The English Irishman interviews Wallace.

bawsburst

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW: Panic? I’m not sure I would call it panic. If you look at a football club you have to have a sense of what the next five years look like and then you plan accordingly. You don’t plan for 12 months in isolation. One of the things I have found is that the focus has (previously) been in the near-term. There’s been areas of expenditure where money has been spent and shouldn’t have been and other areas where we should have been spending and didn’t.

The classic one was scouting and recruitment. At a time when this club needs to be identifying and scouting talent and acquiring talent at attractive levels our scouting and recruitment was largely dismantled. A small example of short-termism.

does this mean the "everything's all right brigade" on here were wrong ?...surely not !

I will wait for the accounts to be published, the sponsorship deals to kick in........well we can always sell Wallace if we have to....or Auchenhowie

No it means the 'we're all doomed' to Admin 2 were wrong. All bills being paid and enough money to ensure this continues hardly seems to be a negative whichever way you want to spin things. I don't know anyone who thinks that we are not needing a proper plan and a restructuring to enable the club to reach stability in the long term. With GW at the helm I'm of a mind to think that 'every little things gonna be alright'. Just let the man continue with the job he has started.

"This is a business that was living beyond its means with a cost-base out of proportion with its ability to generate income. And even when you factor out some of the one-off costs that were in the last financial year we still have a business where the costs have not been managed in the way they should have been."

A more damning indictment of Green & Co's pocket-lining madness I've yet to read.

Fine words from Wallace - we'll see how it pans out with him at the helm soon enough.

GW: Panic? I’m not sure I would call it panic. If you look at a football club you have to have a sense of what the next five years look like and then you plan accordingly. You don’t plan for 12 months in isolation. One of the things I have found is that the focus has (previously) been in the near-term. There’s been areas of expenditure where money has been spent and shouldn’t have been and other areas where we should have been spending and didn’t.

The classic one was scouting and recruitment. At a time when this club needs to be identifying and scouting talent and acquiring talent at attractive levels our scouting and recruitment was largely dismantled. A small example of short-termism.

does this mean the "everything's all right brigade" on here were wrong ?...surely not !

I will wait for the accounts to be published, the sponsorship deals to kick in........well we can always sell Wallace if we have to....or Auchenhowie

or you could look at the point where he say's he is confident there will be enough cash in April for us to maintain our operations, which would indicate "everything is alright brigade" were right, but hey why look on the positives of a good interview

Some very bad questions like "Are you up to date with tax payments?" , the questioning about Lee Wallace and are you going bust, basically.

There were mainly good questions, but there were those which displayed his agenda for scaremongering about our Club. He wouldn't ask other clubs such questions. He wouldn't even consider asking them of another certain CEO.

So true Oleg, this reptile must be watched carefully,as with them all.

The way our top brass are treated by these wretches is deplorable.

GW sorted him though, and proved he is no pushover.

One by one, he will hopefully break the circle of doubt and move us onwards and upwards. :7325:

Why does our CEO fill me with a bit of confidence ? I just hope the several million in savings is across the entire organisation and not mostly borne by the playing squad,with proper coaching this squad will get us to the premiership .... grow together,no need to buy imo.

Deary me even by your rebs low standards that is some invention.

deary me

deary me

I just read that all the way through, and excuse my ignorance, but can you point out the part where he says the whole thing was set up for short term gain.

Can you also point me to the articles or statements with Ally turning down 800 grand a year and penny shares please.

In the interest of fairness and rooting out the chancers at the club, of course.

(tu)