Football fans hit by car thieves around Ibrox stadium during matches

Anyone had any problems with this. When parking up i have only seen the usual kids looking for a couple of quid to keep an eye on the motor.

Football fans are being targeted by thieves around Ibrox stadium during matches with police increasing patrols in an effort to catch criminals.

Extra high-visibility police patrols have now been deployed as a result as officers try to crackdown on the thefts.

The thieves are targeting vehicles parked around Rangers’ stadium in Glasgow’s Govan area, including Edmiston Drive and Broomloan Road.

Police Scotland said “extra resources” were being deployed in the area and gave advice to drivers.

Inspector John Haynes, said: "When parking, car owners should ensure all valuables are removed from the vehicle or, at the very least, hidden from sight.

"Park in a populated area where there are more people and vehicles passing and in areas with good lighting and CCTV cameras nearby.

"These simple actions should help stop a thief from targeting your vehicle."

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Officers are aware of the incidents and extra resources have been deployed. Enquiries are ongoing to trace those responsible."]

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/264217-cars-stolen-around-rangers-ibrox-stadium-on-match-days/

Mate parked at back of library, had his windows panned and they had a look through his cds (didn't take any - must of not been keen on orange tunes). Luckily the thick bastards didn't look in the glovey as there was a brand new Ipod in it :lol:

I've left my car back of the WRC, Copland Road and Vicarfield Street with a window wide open

overnight on seperate occasions with valuables sitting out (tomtom etc) and luckily nothings been touched.

Mate parked at back of library, had his windows panned and they had a look through his cds (didn't take any - must of not been keen on orange tunes). Luckily the thick bastards didn't look in the glovey as there was a brand new Ipod in it :lol:

I've left my car back of the WRC, Copland Road and Vicarfield Street with a window wide open

overnight on seperate occasions with valuables sitting out (tomtom etc) and luckily nothings been touched.

You tease.

Back in seventies went to our game at Parkhead. Parked up on a side street near some tenements, straight away a wee toddler about 3 or 4 came out the close, straight up to the car and started pulling at the hubcaps. Don't know if it had learned it from dad, or if it was just natural inbred kafflick behaviour.....

I live in a match parking street for Bears. Windows (until recently - hasn't happened for the last 6 months that I've seen) are routinely put in. At one point it was after every match and it was never where the locals parked. Obviously mhanky bastards doing it.

I know a guy that finished work later than usual the night dumfermline injured 4 of our players. He decided to go along to the game and parked his car near the broomloan stand and went to the game. Came back out and his back window was smashed and his work laptop and a couple of other things were stolen

Reminds me of the old joke when MoJo signed for us. He pulled up outside Ibrox and got out the car when a wee guy said;"Hey MoJo I'll watch yer motor fur a fiver"

MoJo pointed to a dog in the back seat of the car and said; "See that dug son! That's a rottweiler and it will stop anybody stealing my motor"

The wee guy smiled and said; Aye it might but can it put oot fires?" :thumbup:

Reminds me of the old joke when MoJo signed for us. He pulled up outside Ibrox and got out the car when a wee guy said;"Hey MoJo I'll watch yer motor fur a fiver"

MoJo pointed to a dog in the back seat of the car and said; "See that dug son! That's a rottweiler and it will stop anybody stealing my motor"

The wee guy smiled and said; Aye it might but can it put oot fires?" :thumbup:

haha I mind my auld man telling me a similar one when I was younger but the guy wasn't mojo and he said no and came back out after the game to a note saying aye but can he fix burst tires and all the tyres had been knifed lol

Ah bless the wee guys looking for a quid to watch your motor, is that too much to ask these days?!

I mind once at an old firm I was parking outside a keystore (I think) near Ibrox, wee cunts came round asking for money to watch the car, I had no change and knew there was no going back, had to give the wee cunts a tenner :lol: lesson learnt!

haha I mind my auld man telling me a similar one when I was younger but the guy wasn't mojo and he said no and came back out after the game to a note saying aye but can he fix burst tires and all the tyres had been knifed lol

Aye! I remember that one as well but iirc that was a true story that happened to a supporter, although I could be wrong as it was a long time ago.

Any time a take the car we park in the wee industrial estate where the marine reserves is and the guy who is looking for money is a wee junkie looking fucker. Any way was on the bus s back from an old firm game and the bus was going up helen street and low and behold who do I see dressed in full cellick gear the wee junky fucker who takes money of bears at the home games to watch your car.

I don't often drive to games, maybe 3 times a season, but when I do I park in the grounds of the old school (or whatever it was) across the road from Ibrox library. Wee Asian guy stands at the gate taking fivers. Load of them set up in a wee caravan, think they do a car wash service there aswell. Never had a problem there