Missed the Stenny game - just how poor was the defence?

nvager

Was the defence just poor throughout or was it three aberrations?

Rate the full backs and CHs please.

There's highlights on the BBC website

First goal Faure all over the place

Second goal free header (which is astounding as his tactics are 11 men in the box for set pieces)

Third goal Cribari was stupid holding the guy in the box a ref like that didn't need much of an excuse to give the penalty

There's highlights on the BBC website

First goal Faure all over the place

Second goal free header (which is astounding as his tactics are 11 men in the box for set pieces)

Third goal Cribari was stupid holding the guy in the box a ref like that didn't need much of an excuse to give the penalty

Second goal wasn't a set piece though, it was a break down our left.

They broke faster than we could get back to cover them, which was pretty embarrassing. Even Wallace was treading water.

It was down to desire and will to give a bit extra. We don't have that for every game, that's why we very rarely get a 90 min performance.

They aren't motivated enough for me.

Stenny wanted it more, especially their no, 11, for reasons that became apparent when they announced the scorer.

I thought Wallace was extremely quiet on Saturday- which goes to show how much we rely on him for winning games.

I don't know whether it's a sign of a bad defence that the forwards from the other team scored from 75% of their on-target chances or whether it's a sign that the forwards were doing a decent job.

However, they made that wee fat turd Higgins look good for the second goal; he was up like a chubby salmon to fire the ball into the net.

I think the scoreline was quite flattering for Stenhousemuir as I don't feel they did enough to warrant 3 goals. They just seemed to score every time they went up the pitch (still with 6 men in and around their own 18 yard box, mind you).

So maybe, aye, the defence was rotten.

Defence was shocking, but in saying that the Ref did not help got all the key decisions wrong. Rangers should have won the game on saturday with ease but we made a rod for ourselves and got punished on the first two they scored, the pen for them well what can you say but it was just astonishing that it was given. I have got to say and say it all the time Ally ffs leave a player up the feckin park and stop inviting team to sit on us etc. we are playing PT teams not fucking Barc or Real Madrid.

The pairing of 2 players in central defence, one whose legs have gone and the other with no pace, one who has no defensive ability and the other who lacks interest and effort was an obvious problem to most before the game.

Add a bomb scare of a right back into the equation and a predominantly attacking full back who looked out of sorts and you have a defence that pub teams could run through.In saying that Stenny were running through our midfield very easily in the second half.

As for Jig, time to call it a day on his playing career.

That's a bit harsh.

As much as I think he should make way for youth he's been one of our best players this season.

To say he needs to jack it in because of one bad game, where he certainly wasn't the worst, is a bit of a jump.

One bad game?

He's been very poor for weeks now even with Mohsni beside him..

His legs have gone and his positional sense is shocking.

Hey his legs have gone - not ideal for a CH ---- League is won so time to perhaps try Faure/Bilel or Bilel/Luca at CB.

Could not be any worse than Saturday. If one of these pairings works we just need a replacement for Foster.

One bad game?

He's been very poor for weeks now even with Mohsni beside him..

His legs have gone and his positional sense is shocking.

I must be too easily pleased, as I see everyone else agrees with you.

I've never sat there thinking he's a major liability but, as I said, I do think it's time to make way for the future.

I've always thought he was holding up alright and started the season really well.

I must be too easily pleased, as I see everyone else agrees with you.

I've never sat there thinking he's a major liability but, as I said, I do think it's time to make way for the future.

I've always thought he was holding up alright and started the season really well.

Earlier in season we were that dominant our defence was barely tested.

In the past few months the teams performance levels have dropped, the defence has been tested more and it looks vulnerable.

You must be joking, he's hardly had one good game as a centre half

That's no true. I'm willing to accept I might be a bit lenient with his current performances but I'm sticking by my opinion regarding his form in the first half of the season.

I realise this is no sign of his defensive abilities but he's one our top scorers and was playing well at the start of the season. Although, to be fair, Moshni has seven goals for us too.

Ricky Foster and Cribari shouldn't be anywhere near our team.

As for Jig, time to call it a day on his playing career.

have to agree,im jigs biggest fan but you can see he doesnt have the legs anymore,his booking late on could have been a red card

as for the other 2 especially foster their bordering on slapstick!

the defence was pretty shocking to say the least. I just can't understand why mccoist played cribari. if as is suspected he has no future at the club why not play gasparotto or even mcausland to get some game time? after that display no one can say they would have done any worse..

Saturday was a strange one - it was the first game this season I could criticise Bell or Wallace for a lackluster display.

I can't necessarily blame Bell for letting the goals in, as every goal (bar the penalty, which he did get his hands on, unfortunately not enough to clear it) was the responsibility of the defence and the goalkeeper to clear.

Watching it on a link, it just didn't seem to me like Bell had control over the back four