Failing to secure promotion next year - could it be worth it?

Frank Reynolds

I never said it's all his fault did I?

You however said he was blameless which is utter shite considering he blew a substantial lead pre administration. Not to mention his cup and European exploits which were an utter embarrassment. His poor management cost us the lead which was a 15 point one.

His failures at this club heavily outweigh his successes in his time as manager.

So you can't name a club or gaffer that's won a league while in Admin but have a go at Ally for doing something that no other club or manager in world football has done?

It really means nothing that Ally lost a 15 point lead Rangers were never going to win the league under any circumstances.

As for the European games think Whittaker was far more to blame for that than Ally, hows it Allys fault if that bawbag gets himself sent off and sells the jerseys in both games?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then name me a club that's EVER won a league title while being in administration?

If you can name one club in the entire world that's done that then i will accept it's Allys fault?

Meantime in the real world expecting a club that was in utter turmoil to win the league is just stupid.

Rather than snipping from the sidelines please inform me who you would bring in as gaffer and how this miracle worker is going to turn the club into Ajax in a few weeks.

Any club apart from Rangers been runners up :D , going to put that down to a fine achievement after 10 point deduction

Because he picked him to play :lol:

And blowing a 15 point lead is pointless? How so this was before admin hit incase you forgot about that. So ye I will blame McCoist for that because he was the manager, that's how it goes.

You seem to be looking for any excuse under the sun to get Ally off the hook, that's cute but worrying.

:lol:

glad i make you laugh

Simple fact is no other club in Scotland apart from them would do as well as us in this league.

And if you take into account the trouble they're about to face over the next 18 months we stand a good chance of winning the top flight straight away

glad i make you laugh

Simple fact is no other club in Scotland apart from them would do as well as us in this league.

And if you take into account the trouble they're about to face over the next 18 months we stand a good chance of winning the top flight straight away

What makes you think we will win it first time around?

Is it our struggles against utter shite teams? Is it our manager who is tactically clueless?

Or is it the fact they have bagged another 15 million from CL and no doubt will next season too which somehow means we will magically turn into a better footballing side than them overnight?

You live on the moon.

What makes you think we will win it first time around?

Is it our struggles against utter shite teams? Is it our manager who is tactically clueless?

Or is it the fact they have bagged another 15 million from CL and no doubt will next season too which somehow means we will magically turn into a better footballing side than them overnight?

You live on the moon.

and what if they don't bag another 15million?! What if they continue to downsize as we continue to get better?

Only time will tell i suppose but i don't think we will be facing as tough a time as your predicting, we're not as far behind as folk on here make out

In response to the OP we want to be back in the top flight as soon as possible, it's a ridiculous notion to say it would be beneficial for us to spend more time languishing in the lower leagues.

In response to some of the Ally comments I'd say yes the 11-12 season we blew a good lead (it was 9 points) but we dropped 13 points to give them the advantage.

We went on a run of 7 wins 3 losses and 2 draws in 12 matches to allow them back in which is unacceptable and it was before admin.

Having said that when admin hit we were on 61 points after 26 games, in the 08-09 title winning season we were on 57 points after 21 games.

In the 09-10 title winning season we were on 61 points after 26 games and in 10-11 title winning season we were on 62 points after 21 games.

Our points tally per game under Ally in the SPL was alright and was on the same par as Walter's in the previous few season so to suggest he turned the 3IAR team into a joke is an overreaction. We also suffered badly from the Naismith injury and I think it's reasonable to say that had he remained injury free we wouldn't have dropped 13 points in those 7 games.

The European exits were embarrassing as were the cup exits although it's worth noting the Scottish Cup exit was after we'd been forced to sell Jelavic at a low price.

We were only 4 points behind and we'll never know whether we'd have gone on to win the league or not, we may very well have done having said that at the time admin hit we were not looking like a team that was about to claim 4 in a row (tu)

i personally think that if ally has to use the team he has in the championship that we will not win the league

Personally I think they will as they will have a bigger challenge with a bigger promotion prize to aim for.

