Which players have the management team improved?

Tumshie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as the management team, i believe the opposition and league we are in plays a part in the lack of progress our players have made individually.

Testing yourself against players of a similar or better standard provides the platform for progression but im not using that as an excuse, law, black, daly, templeton, shiels all looked pretty deacent in the top division so it was up to the to carry on that form in the lower divisions.

I would say aird has improved on last season down to experience and mcleod looks to have made slight progression again i think thats down to confidence and exposure, apart from that i cant think of anyone who has progressed in the first team.

Wallace has shown consistency that is all.

Make no mistake the spl players we bought are here for a payday and easy ride and they have fallen short of our expectations of them.

Another thread showing how spoilt and unrealistic some sections of our support have become.

Yip.

It's a disgrace some of us expect proven SPL and European experienced player to actually perform against part time teams who train once a week or to win a cup like the Ramsdens.

What a spoilt bunch we are....never mind guys earning a few grand a week failing to actually do their jobs.

Seems some of us lost our standards as Rangers men when we went into administration....Thank fuck they are few and far between.

when my team dominate for 90 minutes and wins 3-0, I am normally satisfied. Surprised not one thread of praise. Disappointing really, almost as negative as the DR, Sun, etc. Everyone entitled to their opinion just think a bit of balance is healthy.

I see in another thread (the John Daly one I'm sure) that our players only have to train 3 days a week ? Surely that's not the case ?

Well they kinda only have to, to let the muscles repair themselves, no point training 5 days a week, that give the players more chance to get injured by overtraining

If you train 5 days in a row working on cv and muscular endurance, then the muscle fibres tear in your body and need rest days inbetween.

I get that. What's to stop them practising set-pieces on the rest days, or even sitting in a classroom discussing tactics and football philosophy?

If you train 5 days in a row working on cv and muscular endurance, then the muscle fibres tear in your body and need rest days inbetween.

There should be a lot more the players can work on than just CV and muscular endurance, if indeed our players are training for a couple of hours just 3 days a week then to be honest it's hardly a surprise that many seem to be going backwards. Personally I think that's unacceptable

There should be a lot more the players can work on than CV and muscular endurance, if indeed our players are training for a couple of hours just 3 days a week then to be honest it's hardly a surprise that many seem to be going backwards. Personally I think that's unacceptable

The cv and muscular endurance was just something I picked out that they work on most about, its not all they work on, use your head and stop trying to disprove my theory.

Good question about sitting down and talking about tactics, I dont have the answer for that one sorry dude

TBH, if their going to take a full time wage from the club, I'd rather have them cleaning the Ibrox bogs on their rest days than sitting at home tweeting or playing FIFA.

The one nobody has mentioned... but aluko improved at us loads compared to when he was at the sheep!

Fair point actually. Although a lot of our players seem to sign, have a good few months and then performance dips drastically. Did Aluko not leave after less than a year?

when my team dominate for 90 minutes and wins 3-0, I am normally satisfied. Surprised not one thread of praise. Disappointing really, almost as negative as the DR, Sun, etc. Everyone entitled to their opinion just think a bit of balance is healthy.

We were rancid, Forfar just ran out of steam. Plenty of praise is given when we actually do put in a rare entertaining display.

The cv and muscular endurance was just something I picked out that they work on most about, its not all they work on, use your head and stop trying to disprove my theory.

Ha ha I'm not trying to disprove your theory ffs I just think it's not enough and I think the displays on the field prove my point.