Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Papers selling our players again, stage 2 will be he has no ambition if he stays with us and its better for the Scotland team if he moves and its a very fair price for him.

You notice on the other hand that any Tim who doesn't want to move from them for a gazzillion pounds is standing by the club and doing what's right.

Ally deemed the likes of Shiels, foster, black , Smith, Daly all essential for progressing up the leagues. He was backed by the then CEO who he chummed up to until said CEO quite rightly criticized performances and our poor cup record.

Now if Ally has any sort of foresight and long term strategy I.e start small and build our resources up gradually to meet the demands of a higher level then maybe we wouldn't need to sell some of the genuine asserts we do possess.

This was all predicted by journalists and fans alike at the time. There is a role at Rangers for life for Ally and that is to be the face of our club. But his limitations as a manager about to exposed and he has played a huge part in contributing to this.

Instead of his 'number 1 priority' being 'protecting his job and his staff' he should have operated to the level he was at. If he had any confidence in his own ability he could have said to the fans we are developing out youth and asked for patience. He would have been given it.

We are steamrolling this league by 'grinding' PT teams down with our fitness which the coaching staff admit.

We are going to be in a terrible state when we go back up I have always felt this. Next season is far from a given. Surely we can rip up the contracts of half our duds and keep Lee? He will be a massive loss.

Obviously McCoist wanted the players, and I agree to a certain extent about signing players at our level, but IMO there had to be a better balance than that. After all we were still pulling in gates of 45k. So the odd flair player should have been an affordable luxury.

However as with any company the buck stops with the board. McCoist's job is to put the best team on the park possible with the budget. The board's job is to run the club. Why people don't see that is completely and utterly beyond me.

It's like me getting blamed for the collapse of my company because I demanded a wage rise or extra resource.

You can't blame Ally for bringing in the players (based on budgets) as he's not to know what we can and cannot afford.

If the CEO and others behind the scenes gave the yes for these players then the manager takes it that we can afford it no?

That is all true, I'd only add that with the trust issues there's been with our boardroom and McCoist's influence with the support they may have been a bit edgy about upsetting him.

Not an excuse though.

You can't blame Ally for bringing in the players (based on budgets) as he's not to know what we can and cannot afford.

If the CEO and others behind the scenes gave the yes for these players then the manager takes it that we can afford it no?

This,i dont know of one manager that would not spend his budget to improve the team. ...well maybe Wenger at Arsenal is the exception...

That is all true, I'd only add that with the trust issues there's been with our boardroom and McCoist's influence with the support they may have been a bit edgy about upsetting him.

Not an excuse though.

That's been similar to what I been thinking, Mather mainly didn't want ally to go out and say he wasn't backed and fans turn against the club, so backed him.

That's been similar to what I been thinking, Mather mainly didn't want ally to go out and say he wasn't backed and fans turn against the club, so backed him.

Also sounded like he and Charles Green fell out beyond repair because they weren't agreeing on the number of players to bring in over the summer.

Well he shouldn't have been the CEO, he was weak and endangering the recovery of the club if that was the case.

Obviously McCoist wanted the players, and I agree to a certain extent about signing players at our level, but IMO there had to be a better balance than that. After all we were still pulling in gates of 45k. So the odd flair player should have been an affordable luxury.

However as with any company the buck stops with the board. McCoist's job is to put the best team on the park possible with the budget. The board's job is to run the club. Why people don't see that is completely and utterly beyond me.

It's like me getting blamed for the collapse of my company because I demanded a wage rise or extra resource.

A few 'flair' players would be fine but it wasn't. I still Templeton could have a future but wtf was the point of bringing in guys like Smith and Foster? And to what cost? The detriment of the development of our younger players. We have a bigger squad than the scum in league 2 FFS!!

Most if them are NOT good enough for mounting a challenge back in the SPL. So what was the point?

Are we being entertained with flair players destroying PT times playing at a pace and with control to make yet maw moist? Are we fuck its torture !!

Can I ask you this if fans and journo's alike all predicted this would happen why couldn't our manager not have the same foresight ?

Now if we are to believe Ally (which some do unconditionally ) then he wasn't aware of his salary until it came out in the press. He just signed for the love of the club!!??

