Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Surely it's a matter of principal tho???

Why should we be treated like cannon-fodder-? I'd have a lot more respect if the club just raised the asking price. Let's really see if forest are serious then. He is still our player and under contract.

Because we need the money, you can ask for the stars if;

1. You don't need the cash.

2. Your player has several years left to run on their deal.

Why not?

None of the current board are to blame for the financial position we are in.

1.4 million for the best left back in Scotland. If the board accept that then that shows a lack of ambition.. 5million n well talk.. If they want our top player you better be prepared to pay top money.

Surely it's a matter of principal tho???

Why should we be treated like cannon-fodder-? I'd have a lot more respect if the club just raised the asking price. Let's really see if forest are serious then. He is still our player and under contract.

Let's not forget here we have treated clubs in our position like this for decades so no point trying to take the morale high ground mate.

Forrest are well within their rights to bid whatever to a club they see is in some financial difficulty.

Of course we are in control and can refuse until we get an offer we see fit or choose not to sell at all.

1.4 million for the best left back in Scotland. If the board accept that then that shows a lack of ambition.. 5million n well talk.. If they want our top player you better be prepared to pay top money.

We bought the best left back in scotland for less than 1.5m.

No one would pay £5 million for any player who has been playing at the level we have for 2 seasons.

We barely got more than that for a far better player at the time in Jelavic when we were in the top flight remember.

Heart ruling the heads here IMO.

But then again god luvs a tryer! Yet the other lot can gain over inflated fees for average at best players. Wallace is indeed a class act, u can bet they'd be holding out for maximum price. Who the fook are forest anyways?

The other lot - or filth - use a compliant media to hype their players and manager.

The managers down south who paid huge fees for Robocop, Ki and Hooper look like fck amateurs now.

No one was daft enough to buy juarez, Izaguirri, or that Israeli twat when they were getting touted for 8-10.

No one would pay £5 million for any player who has been playing at the level we have for 2 seasons.

We barely got more than that for a far better player at the time in Jelavic when we were in the top flight remember.

Heart ruling the heads here IMO.

yup, if we got back the money we paid for him we would be doing pretty well, If he stays until we are back in the top flight, and continues to perform the way he does just now, THEN we can talk about money like 5m

I agree, our transfer dealings in players leaving have been a joke compared to theirs.

But at this level we're not going to get that sort of money for any player

Let me ask you this One Question .

Has Lee Wallace Proved he is a Champions League Player in a Premiership Class Level League?

He is an Internationalist also ,and well worth 3-4 Mil. That's a Fucking Fact .

And TBH the Player doesn't want to Go ,that's a Fact too.

So its really up to the Player. Rangers are Shite in the Transfer Market both Selling Cheap and Buying Expensive .No wonder we went to shit.

He is going to be hard to replace, I have no faith in Stevie Smith as our next left-back. A shining beacon Wallace has bn for us. I know it's perhaps unrealistic asking high fees, wouldn't be as bad if it was going back into the team. Sadly I think that's out of the question.

If youd asked me the one player I would NOT have wanted to lose it would've bn Wallace. Sad times indeed.

In what way would we be doing pretty well?

In the way we are struggling with money and are playing lower league football for a few years now.

How many teams in our position would get that kind of fee?

Remember Lee was bought for that price and has played at a lower level more than a high one since he signed.

All things considered it wouldnt be a bad deal albeit a huge blow to our team.

Let me ask you this One Question .

Has Lee Wallace Proved he is a Champions League Player in a Premiership Class Level League?

He is an Internationalist also ,and well worth 3-4 Mil. That's a Fucking Fact .

And TBH the Player doesn't want to Go ,that's a Fact too.

So its really up to the Player. Rangers are Shite in the Transfer Market both Selling Cheap and Buying Expensive .No wonder we went to shit.

Agree 100per cent

"Has Lee Wallace Proved he is a Champions League Player in a Premiership Class Level League?"

NO.

He has proved he is the best left back in Scotland and a very able international level player too.

But I don't recall him performing for us in the CL (the 2 leg defeat in the qualifiers were poor) or Premiership (unless you mean the old SPL?)

I'll have some of what he's on --- 5M would buy you the Scotland team, almost not just the left back :matron:

In what way would we be doing pretty well?

In the way that we paid £1.5m for the best left back in Scotland when clearly no-one else was willing to pay that. He has spent the last 2 seasons playing against joiners and plumbers. And as good as he is, which is still the best left back in Scotland, how can anyone expect someone to pay more than what anyone was prepared to pay when he was a Top Premiership player week in, week out ?

In the way that we paid £1.5m for the best left back in Scotland when clearly no-one else was willing to pay that. He has spent the last 2 seasons playing against joiners and plumbers. And as good as he is, which is still the best left back in Scotland, how can anyone expect someone to pay more than what anyone was prepared to pay when he was a Top Premiership player week in, week out ?

Because they got millions for Ki, Robocop (who?) and Hooper!!!!

In the way we are struggling with money and are playing lower league football for a few years now.

How many teams in our position would get that kind of fee?

Remember Lee was bought for that price and has played at a lower level more than a high one since he signed.

All things considered it wouldnt be a bad deal albeit a huge blow to our team.

Would be a terrible deal, awful.

He would need to be replaced in a year or two and the money we pull in for him will simply dissolve.

This argument about the lower leagues doesnt hold piss either - We still have 36K season tickets and a full stadium every other week.

We are in a unique position.

Selling him does us no favours at all.

Would be a terrible deal, awful.

He would need to be replaced in a year or two and the money we pull in for him will simply dissolve.

This argument about the lower leagues doesnt hold piss either - We still have 36K season tickets and a full stadium every other week.

The number of fans and ST means nothing when talking about the level a player has been playing at for 2 seasons...

You think we are going to get more for a player when we have gone down the divisions playing against part time teams?

Where is the logic in that?

Honestly think about what you are saying here....