Our team have been running away with this league since day one(our goal difference speaks for itself) and I can understand why some have been softpedalling.

Who the hell wants to pick up a major injury before the penultimate season to be in?

Each time I come onto the Bears Den there are about 15-20 new threads, but, as I go through them one after another, about a dozen are almost the same, I've even seen some Bears saying, on more than one occasion, "I'll post here, what I posted in another thread....blah, blah, blah" because the other thread is, almost exactly the same. Just now we are having a mini-war between the "Ally Bashers" & the "Ally Lovers" over everything that All says or does, or at times, doesn't say, doesn't do, it's getting as bad as the Boardroom & financial forum was. IMHO :thumbup:

I think we had a great opportunity last year to reshape our club's philosophy.

I don't think it was willfully neglected, as I believe that - whether it was Ally, Green or whoever - that the vision was to get people through the gates, and it was short sighted.

So we are where we are, with a bloated squad full of players with long and expensive contracts - although we are doing well this season, and could win with 100+ points if current form continues

Next season will be tough, as we will be up against full time teams, each who would love to have the pleasure of not only securing entry to the top flight, but being the ones to stop us doing so in the process.

I haven't seriously entertained the idea of us not securing back to back promotions, as I think we have proven ourselves against championship teams away from home and on crappy pitches this season

Be it with Ally, or if we had a new manager in place, would you consider the following scenario?

Our manager announces that the club is going to change the club's focus to the youth team.

I appreciate the Ajax system is a wet dream, and one I don't think is a realistic option, but I don't like to think that the boat has sailed completely

If we were to field more of our youth players, while retaining some of the more experienced ones - a spine of the team, while we field Templeton, Macleod, Crawford and Aird more often.

For this to happen, we would have to get a scout in place, and look at bringing in more youngsters that we wouldn't have to pay the earth for and could get a few years out of before selling them on for a profit.

So, I realise that this is a lot of 'ifs and buts' - most likely will never happen, but I wondered if people would be open to the case of one or maybe two years in the championship to implement a new strategy?

We need a scout or two as you say and better coaches who can teach dead ball situations and tactic changes and passing,trapping and dribbling skills.

Right now i don't blame our kids i blame our coaches and the fact i work longer in a day than they do in a week.

OP poses an interesting question but it appears to be based on the assumption that winning the leagues and playing youth players are mutually exclusive, they are not. Certainly not under the right manager with the appropriate methodology in place.

No team successfully fields 'all youth' teams, not even Ajax. They bring their youth players through and play them in as part of a system. That system has been honed over years and is something sadly missing at Ibrox. We bring in young players and neither the coaching staff nor the manager seem to know either the players best position or where they fit into the system.

We've had two seasons to develop youth and build a system. If you disregard, 'punt up the park' as a system we are no nearer our objective that we were when we entered the lowest division. Two years and a shit-load of money wasted.

How did losing the title have nothing to do with Ally?

He was the bloody manager :lol:

You couldn't make this rubbish up

because like other certain people he gets exempt from any negatives but can take all positives. Thats Rangers men for you. It was someone elses fault that we put papac in midfield and signings like ortiz were someone elses fault

We need the income from the top league so we cannot afford to hang around. I don't think it will be an easy waltz through the championship/league one but would expect to get there.

We did much better in the 3rd div giving the youngsters a chance and we really need to balance the books while trying to improve the quality and entertainment value of the football.

We can obviously introduce a new philosophy to the way we play at any time, and I can't see why doing this next season should mean we may have to miss out on a promotion. However, the most logical time to have done this would have been at the start of last season - when any potential damage would have been at its minimum. Anyway, if our management had neither the brains, nor foresight to start this last year, I really can't see it happening in the near future.

and what if they don't bag another 15million?! What if they continue to downsize as we continue to get better?

Only time will tell i suppose but i don't think we will be facing as tough a time as your predicting, we're not as far behind as folk on here make out

You think they are going to regress and we are going to get better based on nothing but your own blue tinted perspective of life?

:lol:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about so stop making an arse of yourself.