your first rangers kit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first ever Rangers top, I believe it was 1996/1997:

extra_football_shirt_2359_1.jpg

Prefered the nike tops between 1997-2001. One was also a McEwans sponsor (had a red stripe along the chest) and one was the first NTL: sponsor. Didn't buy anymore tops after that until 2008/2009, then 2009/2010. Missed out on the Tennants sponsored tops between 2010 and 2012. Bought the 2012/2013 umbro top and the current Blackthorn.

The earliest photo of me I can find is this strip.

3350158260_d7d286de61.jpg

It also had a McEwans Lager sponsor on it, nae PC bullshit in those days.

Yep, this in '87 for me. I can remember the feeling of getting it like it was yesterday. Wee chest puffed oot and all that. I'd only been going for a year or two. It's amazing how quickly you develop a pride in the shirt.

83, pinstripes. Full kit in a box. Them were the days.

Can't remember the name of the shop, on a corner over the road from the Tron - might still be there, never in that part of Glasgow. Used to see all these foreign strips, it was like an Aladdin's cave to a youngster. Happy memories.

83, pinstripes. Full kit in a box. Them were the days.

Can't remember the name of the shop, on a corner over the road from the Tron - might still be there, never in that part of Glasgow. Used to see all these foreign strips, it was like an Aladdin's cave to a youngster. Happy memories.

the shop you're talking about I think was roberts store

Do you remember the first rangers strip that was bought for you?

Mines was in Christmas 1978 and the full kit came in a box and think it came from Goldbergs

rangers_1978-1982-g.gifrangers-home-football-shirt-1978-1982-s_5023_1.jpg

snap, came in a box with shorts and socks, thing of beauty!!

That was my second strip, I had the plain blue one and you bought the badge and sewed it on, I got both of mine from Roberts store.

Was going to buy that strip a few month back, was a great condition but was £150. I think it was the start of the badges being pre sown and the kit in a box which was so cool.

The earliest photo of me I can find is this strip.

3350158260_d7d286de61.jpg

It also had a McEwans Lager sponsor on it, nae PC bullshit in those days.

That was my second, loved that kit. My first was the CR smith one. Also loved the Admiral kit we had in 91.