Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

So you reckon our youth were good enough to get us through the divisions? Seriously? Most of them are finding their level now, but you reckon you CAN make a silk purse out a sows ear? When that failed, which it invariably would have, I'm sure you'd have been screaming that the manager wasn't taking the necessary steps to make sure we got promoted...likely by not bringing in the players who would get us up. And in going for the latter (trying to guarantee the promotions by bringing in experienced qaulity - in relevant terms) this was always going to end up costing much more than the players were actually worth.

Ah, a man who reads what he wants to read, I suggest you re-read my post.

At no time did I say we only played our youngsters, my implication was to use said youngsters more often.

You would surely agree with me that having won both leagues at a canter, there were enough games in hand to give experience to the younger players playing alongside their peers, especially last season where you will find (statwise) that we virtually fielded the same team game after game. Without experience you can't move on and better yourself, no matter what your vocation is.

The young players of today are the first team squad of tomorrow, when the older ones are gone.

So you reckon our youth were good enough to get us through the divisions? Seriously? Most of them are finding their level now, but you reckon you CAN make a silk purse out a sows ear? When that failed, which it invariably would have, I'm sure you'd have been screaming that the manager wasn't taking the necessary steps to make sure we got promoted...likely by not bringing in the players who would get us up. And in going for the latter (trying to guarantee the promotions by bringing in experienced qaulity - in relevant terms) this was always going to end up costing much more than the players were actually worth.

I don't think many of us expected the youths to get us where we are . But we did expect a better showing from the players we signed from spl teams. Too many of which have performed better under their previous managers than they have under Ally. Too much of a coincidence , that the common denominator is the present management team.

344 saying no. This is the most one sided poll we've ever had on this. Do FF or the like have a similar one running and how does it compare?

How about the vb boys do you guys have one running?

Don't do FF , but my boy does and he says it's pretty similar.

We could easily have got out of the 3rd division with the senior players that tuped over and the youths we could have played a side like this in a 442

Alexander

McAusland

Goian

Bocanegra

Wallace

Aird

Hutton

McLeod

McKay

Little

Jig

With subs including, S. Gallagher, Mitchell, Perry, Hegarty, Gasparotto, Crawford, Murdoch, Telfer, Stoney, Ramsey, C. Gallagher.

We know the centre halfs in that team left before the deadline but we only needed one experienced one to replace them preferably a British player to partner preferably Gasparotto and possibly an experienced central midfielder also British. We know he pissed millions up the wall on crap with Templeton imo being the only successful signing that summer the rest were a waste of money.

By the end of that season we should have had about 4 teenagers having around 30 starts and another 5 having over 20 appearances from the start or bench throughout the season. Jig should have been allowed to see out the final year of his contract but no he was given a 3 year extension as a bonus for tuping over.

Nobody could honestly say that squad of players with the addition of Templeton , an experienced British central defender and midfielder and possibly striker to cover Jig would not have walked that division or even last season but he's wasted a fortune on rubbish that nobody will take off our hands and still hasn't solved the three main problem positions he's had since he took over that being right back and left-wing and right-wing.

We could easily have got out of the 3rd division with the senior players that tuped over and the youths we could have played a side like this in a 442

Alexander

McAusland

Goian

Bocanegra

Wallace

Aird

Hutton

McLeod

McKay

Little

Jig

With subs including, S. Gallagher, Mitchell, Perry, Hegarty, Gasparotto, Crawford, Murdoch, Telfer, Stoney, Ramsey, C. Gallagher.

We know the centre halfs in that team left before the deadline but we only needed one experienced one to replace them preferably a British player to partner preferably Gasparotto and possibly an experienced central midfielder also British. We know he pissed millions up the wall on crap with Templeton imo being the only successful signing that summer the rest were a waste of money.

By the end of that season we should have had about 4 teenagers having around 30 starts and another 5 having over 20 appearances from the start or bench throughout the season. Jig should have been allowed to see out the final year of his contract but no he was given a 3 year extension as a bonus for tuping over.

Nobody could honestly say that squad of players with the addition of Templeton , an experienced British central defender and midfielder and possibly striker to cover Jig would not have walked that division or even last season but he's wasted a fortune on rubbish that nobody will take off our hands and still hasn't solved the three main problem positions he's had since he took over that being right back and left-wing and right-wing.

(tu)

I basically said as much a couple of days ago.

It's cost us far more than it needed to get back through these divisions.

I'm always baffled by the statement by McCoist saying the Rangers fans expected a certain calibre of player when we went down. It was a thing the media churned out that McCoist and the board were under pressure from the fans to bring high profile players.

Now if I remember correctly, most fans if not all, were more than happy with going with the younger guys in the squad and in the youth setup along with the best young players from the lower divisions. I don't recall a cry for us to bring in your Templeton's, Law's and Black's of the world.

344 saying no. This is the most one sided poll we've ever had on this. Do FF or the like have a similar one running and how does it compare?

How about the vb boys do you guys have one running?

Think we all suspect the FF one would be pro Ally, considering the number of infiltrators that seem to be there from quotes of their site.

VB one would probably be "get him tae f*ck" or something similar.

That's purely my own suspicion before anyone reports me to the DR.

Is Ally the man for the job ?

Define "the job" rather than pointing at Ally then consider if we are on track.

IMO the job is all about getting us back to the Premier in the least time possible, even if he has winged it by overspending in lower leagues. So far he is successful in getting us toward the Premier in shortest possible time.

The big changes will come when we are back in the Premier with the potential attraction of European football, that is when the big boys will probably step in.

Obviously he is not however he is the man in the job right now and unless the board find their balls and sack him he will remain and keep us in tge perpetual motion of turgid football and scraping past opponents by hoping to get one bit more luck than them like Tue night. The board must act or we all will feel the consequences.............

Definitely not for me.

I define 'the job' as progressing through the leagues, at least one cup success (not including the Ramsdens), developing a clear attacking footballing style/philosophy and preparing us for life back in the SPL.

He's only done one of those - complete failure for me.

When you are actually setting the club back, how can you be a success?

Definitely not for me.

I define 'the job' as progressing through the leagues, at least one cup success (not including the Ramsdens), developing a clear attacking footballing style/philosophy and preparing us for life back in the SPL.

He's only done one of those - complete failure for me.

When you are actually setting the club back, how can you be a success?

What if he had done all of that but failed to progress through the leagues? Would you think he had potential and stick by him?

Nope, certainly wouldn't.

This idea that good football and winning don't go together is just daft.

Of course it is daft. But your priority is a bundle of stuff that is very rarely seen! Lots of teams can do one or the other, rarely both.

Which is why getting us through the leagues for me is the major factor. Every day spent in these leagues is a day too long. Once we return to the top and we start to get our status back then we must bring about some serious changes, management, scouting, youth and philosophy - until then our resources are so sparse we can only concentrate on winning the league, as sore on the eyes it may be.