Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

You're the one that's suggesting it.

I'm not saying i'd resent Wallace like I do the traitors etc but for a transfer to go through it will at least partly be his decision, the guy has about 3 or 4 years left on his contract if I remember right so he can sit tight if he wants to that badly.

Whether you like it or not the mismanagement from the very top has put us back to square one.The chance has gone for now,to put us on track for when we are back in the top league.It is still retrievable becuase of the time scale and have full trust in our current CEO to establish this.

For all its worth i think Wallace,Lee that is,is commited full term to this club,it WILL NOT be his decision alone....

:lol: now you are either stupid or you are deliberately missing the point and I don't think you are stupid....I will say this one more time....it's not about the legitimacy of the bid or interest the issue arises from the little add ons and padding the rags add to these stories....read the DR article again and use your head....

I've already explained to you a few times about what I heard and others on here heard that fits into this.

I can't help it if you hold a different view that's up to you but I'm going with what I heard that ties in with this.

I really can't help it that you think I'm stupid or not taking your view on things....

Whether you like it or not the mismanagement from the very top has put us back to square one.The chance has gone for now,to put us on track for when we are back in the top league.It is still retrievable becuase of the time scale and have full trust in our current CEO to establish this.

For all its worth i think Wallace,Lee that is,is commited full term to this club,it WILL NOT be his decision alone....

I've never claimed things have been handled brilliantly but a big part of that has been backing the manager with what he wants (and yes I know he doesn't control the finances).

It's not Wallace's decision alone in the sense that the club could accept offers but he has a contract that we legally have to honour, the board are not about to hold his family to ransom or something and McCoist is hardly going to drop him as a punishment. And even drawing comparisons with Alan Hutton we were trying to push that through throughout the whole window pretty much whereas they have a mere two days or less to encourage Wallace. So if he's fully committed then it's an easy decision, for this window anyway.

That from sky? More republican bullshit

I'd believe sky's sources over those of people on forums tbh, I mean sky had live coverage of Goodwillie at blackburn having his medical and signing his contract but some on here and FF BELIEVED he was on his way back up the road to sign for us. Ditto Kenny Miller when he was signing for Cardiff

I've criticised it when I think it's due, like signing too many players, boardroom bonuses etc. But not everything is as simple as blaming those big bad Spivs, when Wallace transferred his contract most of us probably expected him to be sold anyway, his desire to stay despite our demotion has been a real bonus (and nobody will be holding a gun to his head btw however many bids are accepted).

I'd be gutted to see him go but there's already some hysterical overreaction before anything is even confirmed. No man is bigger than the club and we'd move on as always.

Saying the club was poorly run is not hysterical overreaction.

I've never claimed things have been handled brilliantly but a big part of that has been backing the manager with what he wants (and yes I know he doesn't control the finances).

It's not Wallace's decision alone in the sense that the club could accept offers but he has a contract that we legally have to honour, the board are not about to hold his family to ransom or something and McCoist is hardly going to drop him as a punishment. And even drawing comparisons with Alan Hutton we were trying to push that through throughout the whole window pretty much whereas they have a mere two days or less to encourage Wallace. So if he's fully committed then it's an easy decision, for this window anyway.

Lets just hope he stays,on a personal level im going to have a very disaapointed 14 year old to contend with..... .he is forever telling all and sundry how brilliant Wallace is.....

I disagree.

It probably is required for us to run at a loss in the lower leagues until we get back to the premiership. The alternative would be to rip appart our infrastructure at the expense of our future.

Our loss should not be what it is though.

Or we could have stuck with Cribari et all until their contracts expired. There is a difference between running at a managed/planned loss and urgently having to review all expenditure and potentially cut costs mid-season. That's down to financial planning.

Won't be long before the requisitioners are blamed of course, after all they forced us to pay Mather 300k.

Disclaimer: This in now way is an indication I support the requistioners in any way, shape or form whatsoever ;)

Lets just hope he stays,on a personal level im going to have a very disaapointed 14 year old to contend with..... .he is forever telling all and sundry how brilliant Wallace is.....

Don't get me wrong he's by far our best player and I really hope he stays not just now but for the long term in the top flight etc as he can still improve imo. But we've moved on from losing our best players before and we'd do so again here if it comes to it.

Aye with the bank controlling us and we only kept the squad together thanks to CL cash

The bank were "controlling" us based on DMs overall business exposure.

Our debt reduced, we won 3 titles and no one was asked to take a 15% wage cut.

We may have been run terribly then - nothing compared to now though.

:lol:

Don't blame ally for financial mismanagement of previous boards, they are in charge of the numbers and didn't give a fuck how we were ran, you wana pick on ally's managerial flaws fire in and I'll help you, don't pin this shite on him

Ally deemed the likes of Shiels, foster, black , Smith, Daly all essential for progressing up the leagues. He was backed by the then CEO who he chummed up to until said CEO quite rightly criticized performances and our poor cup record.

Now if Ally has any sort of foresight and long term strategy I.e start small and build our resources up gradually to meet the demands of a higher level then maybe we wouldn't need to sell some of the genuine asserts we do possess.

This was all predicted by journalists and fans alike at the time. There is a role at Rangers for life for Ally and that is to be the face of our club. But his limitations as a manager about to exposed and he has played a huge part in contributing to this.

Instead of his 'number 1 priority' being 'protecting his job and his staff' he should have operated to the level he was at. If he had any confidence in his own ability he could have said to the fans we are developing out youth and asked for patience. He would have been given it.

We are steamrolling this league by 'grinding' PT teams down with our fitness which the coaching staff admit.

We are going to be in a terrible state when we go back up I have always felt this. Next season is far from a given. Surely we can rip up the contracts of half our duds and keep Lee? He will be a massive loss.

Ally deemed the likes of Shiels, foster, black , Smith, Daly all essential for progressing up the leagues. He was backed by the then CEO who he chummed up to until said CEO quite rightly criticized performances and our poor cup record.

Now if Ally has any sort of foresight and long term strategy I.e start small and build our resources up gradually to meet the demands of a higher level then maybe we wouldn't need to sell some of the genuine asserts we do possess.

This was all predicted by journalists and fans alike at the time. There is a role at Rangers for life for Ally and that is to be the face of our club. But his limitations as a manager about to exposed and he has played a huge part in contributing to this.

Instead of his 'number 1 priority' being 'protecting his job and his staff' he should have operated to the level he was at. If he had any confidence in his own ability he could have said to the fans we are developing out youth and asked for patience. He would have been given it.

We are steamrolling this league by 'grinding' PT teams down with our fitness which the coaching staff admit.

We are going to be in a terrible state when we go back up I have always felt this. Next season is far from a given. Surely we can rip up the contracts of half our duds and keep Lee? He will be a massive loss.

One of the best summations of our current plight. One the many head in the sand fans don't want to admit.

You can't blame Ally for bringing in the players (based on budgets) as he's not to know what we can and cannot afford.

If the CEO and others behind the scenes gave the yes for these players then the manager takes it that we can afford it no?