*****Official Rangers v Brechin City Match Thread*****

allgers

We have a game this Saturday at 3pm v Brechin City, and I expect to see Lee Wallace in his usual LB position.

Our last game against Brechin saw us escape with a 4-3 victory, can't see that happening tomorrow.

Another quality video, inspired.

Bell

Faure,Jig, Mohsni, Wallace.

Aird, Law, Templeton.

Shiels.

Little, Daly.

Macleod is unavailable.

3 nil to the Gers, Little, Daly and Shiels.

If Brechin up their game against us, I dare say we'll up our game against them, noticed that this season. When the wee teams come and sit back and try see out a draw, we usually struggle to get up for it.

Whereas with teams like Dunfermline, Brechin scoring 3 into us, Arbroath upping it, that's the only games I've seen us show any form of fight this season.

Bell

Foster Faure Mohsni Wallace

Aird Law Black Templeton

Jig Little

A man can dream, eh?

Let's hope we've improved from Saturday. Templeton has to be in the starting line up. All I'm asking is guys are put in a more natural position. Drop Daly, I don't care about goal scoring record, he's not good enough to be up there himself. Either that or put Little next to him.

My ideal team would be...

--------------Bell----------------

Foster---Faure---Mohsni----Wallace

-------Macleod-----Black----------

Aird-----------Law-------Templeton

-----------Little/Shiels----------

Play the ball on the deck and more importantly, get the ball played in the Brechin half, and find the space to create chances. No passing the ball around the back four, only to punt the ball up to Daly. This team is capable of so much more than what they are giving. As soon as we lose possession, press the ball straight away.

Let's hope we've improved from Saturday. Templeton has to be in the starting line up. All I'm asking is guys are put in a more natural position. Drop Daly, I don't care about goal scoring record, he's not good enough to be up there himself. Either that or put Little next to him.

My ideal team would be...

--------------Bell----------------

Foster---Faure---Mohsni----Wallace

-------Macleod-----Black----------

Aird-----------Law-------Templeton

-----------Little/Shiels----------

Play the ball on the deck and more importantly, get the ball played in the Brechin half, and find the space to create chances. No passing the ball around the back four, only to punt the ball up to Daly. This team is capable of so much more than what they are giving. As soon as we lose possession, press the ball straight away.

That is a good team, but there is just no chance Ally would drop Jig or Daly. I just wish he had the balls to change it about like this.

That is a good team, but there is just no chance Ally would drop Jig or Daly. I just wish he had the balls to change it about like this.

Don't think it actually matters who Ally plays, it's attitude, we play these small teams and they press the ball for 90 minutes, what do we do we let them play, on the few times we have needed too, we have adapted a more pressing game and the difference is night and day, as in the last 20 minutes against Arbroath.

Don't think it actually matters who Ally plays, it's attitude, we play these small teams and they press the ball for 90 minutes, what do we do we let them play, on the few times we have needed too, we have adapted a more pressing game and the difference is night and day, as in the last 20 minutes against Arbroath.

That is a good point. We seem to becstuck in first gear most of the time, and we very rarely have to raise our game. Airdrie in August, Brechin away and last week are the rare exceptions.

I would love us to be fired up and come out all guns blazing, but for whatever reason we are slow out of the traps.

The thing is, see if you press these wee teams from the beginning. I'm talking straight from the whistle, our players have superior fitness and so they should with the facilities available to them. It's only a matter of time before the opposition will weaken due to tiredness and that's when we go in for the kill. Everytime they have the ball we should be literally right up their arse, chasing down everything. Closing every gap. Not giving them a sniff of anything. It's what Barcelona have done so well for the last 5 or 6 years.

The thing is, see if you press these wee teams from the beginning. I'm talking straight from the whistle, our players have superior fitness and so they should with the facilities available to them. It's only a matter of time before the opposition will weaken due to tiredness and that's when we go in for the kill. Everytime they have the ball we should be literally right up their arse, chasing down everything. Closing every gap. Not giving them a sniff of anything. It's what Barcelona have done so well for the last 5 or 6 years.

It's what these teams are doing to us, it works.

You're talking too much sense...

The thing is, you'll never have that if you have Daly up front, and McCulloch in defence.

Daly's too slow for harrassing the defenders when they have the ball, and McCulloch sits too deep due to his lack of pace.

The defence needs to have a high line, and we need to have fast pacy players on the wings and up front. If you shut down everything, eventually it's going to lead to mistakes from the opposition, they lose space, they panic. Bang, there's goal. Bang, there's a chance. Bang there's a hopeless punt out the park for a Rangers shy. Pressure.

The thing is, you'll never have that if you have Daly up front, and McCulloch in defence.

Daly's too slow for harrassing the defenders when they have the ball, and McCulloch sits too deep due to his lack of pace.

The defence needs to have a high line, and we need to have fast pacy players on the wings and up front. If you shut down everything, eventually it's going to lead to mistakes from the opposition, they lose space, they panic. Bang, there's goal. Bang, there's a chance. Bang there's a hopeless punt out the park for a Rangers shy. Pressure.

You make some valid points,especially about the width in the team.I was screaming gor Ally to put on Templeton last week,this going through the middle or lumping high balls to Daly with no support is unacceptible.Our biggest problem is down the right,Faure is reluctant to cross the half way line,which in turn brings Aird deeper and he looks short of confidence when this occurs........

It works so well only one team have beat us all season ! Oh and one draw ! Great keep the tactic going

Can't argue with that, I'm sure our tactics are designed to draw the teams out, but if we played with a bit more tempo when we have the ball and put pressure on the opponent when they have the ball the fans would be a lot happier, it's simple.

According to the 'official' site, Lewis is out injured, so he won't be playing. I suspect Ally will try to fit in Peralta, although is Crawford not still available to us? No point in me trying to work out what team will be playing as nothing I ever want happens anyway, as well as not being up to speed on who's out on loan, or injured.

Anyway, conditions might have an effect on the game but I'll be my usual opptimistic self and go for a 3-0 home win. :thumbup: