Lee Wallace 900k bid rejected from Forest but holding out for 1.4 mill?

Boab

Selling lee Wallace and bringing in say 1.2 million and getting his wages off the books isn't exactly going to make us massive savings. We need rid of around 6 or 7 big earners.

Hutton, cribiari, possibly black, simonsen, smith or foster, Shiels or templeton. We are a fucking mess :lol: what a shambles

Selling lee Wallace and bringing in say 1.2 million and getting his wages off the books isn't exactly going to make us massive savings. We need rid of around 6 or 7 big earners.

Hutton, cribiari, possibly black, simonsen, smith or foster, Shiels or templeton. We are a fucking mess :lol: what a shambles

Sorry to sound like a bore - But then what?

Buy more expensive replacements? Become a diddy team??

We have 26 squad players.

The youth playing staff will not be a huge financial burden on wages but the numbers signify to me that Auchenhowie needs reviewed from a financial perspective.

Deadwood in the squad should have been targetted and shipped out.

Agreed. Should have been. But has not. So would on the whole mean paying off contracts.

Unclear if you mean our cost savings should come from the training complex. Close it?

Sorry to sound like a bore - But then what?

Buy more expensive replacements? Become a diddy team??

Cut our cloth.

Go with what we have left until we get revenue from Europe or investment from others.

We will never be a 'diddy' team long term, it's not impossible to build something strong with the foundations we have at the club.

Look at the other lot, yes they are scum and what not but they are running as a club the way we should have been.

Who will invest when we are not self sustainable?

Need to get ourselves on track first mate and that's the problem.

Which - if I have picked up everything corrctly thus far - includes wage cuts across the board for players, possibly selling our best players and paying more for our season tickets.

Risky business. I am particulalry nervous about 4 month mushroom treatment.

Cut our cloth.

Go with what we have left until we get revenue from Europe or investment from others.

We will never be a 'diddy' team long term, it's not impossible to build something strong with the foundations we have at the club.

Look at the other lot, yes they are scum and what not but they are running as a club the way we should have been.

Europe can only be achieved if we speculate. That takes cash generation.

Whilst 3rd tier football in Scotland is no great challenge or quality, I can't see Wallace being all that excited about a move to the once great (many many many mons ago) Forrest.

They are an average Championship side at best and I think Wallace is capable of playing at a higher level than this.

Sticking with us at least until we get back to the top of the Scottish game will make Wallace a club legend and I owuld hoep that the captain's armband would head his way from next season (ideally with Jig having a less regular role in the side). Once back and challenging he would then have European football opportunities - again something he will never experience at Forrest.

If he was to stay another 3-4 seasons with us and then got a money spinning move to a decent EPL side (with a hefty fee) then I think it would be the best result all round.

For the moment though Wallace is one of a fewplayers (Bell, MacLeod and Law) that I think we shoudl be building a team for the future around.

Anyone know if there is any truth in this tale? Odd the number is 900K which is 15% of the players wage.

It wont be the end of the world if he does go but it will be Lee who makes that decision not the board.

The actual enquiry/bids from forest are true. There are others waiting not just notts

Which - if I have picked up everything corrctly thus far - includes wage cuts across the board for players, possibly selling our best players and paying more for our season tickets.

Risky business. I am particulalry nervous about 4 month mushroom treatment.

So you feel we should get investment first then cost cut, what happens when the investment money is gone, do we cost cut then or just seek more investment.

The more money saved by cutting costs will make more investment available, also graham Wallace is looking at getting more for the contracts we have, which In turn if he pulls it off will be a small investment again

Rangers have turned down a second, undisclosed bid fromNottingham Forest for Scotland international Lee Wallace, Sky Sports sources understand. Whilst Forest have been in talks with Rangers over Wallace, it is also believed that a deal to land David Vaughan from Sunderland - currently on loan at the club - is close

If sold, a dose of reality for some I think.

There is no need for us to be in this position, its a result of financial mis-management of the highest order I'm afraid.

We may have deadwood in the squad, but the wage bill is low in relation to season ticket commitment.

So you feel we should get investment first then cost cut, what happens when the investment money is gone, do we cost cut then or just seek more investment.

The more money saved by cutting costs will make more investment available, also graham Wallace is looking at getting more for the contracts we have, which In turn if he pulls it off will be a small investment again

We can do both. We do not need to wait.

You know something if the boys fitness wasn't such a concern he could do it but it's pretty shit as he's not fit enough, he always seems to struggle

Wallace moving on and Smith getting game time would help in that respect. He has been like a part of the support cast in a play - only really called on when the lead is sick, or Ally decides to go with 2 left backs...

Rangers have turned down a second, undisclosed bid fromNottingham Forest for Scotland international Lee Wallace, Sky Sports sources understand. Whilst Forest have been in talks with Rangers over Wallace, it is also believed that a deal to land David Vaughan from Sunderland - currently on loan at the club - is close

That from sky? More republican bullshit

We are in the Scottish first division.

No one is going to offer us 2-3 million for a player

Sadly, this is bang on the nail.

Amid all the negativity in the media, they say Wallace is the one saleable asset we have, but that we won't get the full value because of our position. That latter part is uncontroversial.

However, the media line is that we wouldn't get more than £500,000 and that we would bite your hand off for that. Strange that reality has countered the media view, twofold in this case, with the bid being almost double their estimate and the Club not rushing into it, even if they speculate that £1.4m would be sufficient.

On the other hand, hopefully they are right when they say Wallace would reject any move as he is happy at the Club and is happy to stay with us. Then we get full value from him on the pitch in the coming years, and a better fee if we do sell on then.