Black to be new captain?

MisterC

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McCulloch should be passing the baton now anyway, I think he should be club captain but Lee Wallace should be First team skipper with Kenny Miller as the Vice.

Black isn't Rangers captain material, never has been and never will be, he isn't an example to Rangers FC, Rangers Players or Rangers fans - he isn't someone to be proud of, someone to aspire too or someone that befits that role.

Anyone else heard that Ian Black is going to be our new captain? Seems jig is not going to play much this season if he stays and given Black was Hearts captain he is going to be the same with us. Not sure he is the man for the job but then again it May be what he needs to pull his finger out of his arse

I really hope this isn't the case for the following reasons:

1 - Black is neither the calibre of player nor person (bettign scandals, drug problems, other on adn off field antics) that shoudl have the honour of captain bestowed upon him - terrible expample to young players and fans

2 - Following on form the above, this speaks volumes for the way the squad is managed by McCoist and his team if Aly considers him to be worthy of the armband and is liikely to see a further decline in the standards set of a Rangers player - which are already some way away from those set by Bill Struth and other managers form our past who ensured our players lived, played and trained by lofty standards

3 - It either signals Lee Wallace has been over-looked, or worse that Wallace will not be a Rangers player next season. He is after all our most saleable asset

Is this for real? I thought it was a wind-up yesterday. I don't like Black and I never will as I think he is scum through and through and is a poor excuse of a man. What type of example would this set to our young players? This would be a shocking decision if true but nothing would surprise me these days.

Is this for real? I thought it was a wind-up yesterday. I don't like Black and I never will as I think he is scum through and through and is a poor excuse of a man. What type of example would this set to our young players? This would be a shocking decision if true but nothing would surprise me these days.

This is as real as Saurez being the new face of Colgate.

Black shouldn't even be a Rangers player.

His assault on Jelavic seems to have been consigned to history whilst his arse shouldn't have touched the ground for betting against our club.

His performances have been abysmal and in no way have they represented value for money. It also says everything about our club that he went from Man of the match in an Edinburgh derby Scottish Cup Final when his team humiliated their rivals to an anonymous performance against part time opposition in a Mickey mouse cup for us.

Was there any basis for this thread or is it just a piece of rumour mongering?

I can't see anyone making Black our captain, let alone someone like Ally who knows the Club doing it.

of course there is a basis to this thread i wouldn't have started it otherwise