Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Rangers have turned down a second, undisclosed bid fromNottingham Forest for Scotland international Lee Wallace, Sky Sports sources understand. Whilst Forest have been in talks with Rangers over Wallace, it is also believed that a deal to land David Vaughan from Sunderland - currently on loan at the club - is close

kind of refutes the DR's take that Forest - after having the initial bid turned down - wont be back with another, as rangers are wrongly playing "hardball".

We may have deadwood in the squad, but the wage bill is low in relation to season ticket commitment.

That is irrelevant.

It's the season ticket commitment in relation to our monthly expenditure that's the problem. We are operating at a loss, hence the reason we have to cut costs. I appreciate we will generate more income once in the SPFL Premiership.

Shouldn't the board have known how much we could spend on players given our current earnings? Sounds like a finger in the air guess may have been more accurate.

I've not been 'gutted' at a player leaving since King Carlos, but if Wallace goes I'll be sick!

He's said repeatadly he wants to stay, if this happens how can Rangers expect us to keep paying big money for ST's etc when we sell our big players?

WE ARE NOT A SELLING CLUB!

:anguish:

Of course we are.

Only 4/5 clubs in the world who aren't.

That is irrelevant.

It's the season ticket commitment in relation to our monthly expenditure that's the problem. We are operating at a loss, hence the reason we have to cut costs. I appreciate we will generate more income once in the SPFL Premiership.

Shouldn't the board have known how much we could spend on players given our current earnings? Sounds like a finger in the air guess may have been more accurate.

The players wages would not be a problem at any other club with our level of continued support.

The probelm is all the money has been spent.

Cost cutting is a smokescreen that should be happening anyway. We should be looking for investors.

People need to take a step back and realise we are playing in the 3rd tier of a shit countries football. A £1.4m fee would unquestionably be a record in Scotland and will be up there with the best of transfers from a third division across Europe.

If we need to sell, we need to sell. It's as simple as that folks. (tu)

Hard to take but never a truer word spoken

The players wages would not be a problem at any other club with our level of continued support.

Cost cutting is a smokescreen that should be happening anyway. We should be looking for investors.

We have general running costs that are expensive as well so it's not as simple as you make out

So you feel we should get investment first then cost cut, what happens when the investment money is gone, do we cost cut then or just seek more investment.

The more money saved by cutting costs will make more investment available, also graham Wallace is looking at getting more for the contracts we have, which In turn if he pulls it off will be a small investment again

Its the only way mate.The thought of speculating to accumulate.......... ffs no

As I said in the post you quoted it is not the players wages that is the problem. The players are our only saleable asset so they become part of the solution.

The problem is we chose to recruit players we cannot currently afford.

It is not necessary to run at a loss.

For you to suggest any different simply shows how ridiculous your continued refusal to criticise the previous regime really is.

I've criticised it when I think it's due, like signing too many players, boardroom bonuses etc. But not everything is as simple as blaming those big bad Spivs, when Wallace transferred his contract most of us probably expected him to be sold anyway, his desire to stay despite our demotion has been a real bonus (and nobody will be holding a gun to his head btw however many bids are accepted).

I'd be gutted to see him go but there's already some hysterical overreaction before anything is even confirmed. No man is bigger than the club and we'd move on as always.

You tell me,because you seem to have all the answers.?

You're the one that's suggesting it.

I'm not saying i'd resent Wallace like I do the traitors etc but for a transfer to go through it will at least partly be his decision, the guy has about 3 or 4 years left on his contract if I remember right so he can sit tight if he wants to that badly.

You can't blame the press for running with a story that we rejected a bid for our best player.

What are they supposed to do?

"Aw here boys better not run with this cause the lads on RM will say it's a witch hunt and a anti-rangers agenda!"

Please, we all saw it coming and the rumbles were clubs were ready to make offers for Lee.

:lol: now you are either stupid or you are deliberately missing the point and I don't think you are stupid....I will say this one more time....it's not about the legitimacy of the bid or interest the issue arises from the little add ons and padding the rags add to these stories....read the DR article again and use your head....

It is not necessary to run at a loss.

For you to suggest any different simply shows how ridiculous your continued refusal to criticise the previous regime really is.

I disagree.

It probably is required for us to run at a loss in the lower leagues until we get back to the premiership. The alternative would be to rip appart our infrastructure at the expense of our future.

Our loss should not be what it is though.