Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

The reason we're having to sell Lee Wallace is because we have been mugged and robbed by Green and his cohorts. Our money from season tickets and an IPO has disappeared into the ether. Our player wage bill is not excessive based on our turnover. Makes me fucking both livid and sad.

I agree with this, but what's done is done, or to use the more current tautology, we are where we are. So we must deal with it as is and build for the future.

I can sit and talk about how poor a manager ally is till the cows come home, he is. But he is not the fucking number cruncher. It's not his place. Ask any manager in the world if your given a budget will you spend it and they will answer yes.

It's financial mismanagement again and for us to be looking to sell our best player because we are suffering more financial woes is fucking embarrassing. Charlie, Mather and Stockbridge have done well out of Rangers, Rangers haven't done well out of them

Bang on....facts,facts and more facts.......it will never catch on.

Green, in particular, would say anything he thought would help his own case knowing full well he wouldn't be here to face the consequences of his decisions.

Adidas, Cowboys, Champions league music blaring, I'm going nowhere, the million pound crossbar challenge - he's a bawhair above Whyte in my estimation and has fucked us almost as hard.

Lets face it you simply never got over the comments about singing

As much as we all know that Lee Wallace is worth a hell of a lot more than £900k, as a 3rd tier club our negotiating power is almost non-existent and our most valuable players are only worth a fraction of what they would be worth if we were the Premiership champions or runners up and playing in Europe.

Taking that into account as well as the Club's much publicised cash shortfall, then in all honesty £900k is actually a very fair starting offer.

We should also consider that when we bought Wallace from Hearts a lot of us felt that the fee we were paying was top dollar and that we were only paying it because he would prove to be worth it. And he has indeed been worth it, but let's not try to change the story now that we know his true value and act as though we got him for a song and he's now worth a lot more than we paid. That just doesn't make sense to me given our circumstances where we have players that would be worth something if we were in the top flight that are currently worth nothing because we're in the 3rd tier.

I agree with the logic. However, what I always fail to see is how the buying club can make a statment along the lines of "untried" or in this case "a lower league team". If you want a player you pay the going rate, which is the rate that the seller will accept - if the two parties cannot agree the deal does not happen. What you think or say about the selling team is absolutely immaterial. In fact, in 8 games time we will be a promoted team - does Wallace's valuation then increase because we are then a second tier team? It does by the Forest logic. In a buyer/seller market the bargaining positions are King - if they really want a player, they'll pay "over the odds"; if we really need to sell, we'll accept "under the market value".

But then again god luvs a tryer! Yet the other lot can gain over inflated fees for average at best players. Wallace is indeed a class act, u can bet they'd be holding out for maximum price. Who the fook are forest anyways?

If we were in the Premiership and playing CL football then we could be in that situation but sadly we are in the lower divisions and Lee aint played at a decent level for nearly 2 years now.

If McCoist was told a player would be signed then he had every right to believe the deals were secure and within budget.

There's people in this very thread trying to smear McCoist by suggesting deals were given the go-ahead so as not to upset him - even at the risk of damaging the club we can only conclude.

And yet, very clearly, that's not the case with G. Wallace.

If it were true we must accept that not only were Green, Mather, Stockbrodge financially incompetent, but they never had a pair of balls between them.

I don't buy it for a second - they knew exactly what they were doing. They were lining their own pockets and to hell with Rangers.

Pay cuts being proposed and our best players being sold is just the start of it.

We had the chance to go forwaed but greedybastarditis took hold with certain individuals....there was NEVER a long term plan.....

But then again god luvs a tryer! Yet the other lot can gain over inflated fees for average at best players. Wallace is indeed a class act, u can bet they'd be holding out for maximum price. Who the fook are forest anyways?

I agree, our transfer dealings in players leaving have been a joke compared to theirs.

But at this level we're not going to get that sort of money for any player

£5 million?

:lol:

Come on guys.

I'd be stunned if we got anywhere more than the £1.5 we paid for Lee while we are in these leagues and not in the best financial shape.

Surely it's a matter of principal tho???

Why should we be treated like cannon-fodder-? I'd have a lot more respect if the club just raised the asking price. Let's really see if forest are serious then. He is still our player and under contract.