Most of us aren't that stupid and most of us know we have a squad of overpaid dross because of one man. It's only going to get worse strap yourself in mate

McCoist is certainly not responsible for the setting of the budgets and so cannot be blamed for our need to enforce cut backs.

That said, for your comment in bold, do you think this has been achieved?

Not all signings work out as you would hope, but I think it is fair to say that (for reasons of either age or quality) Simonsen, Foster, Smith, Cribari, Black, Shiels & Daly were, from the outset, never likely to be part of our squad upon it's return to the top division and so can only ever be considered to have been an investment of funds to ensure promotion through Scotland's lower leagues. That is something our manager has to consider when he looks at how best to spend the budget he is given.

Well he shouldn't have been the CEO, he was weak and endangering the recovery of the club if that was the case.

It's not quite as simple as that as season ticket renewals are crucial to our recovery as well.

Hopefully it's just internet ramblings but even on here we're getting noises about not renewing if Wallace is sold

Lose Wallace for a fraction above McCoists lowest tier of Scottish Football wage. It goes to show the contempt of Green, Stockbridge, McCoist,etc.

They are laughing at the supporters. We provide them with income way beyond what most will earn in a lifetime. In doing so I'm sure many will have gone without certain things in order to watch their team. It's shameful.

Unless fans give themselves a reality check this will only continue. We still pay players too much justifying it with "but we are Rangers" not an ordinary club. The facts are there to see. Despite overpaying players we still struggle against teams. This should be a period of rebuilding, not making the same mistakes.

Many fans are voting by staying away, disgusted by the rebuilding. We were all very supportive at the beginning but the fans have shown they will not be taken for a ride a second time.

Sell Wallace? Yes, but not for a loss and not to keep the greedy hangers on at Ibrox in a life of luxury fans can only dream of.

Blaming Green for Wallace maybe being sold, fucking hell.

I don't mind if we do sell him. I don't see him as a great player, just a very good one. He does not score many goals and while his runs down the left can lead to goals it's not the main source of our scoring. £1 Million would run the club for a month at least so worth having the cash.

The only player who scunnered me when he left was Steven Davis as I though he was True Blue.

but wtf was the point of bringing in guys like Smith and Foster?

I agree with you regarding those 2 signings.

Most if them are NOT good enough for mounting a challenge back in the SPL. So what was the point?

Are we being entertained with flair players destroying PT times playing at a pace and with control to make yet maw moist? Are we fuck its torture !!

Aaah healthy does of good old hindsight. I was excited by Sandazza, Shiels, Templeton, Clark and Law signings, as I assumed with attendances of 45k we could afford them. Were you not?

Can I ask you this if fans and journo's alike all predicted this would happen why couldn't our manager not have the same foresight ?

God forbid he thinks the owners and board were capable of providing a sensible budget and an overall strategy for our climb back up the leagues.

It's only going to get worse strap yourself in mate

You better believe it, try blaming the people responsible.

One of the best summations of our current plight. One the many head in the sand fans don't want to admit.

I can sit and talk about how poor a manager ally is till the cows come home, he is. But he is not the fucking number cruncher. It's not his place. Ask any manager in the world if your given a budget will you spend it and they will answer yes.

It's financial mismanagement again and for us to be looking to sell our best player because we are suffering more financial woes is fucking embarrassing. Charlie, Mather and Stockbridge have done well out of Rangers, Rangers haven't done well out of them

Blaming Green for Wallace maybe being sold, fucking hell.

The mismanagement from the previous 2 boards have caused this. Hence why most of us not happy with the last board weren't rebels as we didn't want MM or PM back.

A shower of pricks is what the last 2 have been. Rangers are a fucking mess and it shows no sign of improving.

Ah well the loyal fans will be there to bail us out again.

I can sit and talk about how poor a manager ally is till the cows come home, he is. But he is not the fucking number cruncher. It's not his place. Ask any manager in the world if your given a budget will you spend it and they will answer yes.

It's financial mismanagement again and for us to be looking to sell our best player because we are suffering more financial woes is fucking embarrassing. Charlie, Mather and Stockbridge have done well out of Rangers, Rangers haven't done well out of them

It's not that he's spent it mate, it's what he's spent it on. Half at least will need replaced for a title challenge.