Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

In what way would we be doing pretty well?

We paid less than that for him. He was still the best LB in Scotland when we bought him, he has spent two years playing against "posties, brickies etc ( to steal a phrase often used)"

He has done nothing to merit an increase in the money we bought him for because he has spent two years playing against worse opposition than he was playing against when bought for that sum.

IF we were in the top flight and he was destroying these top flight teams week in and week out, then I think we would have a case for demanding better money. But where we are and the position we are in, getting our money back for him isn't the worst bit of business we could do.

I would obviously prefer to see some dead wood shifted, but that don't look likely till the summer.

Why do YOU think he is worth more than we paid for him?

Eh?

Green was the one who actually bought our assets and raised 22m.

Oh i agree, but the reason I put him in there with the others is he is clearly culpable of short termism and letting us run with wage bills and a costbase that is unsustainable in the medium term.

The number of fans and ST means nothing when talking about the level a player has been playing at for 2 seasons...

You think we are going to get more for a player when we have gone down the divisions playing against part time teams?

Where is the logic in that?

Honestly think about what you are saying here....

No - sorry if I am not being clear - He should simply not be sold.

Unless it's ridiculous money we are talking about.

We paid less than that for him. He was still the best LB in Scotland when we bought him, he has spent two years playing against "posties, brickies etc ( to steal a phrase often used)"

He has done nothing to merit an increase in the money we bought him for because he has spent two years playing against worse opposition than he was playing against when bought for that sum.

IF we were in the top flight and he was destroying these top flight teams week in and week out, then I think we would have a case for demanding better money. But where we are and the position we are in, getting our money back for him isn't the worst bit of business we could do.

I would obviously prefer to see some dead wood shifted, but that don't look likely till the summer.

Why do YOU think he is worth more than we paid for him?

...................a bid of £1.5m from Rangers was accepted by Hearts. Wallace signed a five-year deal with the club, becoming Ally McCoist's second signing of the summer

Why should we sell him for less than we paid for him??

That wasnt the point being made though. It was the fact we would be doing lucky to get £1.5m for him.......IF we were going to sell him.

It was by me.

Unless we rake in a fee that actually makes a difference, no point in being pleased with what we paid for him.

Oh i agree, but the reason I put him in there with the others is he is clearly culpable of short termism and letting us run with wage bills and a costbase that is unsustainable in the medium term.

Fair enough.

Although i'm sure he said he was wanting to cut the wage bill? Could be wrong but i'm sure he said that.

...................a bid of £1.5m from Rangers was accepted by Hearts. Wallace signed a five-year deal with the club, becoming Ally McCoist's second signing of the summer

Why should we sell him for less than we paid for him??

yup, we got money off that for paying it up early and helping Hearts out before they went into admin.

No - sorry if I am not being clear - He should simply not be sold.

Unless it's ridiculous monet we are talking about.

I don't want him sold either, I'm just pointing out the reasons why we won't get anymore than the money we paid for him. The board would not be to blame for not holding out for more in that respect.

If Lee wants to stay and we don't feel we HAVE to sell then ideal.

However I see things heating up between now and Friday and I just hope we can find other solutions rather than sell Lee.

Let me ask you this One Question .

Has Lee Wallace Proved he is a Champions League Player in a Premiership Class Level League?

He is an Internationalist also ,and well worth 3-4 Mil. That's a Fucking Fact .

And TBH the Player doesn't want to Go ,that's a Fact too.

So its really up to the Player. Rangers are Shite in the Transfer Market both Selling Cheap and Buying Expensive .No wonder we went to shit.

Of course it's up to him, a club might encourage a player to go but contrary to myth they can't force them

You are Correct again .

It does us more Damage than Good.

But I'm Glad Lee will say No to Leaving Rangers ,he wants to stay with us.

I will lose all Trust in Graham Wallace if he Insists on this.

I wont lose trust in GW - if he thinks we need this then he is the man in charge - I feel he wouldn't do it unless he felt it was necessary.