If Ally Hadn't Played For Us

JamieG54

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still struggle to work out why Walter thought Ally would make it as a manager, he is FAR too paly with players and hasn't got 'it' to be a gaffer.

I genuinely find it insane that he didn't go away for a year and manage somewhere and gain experience. How the hell did he think he could just make the step up. And for those who will say well Walter did when Souness left, Walter had worked with Dundee Utd and Scotland before he got the job and was an actual football manager, Ally is a tv pundit.

In Ally!

Strange how supporting our manager can be wrong in some posters eyes - go figure! I also note you don't comment on the repetitiveness of the Ally bashing comments by 5 or six regular poster who post far more negative comments in these threads than I do positive!

I don't have a problem with people having an opinion on the manager regardless of what that may be.

My opinion is that he may have won back to back titles and had a lot to deal with away from the football but he has been well rewarded and has squandered needless millions in the process. He has not developed the team at all whilst his cup record is atrocious and we have lost 10 cup ties against teams with limited resources when compared to us.

I have no problem with anyone supporting the manager but I feel it is misplaced loyalty.

I still struggle to work out why Walter thought Ally would make it as a manager, he is FAR too paly with players and hasn't got 'it' to be a gaffer.

I genuinely find it insane that he didn't go away for a year and manage somewhere and gain experience. How the hell did he think he could just make the step up. And for those who will say well Walter did when Souness left, Walter had worked with Dundee Utd and Scotland before he got the job and was an actual football manager, Ally is a tv pundit.

McCoist spent more time working as an assistant than Smith did.

Would he still be getting so much support?

In my opinion after a bad result I would say 90% of people on here want Ally out. Then a few days pass and people change their mind and it drops to maybe 60%. So we win yesterday 4-0 and people seem to forget Raith and Utd Hibs.

If Ally had played somewhere else during his career would he still be given the same treatment?

He has had coaching experience working under Smith and Duval but I cant grasp why so many people keep letting bad results get brushed under the carpet. Is it because you see Ally as a player hero?

Don't talk alot of fucking shite. Could not give a fuck if we won 4-0 yesterday i still want him either to resign or be sacked.

Been saying it for 2 years. Just because we win 4-0 against no marks doesn't mean people forget.

Where do you get this pish from?

I don't have a problem with people having an opinion on the manager regardless of what that may be.

My opinion is that he may have won back to back titles and had a lot to deal with away from the football but he has been well rewarded and has squandered needless millions in the process. He has not developed the team at all whilst his cup record is atrocious and we have lost 10 cup ties against teams with limited resources when compared to us.

I have no problem with anyone supporting the manager but I feel it is misplaced loyalty.

Well everything you have just mentioned there i do have a problem with people still supporting him. McCoist is building fuck all at Rangers he wants to spend money every season. Has he learned fuck all?

He's had a chance to do things differently he's had 2 years to do it and he still does the same shite.

The fact that he is a Rangers legend and a Rangers man makes it even more disgraceful. Thats exactly how i feel about him.

Don't talk alot of fucking shite. Could not give a fuck if we won 4-0 yesterday i still want him either to resign or be sacked.

Been saying it for 2 years. Just because we win 4-0 against no marks doesn't mean people forget.

Where do you get this pish from?

You obviously need to read that post again.

I think he might be getting a bit less stick if he hadn't played for us with such distinction. We would moan about the performances when they were awful and the few bad defeats we had of course but would probably be happy enough overall to be winning and moving up the leagues easily, and perhaps more forgiving on the manager because of this. All conjecture anyway.

He may well become a great manager but he is not at the moment

We need a great manager and Rangers should never be your first club

Alright Walter did it I think, but he had great experience as an assistant

Souness , Walter , Ally - all 3 first time managers at Rangers

Another one of these silly what if ... to be negative about Ally threads.

Fact is if Ally had never played for us we would not have had the joy of our greatest ever goalscorer, many trophies where he was the difference and league titles where he was the edge. If someone thinks that gives him more leeway as a manager, damned right it does. Does it mean he has carte blanche to screw up?...no.