Which players have the management team improved?

Tumshie

We have a history of developing goalkeepers well, and although it's hard to gauge in these leagues I think Cammy will develop into Scotland's no.1. Apart from that everybody else has gone backwards.

2 years in a row we have bought the standout players from the SPL and have made then look like mediocre championship players and that is a cause for massive concern. Some of the young guys we have brought through maybe, but you could argue that's just natural development coming with experience. Sheils, Templeton, Law, Daly, Black, Sandaza and co all got considerably worse.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loyalty to the club or to individuals?

I honestly believe the direction the club is currently heading in is going to cause us massive problems in the very near future. It is not about losing 3 games this season, it is not even about next season as I still believe we would go on and win the championship with the current management team (although I know others are even doubting that). But IMHO the club is nowhere near ready to being built towards challenging in SPL/Europe again and I see no evidence that the current management team have any plan/strategy in place (other than spend as much money as possible) to bridge that gap.

I really fear landing in the SPL, having wasted millions getting there and only then realising how far we are away from where we need to be and effectively have to start again a rebuilding process...or throw money at fixing the problem. Neither are particularly appealing to me!

We are an old fashioned dinosaur of a football club right now, with seemingly no intention of (or knowledge how to) modernising our ways in terms of tactics, player development, medium/long-term planning within the budget available. Short-term overpriced signings are, frustratingly, the norm.

For £7m we could field a team with a healthy mixture of good solid experienced pros and the pick of Scotlands youths (and further afield really!).

It is my unrelenting passion and desire for our clubs success that fuels my opinion and it is absolutely absurd to be question anyone's loyalty for wanting the best for our club!

Your second last paragraph - isn't that what we have ?

Id say any improvements ive seen would come naturally from a team playing together over a couple years. Nothing to indicate that the management has had any involvement in it.

Sometimes I feel we'd be right where we are even if we didnt have a manager. The Chairman should be able to say "right lads have a good game" and Rangers should go out and hammer the teams we've been playing. Instead we've spent god knows how much on 3 useless coaches who have done nothing tactically to improve the squads ability or attitude.

Its not only the physical ability of the players which is disappointing, its the overall attitude of players which I find appauling. Something that any manager should be able to fix, especially the manager of Rangers FC. The fact that some of our players look as uninterested as they did 2 years ago shows what kind of manager Ally is.

According to the interview with Black on the official site

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6780-i-want-more-of-the-same

“We get paid to do a job and be professional. The manager certainly won’t let us slacken off because he keeps us on our toes all the time."

So there we have it. The players are just crap an immune to training and development.

According to the interview with Black on the official site

http://www.rangers.c...ore-of-the-same

"We get paid to do a job and be professional. The manager certainly won't let us slacken off because he keeps us on our toes all the time."

So there we have it. The players are just crap an immune to training and development.

Ian Black is a fud

According to you there is no one and nothing at the club that you rate - go figure

Correctamundo. Aside from Wallace, Macleod and Bell, the whole lot need clearing out.

If we bring in a new manager who somehow manages to get the current crop of lads playing descent football, I'll stand corrected.

Ally is the #1 problem, and he needs to go pronto.

According to you there is no one and nothing at the club that you rate - go figure

Compared to what we once we're it doesnt surprise me that some feel this way. When you look at the attitude people like Ally, Novo, Barry Feguson etc had and compare it with the way todays players act its night and day.

Players like that would be gutted with the defeats weve suffered recently, todays players act like "we tried, and who the fuck are you to question it?"

I know for a fact European sides have the players training 2 times a day ..With our super team you would think they would maybe try that as opposed to once a day when if anything these players need it more .

European sides apart from Real Madrid and Barca and any other one you care to google...... Facts eh?

Some good news spread right after morning training session today, as Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta and Cristian Tello joined the rest of the team. All three are still awaiting the medical clearance but they were able to complete full training sessions.

Dani Alves did specific work apart from the group. Barça B youngsters Adama and Dongou joined the senior team once again. Now all thoughts of the team are fixed on Wednesday’s game against Celtic. Tomorrow at 11:00 they will participate in a training session at the Ciutat Esportiva and will have a specific strategy meeting and, as usual before important games, will stay overnight at the Hotel Princesa Sofía. The final training session will be held on Wednesday, 11th December at 11:30.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/tag/training/#ixzz2z3j2rzVo

Cristiano Ronaldo practices around 5 times per week in Real Madrid training camp, Valdebebas, depending on the games schedule they have that week. On average, he trains around 3-4 hours per day and follows a strict diet plan. In the "Regresso dos Incríveis 2010" documentary (it can be seen inside the "Videos section), Ronaldoalso assumed that he respects a lot his sleeping hours and that he likes to go to bed early at night, so he can get up early as well

European sides apart from Real Madrid and Barca and any other one you care to google...... Facts eh?

Some good news spread right after morning training session today, as Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta and Cristian Tello joined the rest of the team. All three are still awaiting the medical clearance but they were able to complete full training sessions.

Dani Alves did specific work apart from the group. Barça B youngsters Adama and Dongou joined the senior team once again. Now all thoughts of the team are fixed on Wednesday’s game against Celtic. Tomorrow at 11:00 they will participate in a training session at the Ciutat Esportiva and will have a specific strategy meeting and, as usual before important games, will stay overnight at the Hotel Princesa Sofía. The final training session will be held on Wednesday, 11th December at 11:30.

Read more: http://www.totalbarc.../#ixzz2z3j2rzVo

Cristiano Ronaldo practices around 5 times per week in Real Madrid training camp, Valdebebas, depending on the games schedule they have that week. On average, he trains around 3-4 hours per day and follows a strict diet plan. In the "Regresso dos Incríveis 2010" documentary (it can be seen inside the "Videos section), Ronaldoalso assumed that he respects a lot his sleeping hours and that he likes to go to bed early at night, so he can get up early as well

Those pesky facts, "dependin on games schedule" and also that is just Ronaldo. Not Real Madrid and who is injured right now for Madrid oh that's right Ronaldo.

Those pesky facts, "dependin on games schedule" and also that is just Ronaldo. Not Real Madrid and who is injured right now for Madrid oh that's right Ronaldo.

Good riposte apart from the fact I mention BARCA and Real Madrid and the Ronaldo piece is four years old.

Mind you maybe if he trained twice a day he would be a better player and have less injuries :thumbup:

Good riposte apart from the fact I mention BARCA and Real Madrid and the Ronaldo piece is four years old.

Mind you maybe if he trained twice a day he would be a better player and have less injuries :thumbup:

So your post is so old and training schedules have changed since now those two teams back then now have different backroom staffs and managers?

The fact is it isnt (or shouldnt be) that diffcult to give the players and extra hour or two in training every day until performances improve. The simple fact is Ally hasnt done everything in his power to imrove the team which is what every manager should do. I wouldnt last long in my job if I refused an extra hour here and there and im not on 10k a week.

So your post is so old and training schedules have changed since now those two teams back then now have different backroom staffs and managers?

The Ronaldo post is from 2010, the Barca post from this year. The point is, and I'm typing this slowly so you get it, that to say 'I know for a fact that the European teams train twice a day' as the OP did, is frankly, nonsense.

In essence our full season has been a total disaster due to three defeats, the other Forty one games we played this season don’t count as,

A. They are made up of plumbers and postmen.

B. We actually won these games before a ball was kicked.

C. Our style of play is not up to standard.

D. The squad do not train hard enough.

E. Our players have all regressed.

F. Ally doesn’t know when to make subs.

G. Ally doesn’t wave his arms about enough.

H. Durrant has his hands in his pockets too much.