What's your best ever season following Rangers?

GOAT

Been following the bears since my maw used to drag me along as literally a baby, but for me the season in the 3rd division was my most enjoyable, but it never really had much to do with football, it was the away trips on my bus, they were unreal and I hardly seen much fitbaw tbh, used to go in and stand for 5 minutes then fuck off to the pub. A brilliant season on our bus and was a good laugh. Especially Elgin and Peterhead.

Even though we didn't win the league, the Manchester season wins it for me hands down.

From my first Euro trips early on in the season (Lyon & Barcelona) to managing to get a ticket for Lisbon at the last minute and then finally heading down to Manchester on the Monday before the final and it already being a sea of blue absolutely everywhere will live with me forever. Every game that year was exciting and if it wasn't for the ambulance chasers postponing the NY derby we would have went on to win the title. Still won't forgive the cretins at the SPL either for pandering to the tarriers and using their fantasy Japan tour as the reason for not agreeing to postpone the games before the UEFA final.

Still though, what a season and a special mention has to go to Davie Weir and Carlos Cuellar who were sensational from the first game to the last and obviously Nacho for THAT penalty.

Fuck me, brilliant memories and makes me proud to be a bear. :praise:

The run to Barcelona. I was fortunate enough that year to have my dad earning enough that we went to every Rangers Euro game that year except for the first round away match.

The two last game of the season deciders a few seasons ago were obviously great - but mainly for those one days only.

I really enjoyed the 1992/3 season. I was living in Cessnock at the time and have never forgotten the sense of anticipation before the European games, nor the roars from the stadium on the nights I was unable to get in. All part of SDM's era. So a little hypocritical on my part as I struggle to forgive him for the damage caused.

I will never forget the moment Hately was sent off against Brugge- reacting to constant provocation- something's don't change.

The treble season of '77-'78

McCloy

Jardine Jackson Forsyth Greig

McLean Russell MacDonald Cooper

Johnstone Smith

For all sorts of reasons I've never been happier than when following Rangers during that season.

Cooper signed in '77.

Jock Wallace was our manager.

Big DJ at the peak of his powers.

Sandy Jardine - now that's what I'd call a Rangers class right back.

For me it was 86-87. I went to my first game in in the 75-76 season, but didn't start going regularly till 78-79 so from then I'd had to watch us being second best to celtic, aberdeen, and even dundee united. Then in 1986 Souness arrived and everything changed overnight, resulting in us winning the league that season for the first time i was old enough to enjoy it.

A close second would be the year we beat Leeds United and had a good run in the Champions League.

Even though we didn't win the league, the Manchester season wins it for me hands down.

From my first Euro trips early on in the season (Lyon & Barcelona) to managing to get a ticket for Lisbon at the last minute and then finally heading down to Manchester on the Monday before the final and it already being a sea of blue absolutely everywhere will live with me forever. Every game that year was exciting and if it wasn't for the ambulance chasers postponing the NY derby we would have went on to win the title. Still won't forgive the cretins at the SPL either for pandering to the tarriers and using their fantasy Japan tour as the reason for not agreeing to postpone the games before the UEFA final.

Still though, what a season and a special mention has to go to Davie Weir and Carlos Cuellar who were sensational from the first game to the last and obviously Nacho for THAT penalty.

Fuck me, brilliant memories and makes me proud to be a bear. :praise:

EDIT: Anyone know how to embed videos? Made a right james blunt of that...

Aye. Remove the s from https so it just reads http.

1986/87 - Souness revolution and the first title win in nearly a decade. Can still name the team off-by-heart.

1 - Woods

2 - Nicholl / Roberts

3 - Munro

4 - Souness

5 - McPherson

6 - Butcher

7 - Ferguson

8 - McMinn / Fleck

9 - McCoist

10 - Durrant

11 - Cooper

Legends, one and all.