Who's next then?

simplythebest

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Stockbridge has gone, it is the shareholders who put him there who should be next in our sights.

Its not a cull mate ffs.. ....I wanted the two free loaders gone,happy with that....Irvine aside,i hope we can move on....onwards and upwards....

The people who put him in the job left last year.

The dangerous state of our ownership profile is summed up by the fact that, despite all his failings, Stockbridge still managed to get the support of 65% of those who voted. It needs to change drastically if we are to make any kind of real progress. Another share issue should go some way to sorting the problem.

Jack and the Easdales next in no particular order just make it soon. Why the Easdale because they are part of the problem and not the solution we seek

OH!!! LOOK, LOOK, Someone's found a solution that we have been seeking!!

Pray tell us o wise stranger, what is this solution you talk of!!

Come people, gather round, we have found a solution, Glory be, our problems are solved!!! :7325:

All folk needed to trust the board was Stockbridge gone.

So we were told anyway.

that is all the old board gone so there is no link to previous maladministration.

If we recruit a new FD we will be in a great position to go forward now that our financial problems are gone, everybody now trusts the board and we can all unite.

Whose next? I think it could be the CEO. Why? Well, he announced a 120 day period to work out what cuts to make and how to put Rangers on a sustainable financial pathway for future years. He now has no FD. It may take a while to recruit a competent experienced FD which, if it did take time, would bite into what remains of this 120 day review. Even if he gets a competent credible and experienced FD very soon it will take that FD time to assimilate the financials and assess the cuts options. If the FD appointment is not seen by investors as utterly credible, and is not seen by Supporters are utterly credible (the interests here should be aligned but may not be) then the judgement on the appointment will rest with the CEO. If the plan for cuts is not seen by investors and Supporters and the Manager and the media as credible and unavoidably necessary then there is only now one place to point the finger of blame - the CEO. If the CEO cannot get his much referred to campaign of improved communications with Supporters up and running successfully and on a sustained basis then there is only one person where the blame (rightly or wrongly) would lie - the CEO. It seems to me there are still very high stakes matters being played out at Ibrox and if the pathway through these matters becomes too much like thickets that cannot be readily navigated or cut through then guess what - the appetite of the CEO might also wane and a 'left by mutual consent' statement posted on the website. Now I'm not looking for this - far from it - I hope he succeeds. But until more is seen of the impact of the cuts and of how he deals with Supporter comms and media comms and of how investors react to all of this I don't think it is a slam dunk certainty that he'd stay.

All folk needed to trust the board was Stockbridge gone.

So we were told anyway.

that is all the old board gone so there is no link to previous maladministration.

If we recruit a new FD we will be in a great position to go forward now that our financial problems are gone, everybody now trusts the board and we can all unite.

I have to say its a refief our financial problems have gone. I trust the current board, unfortunately the previous one's legacy, championed on here till the death by many, will last for a few years yet.

Now that Stockbridge has gone, it is the shareholders who put him there who should be next in our sights.

How do you plan to chase these shareholders away, considering it was Those same backers that kept Wallace in the position he is in, maybe we should chase Paul Murray's backers away

You've got a big chip on your shoulder for "shareholders" I'm a shareholder I hold shares and might get a dividend while hopefully keeping my investment, if the company doesn't profit you get no return and at worst lose your money, there's nothing sinister going on, if you think some have profited then they've profited the same way as your local postie did when Royal Mail floated

Whose next? I think it could be the CEO. Why? Well, he announced a 120 day period to work out what cuts to make and how to put Rangers on a sustainable financial pathway for future years. He now has no FD. It may take a while to recruit a competent experienced FD which, if it did take time, would bite into what remains of this 120 day review. Even if he gets a competent credible and experienced FD very soon it will take that FD time to assimilate the financials and assess the cuts options. If the FD appointment is not seen by investors as utterly credible, and is not seen by Supporters are utterly credible (the interests here should be aligned but may not be) then the judgement on the appointment will rest with the CEO. If the plan for cuts is not seen by investors and Supporters and the Manager and the media as credible and unavoidably necessary then there is only now one place to point the finger of blame - the CEO. If the CEO cannot get his much referred to campaign of improved communications with Supporters up and running successfully and on a sustained basis then there is only one person where the blame (rightly or wrongly) would lie - the CEO. It seems to me there are still very high stakes matters being played out at Ibrox and if the pathway through these matters becomes too much like thickets that cannot be readily navigated or cut through then guess what - the appetite of the CEO might also wane and a 'left by mutual consent' statement posted on the website. Now I'm not looking for this - far from it - I hope he succeeds. But until more is seen of the impact of the cuts and of how he deals with Supporter comms and media comms and of how investors react to all of this I don't think it is a slam dunk certainty that he'd stay.

these two know about finances

http://www.rangersinternationalfootballclub.com/board-management/board-of-directors/item/4998-graham-wallace

Mr Wallace was employed by Manchester City Football Club, first as Chief Financial Officer (March 2009 - October 2010),

http://www.rangersinternationalfootballclub.com/board-management/board-of-directors/item/4996-david-somers

Mr Somers is an Honours Economic Studies graduate and a qualified accountant (Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).

these two know about finances

http://www.rangersinternationalfootballclub.com/board-management/board-of-directors/item/4998-graham-wallace

Mr Wallace was employed by Manchester City Football Club, first as Chief Financial Officer (March 2009 - October 2010),

http://www.rangersinternationalfootballclub.com/board-management/board-of-directors/item/4996-david-somers

Mr Somers is an Honours Economic Studies graduate and a qualified accountant (Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).

As well as having Nash advising them as well

I don't think the financial director position will be a problem short term

Who's the we your talking about and what have they done wrong? Answering questions and engaging for clarity reasons would be nice.

Far as I can see they are taking no money out of the club, invested in shares and have been on a board that appointed GW. Not many bad ponits there.

EDIT: Made no points in defence of Jack.

Give in who are the we as I have not used the word we previously on this thread.

It is more likely that Laxey appointed Wallace and less a stroke of genius on the part of the Brothers Grimm if that is what Wallace`s appointment turns out to be