hope that it can even rival forza motorsport. 

Starting to regret getting the ps5 over the series x now given the lack of availability of both consoles and almost every other game of note is multi plat 

I’ve now finished both Last of Us games and genuinely think it’s the best series I’ve ever played

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

I’ve now finished both Last of Us games and genuinely think it’s the best series I’ve ever played

Go and play tales of berseria while while it's only 7 quid on psn and tell me if u still feel the same. 

I'm sure you won't be disappointed at all

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's your opinion on the story in #2? 

The story is excellent, despite the fact it will have most people on the verge of tears, if not actually crying. Obviously went into #2 seeing everything from the perspective of Ellie and Joel so getting to hear and see Abbys perspective was definitely interesting. Still though, for me the real disappointment was not getting to play as Joel for more than 5 minutes and instead having to play as Abby. Also, idk what the director was going for but were we supposed to feel sympathy for Abby, Owen,   and Mel? Because tbh I just wanted Ellie and Joel to kill them all. But still tho I do think the story is amazing, while also being probably the saddest and most depressing game I’ve played.

Gameplay in Part 2 is better but I prefer Part 1s story purely because it’s much more triumphant.

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

The story is excellent, despite the fact it will have most people on the verge of tears, if not actually crying. Obviously went into #2 seeing everything from the perspective of Ellie and Joel so getting to hear and see Abbys perspective was definitely interesting. Still though, for me the real disappointment was not getting to play as Joel for more than 5 minutes and instead having to play as Abby. Also, idk what the director was going for but were we supposed to feel sympathy for Abby, Owen,   and Mel? Because tbh I just wanted Ellie and Joel to kill them all. But still tho I do think the story is amazing, while also being probably the saddest and most depressing game I’ve played.

Gameplay in Part 2 is better but I prefer Part 1s story purely because it’s much more triumphant.

Personally hated the story, always will. 

Killed the series for me tbh. 

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

I loved Part 2 but I understand why it was divisive too.