Stevie smith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect lee Wallace to be sold this summer. Stevie Smith has been a decent stand in, his cross into the box for shiels goal was first class.

Do not accept that - if we sell Wallace this summer to paper a financial crack we are kidding ourselves. How much do we lay out next transfer window for a replacement with no guarantee of an equivalent quality. This takes nothing away from Stevie Smith, quite the opposite - I think our left side is sorted because of his presence and we should concentrate on other areas of the team.

Wallace at left mid is.. :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

He likes to get forward.. but he does this by running from deep - into spaces that are created by the midfielder infront of him. He doesn't have the pace or the technical ability to be an out and out winger.

It's one or the other.. both do not fit into the same starting 11. McCoist gets a silly amount of stick for trying to shoe horn players into the starting 11, yet here we are trying to do the same!

I slagged him off along with Foster…..I was wrong, his work rate is good and his free kicks are excellent…..

sorry..I was wrong.. :(

You are forgiven, Smith was judged by many before he played a game for Rangers, but thats what football fans do...

I know the guy who was under 16 coach when Smith came through Murray park with the likes of Adam, Burke and Hutton and always said Smith was the best of the bunch.

He looked it when he first broke in to the team, I thought he looked a lot better than Hutton. Then injuries hit him. Glad he's doing well now, always seemed like a good professional.

was very impressed when he first emerged into the starting 11 from the youth team. Never seemed to rediscover form after injury. Our second half performance today made me wonder if Wallace could play infront in the left midfield role, as previously mentioned.

Satisfied with his involvement the last 4/5 weeks