Best Left Footed ger of all time?

billythebear1986

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my time I've had the pleasure of seeing; Eric Caldow, Johnny Hubbard, Billy Stevenson, Davy Wilson, Jim Baxter, Brian Laudrup, Davy Cooper, Jorg Albertz, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, so take your pick.

As i have only seen Laudrup, Coops, Van Bronkhorst, Albertz id still go Coops but closly followed by Laudrup. Btw hows things down under OZ?

As i have only seen Laudrup, Coops, Van Bronkhorst, Albertz id still go Coops but closly followed by Laudrup. Btw hows things down under OZ?

Things are pretty good here,mate! We actually had 2 days of rain during the week so that was big celebrations for us. :thumbup:

As to those you have mentioned above, Cooper would arguably be top of the 'left footed' greatest, although Laudrup was the better overall player.

I omitted the likes of Dave Smith because he was still an Aberdeen player before I moved to Australia, although I admired him when he played with the sheepies (we actually had a good rapport with that lot back in the day) and then of course we had the likes of Willie Johnston, Mark Walters, Quinty Young, Neil McCann, Arthur Numan, Davie Robertson, Ronald de Boer among others who had a great left peg on them.

Oh! and don't forget the one and only Ted McMinn :pipe:

Things are pretty good here,mate! We actually had 2 days of rain during the week so that was big celebrations for us. :thumbup:

As to those you have mentioned above, Cooper would arguably be top of the 'left footed' greatest, although Laudrup was the better overall player.

I omitted the likes of Dave Smith because he was still an Aberdeen player before I moved to Australia, although I admired him when he played with the sheepies (we actually had a good rapport with that lot back in the day) and then of course we had the likes of Willie Johnston, Mark Walters, Quinty Young, Neil McCann, Arthur Numan, Davie Robertson, Ronald de Boer among others who had a great left peg on them.

Oh! and don't forget the one and only Ted McMinn :pipe:

2 days without rain is cause for a party here mate :) I may be being optimistic but one day i hope we look at Lee Wallace in that category i know he's not Coops or Laudrup class but i reckon he could easily be considered along side Davie Robertson, Neil McCann or even Mark Walters despite not being a winger. I hope the level of opposition not just in the lower leagues but the pathetic state of the top league nowadays doesn't affect how we see Waldo in the future.

2 days without rain is cause for a party here mate :) I may be being optimistic but one day i hope we look at Lee Wallace in that category i know he's not Coops or Laudrup class but i reckon he could easily be considered along side Davie Robertson, Neil McCann or even Mark Walters despite not being a winger. I hope the level of opposition not just in the lower leagues but the pathetic state of the top league nowadays doesn't affect how we see Waldo in the future.

I'd agree with you about Lee Wallace because he's reasonably similar to how Davie Robertson used to bomb down the left wing.My reason for not including him is because we aren't playing in the top league,although I have no hesitation in saying he will actually get better as we progress.

For me, he stands out like a sore thumb beside the current lot of players we have at the moment.

Have to agree with you. In all my Rangers days Davie Robertson was the best , but Lee Wallace is up there with him.

I've been there for over 40 years now - so no mean feat by LW even considering where were at.

I'd agree with you about Lee Wallace because he's reasonably similar to how Davie Robertson used to bomb down the left wing.My reason for not including him is because we aren't playing in the top league,although I have no hesitation in saying he will actually get better as we progress.

For me, he stands out like a sore thumb beside the current lot of players we have at the moment.

Spot on Lees,our one real shining light along with potential like Macleod and one or two other young players. If we could get a right back with similar attacking abilitys we need not worry about wingers and just have wing backs with more spaces for either CM or even playing 3 up front say a central striker and two playing just off him.

Have to agree with you. In all my Rangers days Davie Robertson was the best , but Lee Wallace is up there with him.

I've been there for over 40 years now - so no mean feat by LW even considering where were at.

I hope Waldo can be half as successful at winning medals as Davie Robertson, that would be a wonderful return on his loyalty and would give us a great deal of success, considering our current position.

What about Arthur Numan if we're going down that road?

Shocked how few mention Gio has got.... probably had the best overall career of anyone mentioned so far.

Good point although going by Rangers career alone Gio didn't have quite the impact of Baxter, Coops or Laudrup but still a very talented player who played for the biggest club in the world and then also Barca and Arsenal :)