G.E.C.

SOME STATS. FROM RANGERS V ALBION AT IBROX,

SHOTS AT GOAL-RANGERS 33 SHOTS AT GOAL-ALBION 3

CORNERS - RANGERS 14 CORNERS -ALBION 6

PLAYERS BOOKED-RANGERS 1 PLAYERS BOOKED -ALBION 4

POSSESSION- RANGERS 60% POSSESSION- ALBION 40%

MAKES YOU THINK!!!.

Welcome to the forum mclaren.

I'm actually in the minority of our support in thinking that the performance in the first game wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests. If we took a handful of the chances we created and won the game by two or three goals then no-one would have blinked an eyelid. I felt we dominated almost the entire match and your stats certainly back that up. It's so difficult breaking down teams which defend in such numbers and I think better Rangers teams from the past would have struggled just as much.

Anyway I'm confident of the victory on Monday night.

'Mon the Gers.

Welcome to the forum mclaren.

I'm actually in the minority of our support in thinking that the performance in the first game wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests. If we took a handful of the chances we created and won the game by two or three goals then no-one would have blinked an eyelid. I felt we dominated almost the entire match and your stats certainly back that up. It's so difficult breaking down teams which defend in such numbers and I think better Rangers teams from the past would have struggled just as much.

Anyway I'm confident of the victory on Monday night.

'Mon the Gers.

If only it was as simple as stats

Would be nice to start without the target man as it results in us pumping the ball all too often.

Faure is also a better centre back than McCulloch. The Peralta and Black partnership didn't work. Aird is more effective on the right than left but without Templeton and Little we are stretched.

Bell

Foster Faure Mohsni Wallace

Black Law

Crawford Shiels Aird

Clark

Agree that Faure is a better centre back than Jig,but our captain must play for his penalty skills alone.I would always have him in the team as he sets examples in application,better cf than Daly.You`re also spot on re Black/Peralta.

I thought McCulloch looked shattered today and did not play well at all. I wouldn't have Daly or McCulloch up front, it's too predictable. Albion Rovers will sit deep, expect the long ball, a physical battle. Get the ball down, pass, move, raise the tempo, drive them out of position, cut them open. Chances and numerous ones at that will be created and with the likes of Clark, Shiels and Law we know where the net is.

Or, we could match up to the opposition and play the way they expect us to.

We'll probably line up thus:

Bell

Foster Jig Mohsni Wallace

Crawford Black Law Aird

Daly Clark

I said on another thread that I think Monday will be another 'park the bus' tactic from Rovers and we will struggle to break it down. Hopefully we can get a few early goals and settle the game before HT.

Albion had nothing on Sunday apart from 11 men behind the ball and were gifted their goal. I agree better passing is the key and ensuring that Albion don't get what they're expecting.A couple of goals from us and they will capitulate.

Albion had nothing on Sunday apart from 11 men behind the ball and were gifted their goal. I agree better passing is the key and ensuring that Albion don't get what they're expecting.A couple of goals from us and they will capitulate.

When Albion park the bus we have to change our tactics. Long balls to the isolated Jon Daly play right into their hands.

Is Gallagher not a striker? Why are people picking him on the wing?

He's played on the right for the youths and played there today, beating a couple of men with ease.

Plus it's something that Albion Rovers can't really plan for as they won't know much about him at all.

He's played on the right for the youths and played there today, beating a couple of men with ease.

Plus it's something that Albion Rovers can't really plan for as they won't know much about him at all.

I wouldn't object but I'd be shocked if we gave him his first start in as big a game as this

SOME STATS. FROM RANGERS V ALBION AT IBROX,

SHOTS AT GOAL-RANGERS 33 SHOTS AT GOAL-ALBION 3

CORNERS - RANGERS 14 CORNERS -ALBION 6

PLAYERS BOOKED-RANGERS 1 PLAYERS BOOKED -ALBION 4

POSSESSION- RANGERS 60% POSSESSION- ALBION 40%

MAKES YOU THINK!!!.

Will go down in the record books as a red neck.