Why did we sign Boyd?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sums up our total confusion with the way McCoist sends his team out to play.

He is in the record books due,largely, to the playing style we adopted in the days when he was banging them in(and the quality of the guys supplying him which,admittedly,isn't there now).

So,why does he produce this sterile anti-football guff?

The last couple of years have seen a missed opportunity of gigantic proportions and it's set to continue.

He is maybe making sure that his record never gets broken while he can help it?

This video shows you why we signed Kris Boyd!

We should playing to his strengths and putting plenty of crosses into the box and through balls not lumping the ball 50 yards from the defense to him. Those saying he is "lazy", "immobile" etc look at some of those goals...

0:26 seconds into the video; he doesn't look lazy or immobile when scoring that goal...the very next goal on around 0:49 seconds; again a good turn of pace and a good finish...1:09 seconds he plays a brilliant 1-2 and uses his pace and strength to get past the defenders and score...then again at 5:55 seconds he shows good pace and a bit of skill before another good finish! Don't get me wrong he scores a lot from inside the box (headers etc.) but its too easy to brandish him lazy and past it when really he could be very good for us for a couple of seasons yet!

On a slight side track, the young boy MacKenzie looks very good!

tripe. What on earth makes you think Boyd will be finished by the age of 31?

I'd argue a player like Boyd, who has never relied on pace, will be good for at LEAST another 3 seasons, possibly more.

I didn't say Boyd would be finished at the age 31 just finished with us next season as we chase down Celtic.

I honestly think, Ally, or whoevers taking care of his transfers recently, does not have a clue what they're doing.

IMO, if they knew Boyd was signing, they wouldnt have went after Miller, and if they knew Zaliukas was available, McGregor wouldnt have came in.

I agree, boyd needs miller and at least 2 creative types to lay them on a plate for him otherwise he is useless.

Allys budgets have been considerably less than smiths and souness' though. Ally played in some of our greatest sides ever whereas he is managing our worst side ever.

Who were the 2+ creative types who laid them on a plate for Boyd at Kilmarnock 22 times last season?

Why did we sign Boyd ?

I think it has something to do with him being the best predatory striker in Scottish football, and also the fact he was avaliable on a free transfer.

ffs some people just love to be negative and be critical of all things Rangers.

It's only pre-season get a grip of yourselves.

:uk: vote naw

Taking the past out of the equation, we've just signed the second highest scorer in last year's SPFL to come and play for us in the championship (Chris Commons wasn't available i'm told.....), and it's only a 1 year contract so logic dictates that he should be busting a gut all season in the hope of getting an extension.

I just can't see how anyone (apart from the irrational and the greetin' faced) could deem this a bad bit of business for us.

give him a couple more weeks to get back to full fitness, and he will be banging them in again, providing we give him decent service.

Give him till mid season and he'll have put on all the weight he's managed to shift while wotking with teams with proper training methods.

How many times have you watched Boyd and said he's done nothing and then he scores. As long as he gets the ball and scores a goal I'll be happy.

Yeah but its usually against pish opposition and funnily enough when he was injured as a team we scored more goals.

He's shite and will prove to be a fucking shocking signing. Im sure the mhanks are terrified of facing him in a couple of years ..oh wait..he cant score against anyone unless they are in the bottom three and we are at home at Ibrox.

Yeah but its usually against pish opposition and funnily enough when he was injured as a team we scored more goals.

He's shite and will prove to be a fucking shocking signing. Im sure the mhanks are terrified of facing him in a couple of years ..oh wait..he cant score against anyone unless they are in the bottom three and we are at home at Ibrox.

Boyd has an excellent record against just about every side that isn't Celtic. He scored plenty against United, Hearts, Aberdeen etc.

Criticise him all you like, but if you have to lie to do it, maybe ask yourself why you bother :lol:

Its ripping out of you now.

Good signing if we go 4-4-2 with at least one proper winger and KM as his partner. Came into pre-season off the back of surgery, so isn't match fit / sharp as yet. Sure he'll score a barrel load if Ally doesn't set-up in his usual negative manner.

Its ripping out of you now.

No its not. He's a POINTLESS signing!! Scott Allen is away to Hibs on less money as he told me personally (I posted this ages ago) he would never develop under Ally. Boyd will bang a few in this season but come up against a good team he is a fucking traffic cone.

No its not. He's a POINTLESS signing!! Scott Allen is away to Hibs on less money as he told me personally (I posted this ages ago) he would never develop under Ally. Boyd will bang a few in this season but come up against a good team he is a fucking traffic cone.

Not sure what the signing of Boyd has to do with Allan. Although maybe Ally would have signed Allan is he had accomplished anything worth mentioning.