Rangers hire a new moneyman?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all we know this guy is on a commision for any sponsorship, or investment he can bring in.

If he is being brought in to focus on securing investment, then that can only be a good thing for Rangers yes?

None of us know exactly why he is here, or what wage he is on, so lets not go nuts yet :lol:

For all we know this guy is on a commision for any sponsorship, or investment he can bring in.

If he is being brought in to focus on securing investment, then that can only be a good thing for Rangers yes?

None of us know exactly why he is here, or what wage he is on, so lets not go nuts yet :lol:

Gogzy, thought the guy from Laxey was brought in for that, investments?

Why do we need to bring in another outsider on a substantial wage to point out the obvious and help us cut costs? At the rate were going we'll end up with more consultants than actual playing staff ffs

you know what his wage will be aye?

I knew some fans would go on a rant about money etc. but I actually think this is clever. We need investment, badly, but this might also be a blinding move by the investors to bed a new finance guru in, before seeing BS out the door.

I knew some fans would go on a rant about money etc. but I actually think this is clever. We need investment, badly, but this might also be a blinding move by the investors to bed a new finance guru in, before seeing BS out the door.

Kinda thinking that myself, maybe Wallace now knows BS is not up for the job, and thats why he has brought in new guy...

Ps, Though, my Boardroom thoughts would say, Stockbridge is The Man, and not movable.

No, but unless its voluntary work it'll be too much. We could pluck any punter off the street and they could just as easily let the board know how to save money.

Step 1: Cut their own salaries.

You think that "someone off the street" would do a better job than a guy that has spent 5 years at Liverpool, and 7 years at Arsenal?

Kinda thinking that myself, maybe Wallace now knows BS is not up for the job, and thats why he has brought in new guy...

Ps, Though, my Boardroom thoughts would say, Stockbridge is The Man, and not movable.

Yes, I tend to agree to an extent. How else can we explain how he is still there and survived an AGM vote of confidence?

You think that "someone off the street" would do a better job than a guy that has spent 5 years at Liverpool, and 7 years at Arsenal?

Obviously an exaggeration, but the point is I dont think its a worthwhile appointment or value for money (assuming he's on comprable wages to other board members) The board should (in theory) have clear idea of how to bring down costs and look at alternative sources of revenue. This guy was lauded for getting Liverpool their Standard Charter sponsership, but I think expecting us to get the same is pie in the sky at the present time.

I personally see this as a good appointment, due to his somewhat successful past with Arsenal & Liverpool.

Although i do not see the reason behind having a few people overseeing the cost cutting, unless he will be the person trying to broker new commercial deals, I don't remember anyone being appointed in that capacity since Imran left & to possibly inject a different outlook on some decisions being made between Stockbridge & Wallace.

But it does come down to what his duties will be going forward...

Which like others have said above no-one truly knows due to the Club not mentioning it in any official capacity apart from a source at the moment. I also doubt a consultant to the board would be on a hefty wage.

I get the feeling he's in to look at the commercial operation and sponsorship.It seems to be a strength of his.If he can help us squeeze the most out of this side of things he'll be value for money.

I doubt even he could generate a million shirt sales and bring in £33 million though!!