We are getting it wrong

Maybe he would, if so many weren't calling for him to be sacked if the youngsters under perform and we drop some points.

Ive never once heard calls at a game for Allys head, if you mean the forum loyal nobody listens to us (pretty good thing really) apart from Imran and Toxic Jack of course.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You brought up Hearts.....who remain rock bottom...they've maybe gained a point on Killie?

They would be second bottom without the deduction.

I'm fairly certain they've got beaten by every lower league team they've played.

If that's an example....you're on a shoogly peg.

I didnt bring up Hearts - someone else did - I just pointed out they are playing a higher standard of opposition every week than we are. Furthermore they have being forced into playing youngsters who are clearly not ready to cut it at that level.

Thats different from finding a right balance with the emphasis on developing young players as a nucleus for the future.

To provide back up at part time level?

Believe me I gave the likes of Kal Naismith plenty of stick as well but I can't quite agree with that.

Naismith and his wee fucking rat pal are everything that's wrong at the club and with the level of youth coming thorugh

I didnt bring up Hearts - someone else did - I just pointed out they are playing a higher standard of opposition every week than we are. Furthermore they have being forced into playing youngsters who are clearly not ready to cut it at that level.

Thats different from finding a right balance with the emphasis on developing young players as a nucleus for the future.

I disgaree but I guess we'll find out next season.

When we crush them for the title you can buy me a cider and black.

STB he never threw cash at it, he was allocated a budget and I don't know if he spent it all but the CEO gave him it and backed him.

Ally and Mather deserve credit for what they delivered IMO

I think he did to an extent tbh mate, again considering the level we're at (i know I'm like a broken record mentioning this). I like some of what was delivered, some i just don't think was necessary especially if we can't really afford it.

Ally will spend what he's given and he can't be blamed for that, but he at least put some pressure on where signing players was concerned, sounds like that was partly why he and Green stopped getting on.

So?

Have you actually seen their results?

They've won 2 cup games.....taken a hiding in the league and are certs to be relegated.

Even without their deduction they'd be second bottom.

Some team eh?

I've seen their results.

You said they got beat off any lower league club they've met :doh:

They're playing just now with virtually an under 21 team and won at pittodrie and beat Hibs twice.

Could our under 21's get results like that?

I'm not denying that but the op specifically named McKay and aird, I don't believe these two will ever make it

Thats what we should be finding out now when the pressures off, i know Forfar and Brechin are not CL type games and we will only find out how they cope in the spl or Europe when we get their but i believe they stand a much better chance if they have a couple of seasons of first team football under their belts and have learned the mentality of being a Rangers player which everybody accepts is a vital part of making it at Ibrox.

I've seen their results.

You said they got beat off any lower league club they've met :doh:

They're playing just now with virtually an under 21 team and won at pittodrie and beat Hibs twice.

TBf Aberdeen went down to 10 men and macdonald produced one of the best goalkeeping displays I've seen In a long time against hibs

Macleod is the rule, not the exception. If they are good enough, and possess the attitude and desire to improve, they will play.

but as support we still have to develop the patience to see the hiccups such as Forfar as part of the learning curve rather than an unmitigated disaster - if we are to genuinely allow youth to flourish

Spot on.

Until the majority of the support will accept failures and embarrassments to allow young players the learning curve it's pointless criticising the management on this subject.

Ive never once heard calls at a game for Allys head, if you mean the forum loyal nobody listens to us (pretty good thing really) apart from Imran and Toxic Jack of course.

It's just one of those things you hear on the interweb from supposed bears but rarely if ever hear from people at games - ie from people who are bears.

Like disliking loyalist songs etc

I've seen their results.

You said they got beat off any lower league club they've met

They've 4 players over 21.

And to answer your point....yes, I think our under 21's would be equally as shite. (tu)

Hertz, Dundee United etc have young lads performing and performing well in the top league. Macleod apart our youths aren't good enough to get a game in second division.

Until we get rid of Sinclair and install a new ethos at youth level, we'll always be behind these teams in terms of producing talent.