Do you regard this season as a success?

do you regard this season a success?  

406 members have voted

1. 1. as title

• yes
    • no

It is a success because we achieved what we had to achieve.

It is not an unqualified success because not winning the Ramsdens was embarrassing.

See when we were told all the big signings were to help us win a cup, winning at least the Ramsdens became part of what we had to do. We didn't therefore the season cannot be considered a success considering the wage outlay. If we had said we are only concentrating on winning promotion and put out a team of youngsters and a few experienced players then i would say it had been a success but not for a 7million wage outlay.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Theres not a single football fan who would be impressed by our play this season. Bare minimum achieved everything else thrown down the drain due to bad managers and disgraceful attitude from overpaid players. The board are getting away with ridiculous wages and 100% bonuses because theyve got the utter dross on pitch to keeping us distracted. The state the club is in and we're worrying more about the manager and that just shows how bad the football is.

Yes.

We have to realise where we are at this moment in time, and the target was to win the league, and we won it....undefeated.

No doubt the cups were disappointing, but id rather win the league than a cup.

If we didn't win the league, it would have been a failure.

Just because it isn't a failure, doesn't make it a success

To those saying it has been a success....go back and read all the comments from ally, the coaches and players at the start if the season re our targets.....have they been achieved? In short. No!

If we can't be bothered could you give us a link?

Yes.

We have to realise where we are at this moment in time, and the target was to win the league, and we won it....undefeated.

No doubt the cups were disappointing, but id rather win the league than a cup.

The league was in the bag before a ball was kicked

The league and Ramsden cup was a bare minimum this season

Embarrassed by Forfar and Raith rovers and we should have had a Scottish cup final against St Johnston to be looking forward to

But alas ally worked his magic and managed to fuck them all up

Unbeaten run means fuck all

Piss off mccoist with your shitey scared negative football against part timers

He making the players believe mediocrity is exceptable at rangers which is fucking NOT we should have a superiority complex over ever team in Scotland but mccoist is trying his best to fuck that up as well

He is weak and toothless and is scared to upset people in case he gets bad press

Please go in the summer

I've said yes but only because it's phase 2 completed.

No one can deny the statistics are there, ie unbeaten in the league and 104 points.

I know the football has been crap but I suppose facts are facts so all in all the season has been a success.

I've said thus on a few occasions, the Ramsden's is a joke of a trophy and we really shouldn't enter it next season. I don't want to see it amongst our honours list in years to come.

What an idiotic post.

NO.

It may be nice to go unbeaten in this League, but hardly a surprise given the resources we have.

League Cup..... Total disaster and embarrassed by Forfar.

Scottish Cup... Not much better given our luck in the cup draws and failure to Dundee Hibs.

Ramsden Cup.... Disaster. A diddy cup for diddy teams which we couldn't even win.

The standard of football was dire and not at all entertaining.

Going for the unbeaten League run, with the League won weeks ago, we threw away the chance to blood our youngsters, so a complete waste of Murray Park in that aspect. All for the ego trip of a unflattering and out of his depth manager.

Nope.

Absolutely fed up of the turgid pish that gets displayed on a weekly basis. Almost said poor tactics when in fact there is only one. And as if to emphasise what we're paying for, the Everton game is on and they are advertising new season ticket prices of £540 - which is £40 more than mine. Totally fukt off with the whole situation at the moment. Hoping for big things from the Board during the summer...

The league was in the bag before a ball was kicked

The league and Ramsden cup was a bare minimum this season

Embarrassed by Forfar and Raith rovers and we should have had a Scottish cup final against St Johnston to be looking forward to

But alas ally worked his magic and managed to fuck them all up

Unbeaten run means fuck all

Piss off mccoist with your shitey scared negative football against part timers

He making the players believe mediocrity is exceptable at rangers which is fucking NOT we should have a superiority complex over ever team in Scotland but mccoist is trying his best to fuck that up as well

He is weak and toothless and is scared to upset people in case he gets bad press

Please go in the summer

Mediocrity doesnt equate to an unbeaten league season, come on mate.

The cups were dissapointing to say the least, agreed. And I agree that the season was won before a ball was kicked, but if you ask anyone involved in football, you cant just turn up and win, you have to earn it.

Seems to me its only some fans and pundits claiming this seasons a failure, no ex pros or coaches are claiming this, why is that? Because they know the script, gaining promotion is the be all and end all.

I want us to play amazing football every week, win every cup etc just as much as you, but im looking at it realistically. Some of our fans come across as spoilt tbh, you cant call an unbeaten season a failure, regardless of how much ambition we all have regarding standards of play, cups etc.

Yes for me we set out to win the title & we did at a canter, the Forfar cup game was piss, we should have beat raith in the Ramsden final & scumdee united are the jammiest bastards on the planet.....

It's has been pish to watch at times & I was as frustrated as anyone, next season will be the big test for McCoist. He has my backing 100% my season tickets are renewed & I'm looking forward to next season.

No, absolute bare minimum achieved. I dont think people would mind if we saw progress in the team, we could forgive and forget, but the truth is the team hasnt improved much and is light years from where we need to be. McCoist will be in charge next year, but in a much harder league, and more chances of catching the scum in cup games, I can see us struggling again.