406 members have voted

1. 1. as title

• yes
    • no

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing... disastrous... embarrassing... heads must roll... and quickly.

Now, how about on the park...? Phase Two complete and a huge improvement on last season. Once the league was won it was a grind.

Also, really should have won at least one of the cups. How we lost that game 3-1 to United I will never know.

I am sure some of you folk actually watched a game at some time and noticed we were just a tad short of any fucking tactical awareness or style of play.

Maybe not who am I to know, but if I put Man Utd in the Northern Conference league with the budget WAY out of proprtion to the others I would not be surprised if they won by a record margin either.

That's our biggest claim to fame just now? A record points victory over part timers? Seriously?

Its a difficult question to answer because we have achieved our primary objective which was to gain promotion and we have done this scoring over 100 goals winning 33 games and remaining unbeaten

However not winning the Ramsdens cup is unacceptable and even though we were missing players for Forfar in the league cup it was still a humiliation.

The Scottish Cup was slightly better but we still shot ourselves in the foot against Dundee Utd.

All in all I'd say this season has been more negative than positive especially with the boardroom pish still rumbling on but defining it as either a success or a failure is too simplistic.

Somewhere in the middle of those two for me (tu)

Off the park has been a fucking embarrassment yet again and the sooner that circus comes to an end the better. On the park, we went the entire league season undefeated, scored plenty of goals and conceded very few so yes it was a success. There were some obvious low points and disappointments but roll on next season and stage 3 of the journey

I've said thus on a few occasions, the Ramsden's is a joke of a trophy and we really shouldn't enter it next season. I don't want to see it amongst our honours list in years to come.

Scared we won't win it for a 3rd time? If we were going for three in a row I bet you would've been chuffed.

It's a no for me. The football has gone backwards and the youngsters have not had a lookin because Ally thought it was more important to go through the season unbeaten. Then after scraping a draw in the last game the first thing I read is Ally wants to sign Craig Gordon. Makes me wonder what I'll be watching next season

Scared we won't win it for a 3rd time? If we were going for three in a row I bet you would've been chuffed.

Sorry, total disinterest in this competition. As I have said , it is a poor competition. However, if we decided to give the youth team their chance to shine in the Ramsden's then I can see the point in it.

Not at all.

League was won before a ball was kicked. To go unbeaten was a good record - the standard of football on show was terrible. Unbeaten and unwatchable.

We failed to win a cup, which is simply not good enough. The unbeaten league record got in the road of that.

The football may have improved ever so slightly on the previous season, but it still was no where near good enough. Tactics, formations, choice of personnel, attitude, performances - very poor. For the last three seasons the set pieces have been poor, we haven't worked on certain areas and the same basic mistakes/errors have occurred.

We never gave any of the younger lads a chance. Only MacLeod and Aird got proper game time, even after the league was won, even after certain players were not producing and it was glaringly obvious that they needed a rest/break.

McCoist achieved the bare minimum with a squad that should be producing so much more. Defeats to Forfar and Raith Rovers should have seen him removed from his position.

Next season will be a much bigger test. Tougher games, better standard, atmosphere and more pressure. The manager and players will have to change their way. Some are in for a real shock!

Nope. An unbeaten run in any league is nothing to be sniffed at but it's been an absolute slog and not enjoyable in the slightest. Add this to the cup defeats, lack of progression from last season in respect to tactics and youth and the fact that all our players have markedly got worse as the season has continued and you could say it's been a bit of a shambles.

It's a hard question. On paper, it looks like a success.

• Unbeaten in the league
  • Ramsden Cup final defeat to a plucky underdog
  • Scottish Cup Semi finalist, losing to higher league opposition

But.... in reality we've been dire for large parts of the season. I fully appreciate that it is unrealistic to blow teams away every week, there will be games we need to grind out, and plucky teams who raise there game, putting in the performances of their lives. However.... we've been scraping through far, far too many games, perhaps getting fortunate not to of slipped up more than we have. That kinda builds onto my point.

The team/club hasn't moved forward much this season. If we had achieved the same success on paper, but the general feeling around the direction the club was taking was positive... then I think most would regard this season as successful. Like most fans, I do not like the direction we have been heading both on and off the park.

As it is, a yardstick of success isn't just winning League One (which we were 1/50 to win pre-season) but is preparing ourselves for the SPFL.... as it is, we have probably failed in this regard as a major rebuilding job is still required once we get there, and there is still no footballing infrastructure or obvious footballing plan or philosophy to aid us towards being ready. Both the coaching staff and the boardroom take responsibility for these failings.

Defeat in the first round of the cup to Forfar.

It doesn't even look good on paper.

It's a hard question. On paper, it looks like a success.

• Unbeaten in the league
  • Ramsden Cup final defeat to a plucky underdog
  • Scottish Cup Semi finalist, losing to higher league opposition

But.... in reality we've been dire for large parts of the season. I fully appreciate that it is unrealistic to blow teams away every week, there will be games we need to grind out, and plucky teams who raise there game, putting in the performances of their lives. However.... we've been scraping through far, far too many games, perhaps getting fortunate not to of slipped up more than we have. That kinda builds onto my point.

The team/club hasn't moved forward much this season. If we had achieved the same success on paper, but the general feeling around the direction the club was taking was positive... then I think most would regard this season as successful. Like most fans, I do not like the direction we have been heading both on and off the park.

As it is, a yardstick of success isn't just winning League One (which we were 1/50 to win pre-season) but is preparing ourselves for the SPFL.... as it is, we have probably failed in this regard as a major rebuilding job is still required once we get there, and there is still no footballing infrastructure or obvious footballing plan or philosophy to aid us towards being ready. Both the coaching staff and the boardroom take responsibility for these failings, and I would like to see changes on both fronts.

In all, I voted yes it was a success, despite the bar for success being set very low and us using the metaphorical sledgehammer to crack a nut, we achieved the primary objective with record statistics. It should also be noted, despite me voting for the season being a success - I've never felt as negative about Rangers as I currently do.

Another good post badger

I actually find it embarrassing that some of you view winning this league as a success....we were playing against teams who's players effectively play football as a hobby.

It is probably worth saying that voting yes is not saying the season has been great, there aren't problems, etc. it is saying that we basically had a success criteria and met it. If the question was 'are you happy with this season?' Then people may have voted even more negatively.