Hearts time running out

I find it rather worrying that they managed to get a point from Aberdeen with 10 men. They could've taken all three by all accounts. We could be in for a hell of fight next season.

Half that team will be gone next yr

If......they survive

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it would be a disgrace to see it sold off and used for something other than football.

It can't really be used for anything other than Football due the HSE classing it as a "Hazard zone"

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/06/scotland_whisky_vats_impeding_tynecastle_revamp_plans

More than likely it will be sold to an investor who would rent it back to Hearts. The main stand is falling to bits as well so they will have to move to a new ground sometime over the next 5-10 years anyway. They also can't build on that main stand side due to the explosion risk of the vats next to the ground.

I find it rather worrying that they managed to get a point from Aberdeen with 10 men. They could've taken all three by all accounts. We could be in for a hell of fight next season.

There's an unproven assumption in your statement that Aberdeen are a good team.

I honestly reckon I could give them a game on my own. Second of a bunch of shite is still shite, as is first, incidentally.

It can't really be used for anything other than Football due the HSE classing it as a "Hazard zone"

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/06/scotland_whisky_vats_impeding_tynecastle_revamp_plans

More than likely it will be sold to an investor who would rent it back to Hearts. The main stand is falling to bits as well so they will have to move to a new ground sometime over the next 5-10 years anyway. They also can't build on that main stand side due to the explosion risk of the vats next to the ground.

Rumoured that the main stand is riddled with asbestos as well, thats why its never been done up

They could be liquidated on Monday.

Chickens are coming home to roost. Hibs will now have financial issues since their attendances are likely to fall, unless they drop to the Championship.

Their wee spfl house of cards are about to tumble and I for one will take great pleasure in watching them fall one by one.

They could be liquidated on Monday.

Chickens are coming home to roost. Hibs will now have financial issues since their attendances are likely to fall, unless they drop to the Championship.

Where have you heard this? That is a pretty rapid turn of events.

Edit: Just seen the thread in Bears Den.

The added bonus of the Hearts situation is Hivs are going to be hit big time next season as well. 6 out of 10 of Hivs biggest gates over the last five years have been against them. Games against septic this season average 2000 less than against Hearts.

If Dundee don't go up as well that will mean no Major derby games in the top flight for the first time ever. Sky and bt must be looking at the Premiershit and be thinking wtf are we paying money for here? To broadcast Ross co vs Inverness on a cold wet winter night in front of 2 sheep and some farmers?

Armageddon is coming for the haters.

The added bonus of the Hearts situation is Hivs are going to be hit big time next season as well. 6 out of 10 of Hivs biggest gates over the last five years have been against them. Games against septic this season average 2000 less than against Hearts.

If Dundee don't go up as well that will mean no Major derby games in the top flight for the first time ever. Sky and bt must be looking at the Premiershit and be thinking wtf are we paying money for here? To broadcast Ross co vs Inverness on a cold wet winter night in front of 2 sheep and some farmers?

Armageddon is coming for the haters.

This made me wonder, see the wee teams (and that other lot) that always moan we get on the telly and other teams don't, I think Sky and BT may just show other games from the Championship next season, it'll be a more unpredictable league than the Premiership. (I still die a little inside everytime I call it that)

The big issue that people seem to be missing, is the fact that the demise of Hearts and subsequently other teams is only going to stifle our chances of returning to the later stages of Europe, and god willing greater success. If the SPFL were to "come down like a house of cards", that would be very damaging to our situation regarding long term European qualification.

Be careful what you wish for.

The big issue that people seem to be missing, is the fact that the demise of Hearts and subsequently other teams is only going to stifle our chances of returning to the later stages of Europe, and god willing greater success. If the SPFL were to "come down like a house of cards", that would be very damaging to our situation regarding long term European qualification.

youre definitely on glue are you deliberately trying to get people's backs up

youre definitely on glue are you deliberately trying to get people's backs up

No, I'm trying to take a reasoned and un-clouded judgement on the situation, do you not agree that if Scottish football were to collapse in the way some hope, that would be bad news for us?

No, I'm trying to take a reasoned and un-clouded judgement on the situation, do you not agree that if Scottish football were to collapse in the way some hope, that would be bad news for us?

im different from you my judgement is clouded by the fact that the spl clubs and their fans didnt just demote us but took great pleasure in it,as far as a clubs going to the wall effecting us in a negative way im prepared to take that chance

im different from you my judgement is clouded by the fact that the spl clubs and their fans didnt just demote us but took great pleasure in it,as far as a clubs going to the wall effecting us in a negative way im prepared to take that chance

I want what's best for our club, not what's worst for others. If both can be achieved then even better.

Absolutely mate, we need a strong league otherwise we will just stagnate.

I can understand that argument but the green and grey mob have brought in over £20m from Europe playing in the most uncompetitive premier league ever over the last 2 seasons.

I look at it from a different stand point in that the weaker our opposition are the easier it is to get into Europe as the scum have proved, that's why they wanted us voted out in the first place so they could bring in European money without any challenge.

Nah Rob, fuck them.